It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Foo Fighters to New World Order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Listen to the lyrics and watch the Video........................ No Surrender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Is this beyond your understanding? Or do you not care that such an influential group can get an essential message across to the masses?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I like that song, here is a new one from Rev theory I like also.

Justice

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

I do not find this uncommon as I am a student of music and have been for years even after being out of school.
Many bands have a message, remember these are generally the unpopular guys in school.
They have something to say so they do it with a catchy riff, a pounding beat, and an unescapeable chorus.
Star and flag for you my friend!
This is another band that speaks their mind even against the wishes of "The Man".

And then you have the cheerleaders of war, nationalism, patriotism, Etc.... pardon me please i must go puke.
These guys.

However the Patriot community, the real Patriots co-opted their song and told the world what a Citizen Soldier truly is.

We are the guy at the store, the mechanic who changed your tire, your bartender and yes, even the kid who rides his bike on your street.
Music can reduce the toughest man to tears it can move mountains as it connects to our hearts somehow.
edit on 28-5-2011 by g146541 because: bad linky

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
yeah there's alot of bands who have a message...it's just that most people kill the messenger! born of osiris is another one and black sabbath were doing this a long time ago, anybody heard of war pigs??

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

edit on 28-5-2011 by greenWeenie because: had to figure out how to add videos

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

I remember when I found out Living Color was a black band, I thought that rocked cause they had a solid sound.
It even changed my perception a bit.
Good stuff!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

. . .
This is another band that speaks their mind even against the wishes of "The Man".

. . .

Perfect example (language warning):

Music starts at 4:25, and the controversy starts at 8:40

Little story behind that video:

An internet campaign was started in 2009 to get the song "Killing in the Name" to the #1 downloaded position, which was slated to go to the X Factor (think American Idol) winner.

As RATM's downloads started to soar, BBC5 decided to interview them. During the interview guitarist Tom Morello criticized The X Factor and Simon Cowell for spoon feeding people "one schmaltzy ballad after another".

Meanwhile, Simon Cowell also slammed the campaign, calling it "stupid", "cynical" and "very Scrooge".

Even funnier . . . BBC5 had to issue an apology and stated "We had spoken to the band repeatedly beforehand and they had agreed not to swear," he said. "When they did, we faded the band out and said sorry immediately. We apologise again to anyone who was offended."

Edit: Lyrics:

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses (x4)

Killing in the name of (x2)

And now you do what they told ya (x13)

Those who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites
You justify those that died by wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses (x4)

Killing in the name of (x2)

And now you do what they told ya (x4)

And now you do what they told ya, now you're under control (x8)

*# you,* I won't do what you tell me (x16)

*Mother#er *

*Anything between the stars is edited out on the radio.
edit on 5/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

One of my favorites. And so true... so true...

I have The Pretender, I like it a lot.

Here is another.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Good stuff everybody*

Music does a great job of pulling emotion into to open.

I wish people would pay more attention to the lyrics though

This video will not embed but its the one that poped into my head.
Pennywise F*#$ Authority

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

pharoahe monch W.A.R. We are renegades - great album.

art awakens people, that is why the media trys to tear artists down in the minds of the masses.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
One of my favorite bands.

And another

Both bands to sing alot about this. But there are a bunch of others such as NOFX, Bad Religion, Green Day, Megadeth etc. I think people just want it all to stop and its a good way to spread a message.

p.s. first time embedding videos.. did I do it right?
edit on 28-5-2011 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Oh it's this thread again.
WOW! I have never heard of musicians using their music to spread their political and social views!.... come on...

Plus Rage Against the Machine just make me laugh seen as they are contracted to a label owned by Sony... it's the same for a lot of these kinds of bands... And don't give me that "but they need to distribute their music to the masses" bull. You could easily distribute music on the internet. I really find it hard to take a message seriously when they are filling the pockets of the corporations that they are 'rebelling' against. Now don't get me wrong... the music is generally good and the messages are there; the hypocrisy just ruins it for themselves.

Big up to Bad Religion; even if their albums do all sound the same lol.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Same crying as it always has been.

How can a band be hating against the people that put food on their tables.

It is called fighting the machine from within.

You really should do some research before you spout off.

Tom Morello of RATM donates most of his royalties to charities. The other band members do as well, but not to the extent of Morello.

They also do TONS of benefit and charity concerts.

All of which they would not have been able to do if they would not have put their name out there.

Morello even says in a CNN interview that he wants you to give more money to that artist (through concerts and merchandise) than to the record companies.

Fight the machine from within.

Would you become a slave if you knew that you would be able to free some slaves?

Would you become a prisoner if you knew you could get some innocent prisoners out from the inside?

These bands put their message above themselves.

Edit:

Big up to Bad Religion; even if their albums do all sound the same lol.

--With alternative rock and grunge breaking into the mainstream, Bad Religion decided to leave Epitaph for Atlantic Records in 1993 and quickly re-released their seventh full-length studio album Recipe for Hate on the label that same year. Despite receiving mixed reviews from music critics, the album finally broke Bad Religion into mainstream audiences and got their highest U.S. chart position to date, debuting at #14 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart, with "American Jesus" and "Struck a Nerve" in particular becoming major rock radio hits at their time. Also in 1993, the band recorded the song "Leaders and Followers" (which later appeared as a bonus track on the Japanese version of their next album) for the soundtrack for the Kevin Smith film, Clerks.

Recipe for Hate was followed up by Bad Religion's eighth studio album Stranger Than Fiction. The album met high critical reception upon its release in September 1994, and subsequently became their most successful album, scoring hits with "Infected" and a re-recording of "21st Century (Digital Boy)", which was originally released on Against the Grain. The album was Bad Religion's first to enter the Billboard 200; the release peaked at number 87, and was awarded gold certification on 4 March 1998 for sales of over half a million copies.

^^Above from Wiki--

Nevermind the fact that Gurewitz founded and owns Epitaph records, which is now part of the RIAA . . .

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

It takes balls to bite the hand that feeds you, and they definately have those. I can't remember DeLaRocha or Morello ever getting on a commercial and telling me to buy some Pepsi, buy a new cell phone or buy a new car, so I'll accept that they work for sony. I think LC does or did at one time too. How else are they supposed to spread the good word? Turn down the record companies and play in bars forever?

By the way, I used to get so pissed when they played that John Mayer song on the radio at work. This is the first time I ever actually listened to his words. WOW. I respect that man now. SOME of the mainstream top-40 songs have some very interesting lyrics if you listen. I honestly wonder what it is Mayer is waiting on though. If he's waiting for his fanbase to smell the coffee, it might take awhile.
edit on 28-5-2011 by greenWeenie because: decided to add more

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Noviz

Well thank you for adding to the conversation.I question the idea that the internet would make a hit.
Well unless it is a video about fridayfridayfriday.
But no band could get the attention a big label can give.
The labels let them speak against them why?
Because most of the folks just think it is just music and the labels make a killing too.
I think you need a cup of hot cocoa.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Star for the GammaRay No World Order intro

I was going to post it

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Hurt is a song by nineinchnails cash just covered it, i believe that was the last song he sang before his death too.

lights in the sky... you KNOW he's referring to ufos

also immortal technique very politically active in his lyrics

following vid has strong language

edit on 5/29/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Iknow that.

I just like Cash's version more.

Seems to show more emotion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join