It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathtaking Time lapse/ Giant Telescope

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Best Seen on Youtube in big screen...

Sometimes I think we forget just how small we really are. This video shows the astonishing number of stars and galaxies in just this one little patch of sky. I was just mesmerized by it. We get so caught up in gloom, doom, and the trivial....sometimes we just have to be reminded that we are just a minuscule part of the big picture. Whether you believe in God, Allah, Buddha, or Science......one fact remains....there is SOMETHING bigger than ALL of us......Enjoy!

edit on 5/28/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

edit on 5/28/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/28/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
tripping b@ll's man. thats so beautiful. I wish tax money was spent on more cool stuff like this...pfft... stupid war... taking all the monies...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I know! When you see things like this, it's like all our stupid, petty things seem so....well....STUPID! I agree space exploration should be high on our list....it's where it all began.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
awesome

and the reason i wont mind when the power goes out, to be able to see stars in all their magnificent glory.

light polution is a serious issue for me, one of the first i'd try to solve if i ruled the world.

fluorescent or luminescent solutions, or maybe low power leds with motion sensors that would give light when and just when needed.

give us back our starry nights!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I second that....I am lucky in that I am in a rural area at a relatives house in the Kitstache National Forrest....so tonight, I am going out to stargaze!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That's amazingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Almost inspired me to buy a multi-million dollar telescope.

Almost.

Thanks again. You've made my evening.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

It makes me smile just to know that....I just gave you one of those billions and billions of stars

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is something to think about as well.....it just blows my mind! It's old, but I never tire of it....just amazing when you think that ALL those GALAXIES are in a tiny spot of the universe....yet each of those galaxies are so large, we can't comprehend! So, think about that, and then try to imagine how big the universe is!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Another great vid. You've been starred twice now... and I even gave you a little flag to wave around.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well thank you! **prancing around waving my new flag**

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Freaking amazing. I wish i had that here in miami.
I can barely see anything at night.

Here is a link to more images of the sky.
2.5 Giga pixel image.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Wow...that's beautiful. This particular telescope is in Chile on top of a mountain. I wish I could go there and see it in person!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Beautiful, absolutely stunning.

This is why I got into science. I long for the day we are a truly intelligent culture, not distracted by jealousy or greed, and we are able to appreciate the awe and wonder of our universe. A time when all of us understand our place in the grand existence that we are part of. When we no longer worry about how someone else's hair looks, or what model our car is...

We are a grain of salt to a grain of salt to a grain of salt... but we are all part of the same cosmic wonder.

Thanks for sharing this

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wow, beautiful things to meditate on as I go about my day. I especially was moved by the second clip OP. Thank you for posting this.
edit on 29-5-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Such a beautiful video to watch. Thank you for posting. It's not hard to imagine that these observations are designed to pull the heart strings of an individual, as if we really are connected to the vast universe.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeS

Well put! That is what I was tring to say. When I see things like this, it makes me think of all the energy we put into destroying our planet and ourselves. If we were able to use that energy for the common good, who knows what we could achieve.......but unfortunately, man's nature probably will never allow that.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Glad you enjoyed it....I have watched it over and over!

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ElmersGluon

Yes, and it certainly did.....I found myself totally mesmerized by it....goosebumps and all. I think everyone should take at least 30 minutes every night, to go outside with a lawn chair and just look at the sky. It's a great stress reliever! I always think, as I look at the sky, that the answers to everything is SOMEWHERE out there....

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
skyfish.. 7:07~7:08
edit on 29-5-2011 by zero7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

What is so amazing just in the Milky Way Galaxy alone there are billions of planets and way too many to count that can sustain life. ^Y^

top topics

<<   2 >>

join