It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Conspiracies Wanted!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hi all, I'll just cut to the chase here...

I'm thinking of writing a book, a fictional novel along the lines of Dan Brown's OTHER books (Digital Fortress, Deception Point) among other authors of the same genre.

Basically, I'm looking for British conspiracies to base the book around. The reason for the British theme is simple - I live in the UK so locations can be easily visited for layout, back-story and other research - however I don't really know of many government cover-ups etc.

If any of you could point me to websites or other sources of information it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance, hope you can help!

Kyle

ETA: I was also wondering if any of you knew wether or not there are any "lower" military intelligences in the UK? Most know of MI5 and MI6, but are there such things as MI1-MI4?

Again, thank you for any help you can give

edit on 28-5-2011 by kai22 because: See above

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kai22

Rendlesham Forest might be good for a location maybe?

en.wikipedia.org...

also

RAF Boscombe Down incident

www.dreamlandresort.com...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kai22

Well ther are plenty of them:

Murder of Princess Diana, Murder of Dr David Kelly, Blackmailing of Harold Wilson, MOSSAD threatened assasinations of British Statesman if Israel not created, Henry VIII mass murderer, Jack The Ripper Masonic connection, God's Banker hanging, WMD paper on Iraq fiction, Various British agents found dead in strange circumstances (not just one either). Do Google seraches on these for masses of information.

Don't have too many nightmares about it!!!
edit on 28-5-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling error

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Lot's of good ones in there.

What about Andrei Litvinenko? Pretty freaky manner in which he was killed, poisoning by radioactive polonium-210. Radiation is one of those timeless fears, but all the more contemporary with Fukushima. There is alot of room for speculation as to the foundations of the story!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kai22

You might consider using the Hellfire Club and their mysterious caves. It is an easy search.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How do we know your not some MI5 or MI6 agent fishing for people with info on stuff you and your colleagues tried to cover up?

I call INFILTRATOR!!!!!!!!!

Quick everyone GET HIM!!!!!!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
haha 1 name
tony blair

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onet Wosix

Wow, wasn't expecting replies so soon, just thought I'd leave the post on "tick-over" for the night lol, but while I'm still awake...

Onet Wosix: I've heard of the Rendlesham Forest incident before, but the RAF Boscombe Down incident is entirely new to me, will have to give it a closer look in the morning methinks, certainly intriguing.

It reminded me of another question I had actually...

I'm looking for potential "top secret" technologies that may be under development by British companies, have any of you come across rumours/speculation of such things?

Revolution9: Obviously I've heard of the Diana and Dr. David Kelly cover-ups, and of one British agent's mysterious death, hower I've never heard of the rest, especially the ones involving Henry VIII and Jack the Ripper!

Big Raging Loner: I had actually forgotten about that poor bloke, which is convenient for I guess
I could be wrong here, but are you suggesting a link between Litvinenko and the Fukushima plant? Sorry if I'm mistaken there.

AQuestion: Again, another new one for me, I'll be looking into that one in the morning, thank you.

Looks like I have a few good starting places, but please, keep them coming
you can never have too many options!

Thanks guys!

Kyle

P.S. Calling all agents... IkNOwSTuff is onto us... downloading IP address and personal details... stand by.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The queen doesnt wear knickers!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kai22

No no, just that radiation fears are back in the spotlight. After all the theories flying around about radiation levels, and detection equipment. I still find it particularly horrible and evil the way he was killed. I also think it made a bold statement that lethal levels of radioactive material can be found knocking about in central London.

Litvinenko was well known for his theories about Putin's rise to power taking advantage of crises, and even generating some to further his political motives.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Might be a good idea to start looking into what really happened on 7/7. For a reference start watching 7/7 ripple effect doco.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses

Seen a few things that I'm definately going to research, though I admit I was really hoping to find out wether there are more agencies than MI5 and MI6.

I've also realised that I forgot to ask if there's any knowledge/speculation/rumours of any 'secret' facilities in the UK? I've seen that RAF Boscombe Down has a secretive side to it, but are there any others? I've tried Googling it but nothing much has come up. If I can't find anything, then I've considered using existing dis-used bases (such as RAF Bentwaters near Rendlesham) and adding 'extras', if you see what I mean?

Anyway, thanks again

Kyle

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
Hi all, I'll just cut to the chase here...

I'm thinking of writing a book, a fictional novel along the lines of Dan Brown's OTHER books (Digital Fortress, Deception Point) among other authors of the same genre.

Basically, I'm looking for British conspiracies to base the book around. The reason for the British theme is simple - I live in the UK so locations can be easily visited for layout, back-story and other research - however I don't really know of many government cover-ups etc.

If any of you could point me to websites or other sources of information it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance, hope you can help!

Kyle

ETA: I was also wondering if any of you knew wether or not there are any "lower" military intelligences in the UK? Most know of MI5 and MI6, but are there such things as MI1-MI4?

Again, thank you for any help you can give

edit on 28-5-2011 by kai22 because: See above
Hi I am doing something on the same lines as this please send me an email and maybe we could put our heads together as I am a bit stuck on mine at the minute.
I have PMed you my email.

I can't find how to PM so I left a comment on your profile page.
edit on 5-6-2011 by DEV1L79 because: can't PM

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
How about RAF Rudloe Manor?

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

There's also 'secret' bunker at Wood Norton, just up the road from me in Evesham

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
One of the greatest mysteries, for me at least, was the government's shelter & evacuation plans for Queen Elizabeth in the event of a nuclear war. Historians & researchers have all failed to come with the plans. The National Archives don't reveal one iota of the details, presumably because the plans still exist and are ultra sensitive.

We all know about the planning to evacuate the Prime Minister & essential staff to the massive Burlington/Turnstile bunker in Wiltshire. We know about the horrendously fierce Defence Regulations, imposing martial law, to be rushed through Parliament in the few days before hostilities start. We know about Parliament being suspended, the UK being governed by 15 Regional Commissioners (Cabinet Ministers), operating from underground bunkers of their own.

But of the plans for the Queen, we know nothing. Only vague details about the trees in St. James's Park, London (right beside Buckingham Palace), having been cut down in the 1950's to enable a STOL aircraft to land and take off. The secret Z-berths for nuclear submarines on the West Coast of Scotland, placed there for submarines in distress or, as others claim, for the purpose of secreting Her Majesty away from the UK and to one of her less irradiated realms.

No details known about her bunker. Nothing about the evacuation of the palace & staff. Nothing. A great big nothing.

Now that's worthy of investigation.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure if MI9 still exist, the records show they where disbanded at the end of WW2..

I guess in todays world MI9 would be charged with generating the deception we see around us, and creating the kind of insurrection we see spreading through the ME today..

I have oft wondered if they still exist.

Perhaps it might be interesting to resurrect such a department for a good fictional novel??

An off shoot of MI9 was MI9a which became MI19 (Charged with obtaining information from enemy prisoners.) so there is lots of scope to play with.. and honestly who really knows if any of those sections still exist or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Are you just after factual conspiracy.
or fiction to?
at lest you have generated a good post.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If you want genuine conspiracies why not try writing about the conspiracy surrounding ATOS and UNUM and the privatisation through the back door of the British Health and Welfare Benefit system.

Or look into Common Purpose and its infiltration through the ranks of British political systems and local councils, the police and all public parties. The UK column is a good place to start for information.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think the best conspiracy is that the queen is not our queen, because she was fraudently crowned. Or so I read on here the other day. Check out this link for more info.
www.henrymakow.com...

new topics

top topics

join