It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey All :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well, ive had an account for a few weeks now but havent had enough time to post or get really involved in some of the hot topics.

My reason for coming to the intro forum is to start off and sort of vent a frustration im having as of late...

Im meeting heavy opposition from some of my close friends and my own mother who think i'm a paranoid, tin foil hat wearing, America hater just for voicing my concerns and opinions on what is going on in the world and even right here in our own backyards.

What are my concerns? Well to name a few...the current state of the dollar and the economy. Its pretty clear that Wall Street and the fraudulent banks have run the whole system into the ground for thier own benefits and at the expense of the vast, VAST majority. Next is the rise of what seems to be a much tighter grip on the lives of regular citizens. Whether its Patriot Act type security measures (wiretapping, private spying, etc) to the lack of GOOD media coverage on topics that actually matter. My point on those things is that most fot he time, the real, hard questions are never asked by the mainstream and ultimately ignored for a plethora of other nonsense and petty issues (such as royal weddings, and just the overall manipulation of information)

Apparently i'm making a big deal out of nothing when making my claims of the mainstream lieing/distorting facts, or how the media is owned by a few mega corporations (which apparently doesnt warrant any need to question or be concerned)... *sigh* I just feel like ive hit a wall.

My mother would say after I present this information to her that "if I believe so much in it and if im so passionate about is (which by the way she automatically exludes herself from these problems as if they dont or wont affect her) that I should "do something about it". And shes right. And I do what I can. I try and talk some sense into people.

Believe me, when this # hits the fan, and it most likely will, ill be marching with the massesand going above and beyond to secure the liberties that this country was founded upon. I wasn't brought to this country for nothing. And now I cant even talk some sense into the person who made that decision for me.

Am I wrong for questioning?...

Sorry for the massive wall of text guys, I really hope I didnt scare anyone away from reading the whole thing but id appreciate some input.

Thanks guys and I look forward to joining in on the discussions

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

Hi Jugtalicus, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

Jugtalicus,

It's good to have you here at ATS. I'm sure we have all gone through the same things when confronting others. Most people just don't want to hear it, and they enjoy what we perceive to be their delusion.

The first thing you will quickly learn is: There is no 'convincing others', or 'waking them up'. People will simply believe what they want to believe and the best you can do is plant a little seed and let them make their own choices.

You have about as good a chance of convincing them of a conspiracy as they have of convincing you that the world is made of rainbows and glitter, and the only thing worth worrying about is who wins American Idol.

I hope you enjoy ATS

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I think your mother may be wiser then you think. Challenging you to do something about stuff is great advice.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you find peers here with which to communicate,

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hello, I am usually a lurker.

But welcome to the site.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Welcome to the forums!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome guys, and yes, believe me, I don't underestimate my mother's wisdom and I know that even though she might actually be challenging me to "do something about it" which I am more than prepared to do so when the time is right, its difficult to take her seriously when she won't even consider what im saying and immediately resort to name calling. You know, when we came to America, she wasn't always like this. Where we came from, propaganda was everywhere in the form of blazing nationalism and was extremely obvious and blatant as apposed to how it is here with corporate sponsored propaganda in the for of consumerism or propaganda in media. After a while it just seems like she became lost in all of it and desperately wanted to be American, perhaps to fit in? Sure I wanted to fit in but I always tried to remember who I am, you know?

I haven't lost all hope but its not easy when an adult won't even begin to question the consequences of the Patriot Act and then claim that the killing of that Marine a few weeks back in his home by SWAT, was no big deal...those were the two things we got into an arguement over the other night which prompted me to come to ATS to spill a limited amount of my guts to the into forum, lol.

Anyway, thanks again guys

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS...

k)

top topics

join