It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Boom Shakes Northeast Philly Philadelphia - May 28, 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sorry tried to embed it but was having problems.....Here's the link, though

edit on 28-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: trying to fix link

edit on 28-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Gave up embedding video...just posted link

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on May 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fix embed, leave note

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Your video doesn't work and you are supposed to summarize what this is.

Is there a news source for this?

Do you live here and recorded this yourself?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

link

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thanks....not sure why I was having trouble embedding it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I was having trouble embedding it....someone else got it up though.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Weird another mysterious noise, beens so many everywhere...what the heck is it the alien ship that kills birds when they hit it. i need to know!!

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Earthquake? There was a Stress Fracture to appear in Michigan and people reported the same thing. Several loud booms and they found a mile long stress fracture in Michigan.

Maybe?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The guys who exploded a couple m-100's in a trash can are sitting around laughing right now.

That's what I think it was. Memorial Day celebrations?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm going to keep a close eye on this. I live about 20-30 min outside Philly depending on traffic. Might even run over there tonight and meet with a couple buddies who live in the area. If we can get close to where this occurred I will snap some photos or video on my phone. S&F! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Interesting. That does seem like a big response for the sound being of an unknown source. What makes matters worse, the descriptions by the ear-witnesses there are all totally random, speculations at things falling, to cars hitting buildings, earthquake to explosion, well could it have been our infamous florida rumble scenario? If it were M100s/M1000s or whatever, small explosives, they would be described as such. yay more mysterious noises in the US.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
these booms must mean sth but not many pple talk about it..

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
The guys who exploded a couple m-100's in a trash can are sitting around laughing right now.

That's what I think it was. Memorial Day celebrations?

Which guys ?
Do you have a link to support your post?
Is it something you made up as a joke?
What's a m-100? Isn't it a fircracker ? How a firecracker can do such a mess?
edit on 28-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The interesting thing about this story is that we have two groups of people well defined.

The witnesses, they are regular people, no secret agenda, they just described what they heard.

The other group is the authorities who came because this was something serious, if it was something linked to gov. activities, we wouldn't see all those cars parked.

I wonder how many of them were skeptics until now. Some people needs scary experiences to open their minds.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Now confirmed that it was indeed an earthquake.

"A 1.7 magnitude earthquake caused the rumbling boom reported by dozens in Northeast Philadelphia late Friday, the U.S. Geological Survey said Saturday. No significant damage was reported.

The micro temblor - which some said could be felt as far away as Bensalem - struck just after 9:30 p.m. with an epicenter just blocks from Franklin Mills Mall." quote

www.philly.com...

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 28-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

Since when does a 1.7 magnitude earthquake cause "explosions" sounds, loud enough for people in a large area to run out of their homes?

I'm not buying that. I live in New England, and really small earthquakes are not uncommon, you pretty much sleep through them, as they are very subtle. A lot of people are not aware that earthquakes occur where they live, because they are so small.

I didn't see anyone mention that an aircraft could have broken the sound barrier. That happened here last fall, and it was extremely unusual. They weren't supposed to be doing operations in this area, and they went supersonic over a residential area. It was extremely loud, as it's a very quiet area, and it sounded like an explosion, and rattled everything in my house. Everyone flooded the call-centers for our local news stations, because it was heard for miles, in many different towns. It was on the news, and in the paper the next day. Many complaints.

It's very startling if someone is not used to it, or not privy to what it sounds like. I've heard probably thousands of explosions in my lifetime, when I was in Iraq. So even for me, it was very surprising. I would assume it is uncommon for aircraft to go supersonic over Philly, PA.
edit on 28-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I didn’t question the earthquake explanation until you responded.

So, I was looking at the Airshow schedule to see if there would an a show seeing that its Memorial Day weekend and thought maybe they were practicing, but found this notice:

:::::::::::NOTICE:::::::::::

The U.S. Navy Blue Angels will not be performing at the
Millville Wings & Wheels Airshow 2011 due to a safety standown
related to a recent performance in Lynchburg VA

www.millvilleairshow.com...

here is a map of Millville, NJ to get an idea how close it is to Philly

www.millvilleairport.com...

Does this mean anything or am I spending waay too much time on ATS?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

McGuire Air Force base is 35 miles east of Philadelphia. I've been there, and considering it's Memorial Day weekend, I'm sure they have some activity going on. Not aware of the protocols concerning how they are allowed to break supersonic, I'm sure if it's like any normal situation, they're supposed to go about 30 miles off the coast before they do. Which is why they're situated on the seaboard (among other reasons).

But sometimes pilots mess around.

I don't know what kind of activity McGuire has, I think it's fairly light. I trained at Fort Dix (which is connected to McGuire) for a while, when I was in the army. It wasn't uncommon to have night-training with A-10's overhead, to simulate infantry operations with air cover.

I don't know if they sortie other aircraft other than A-10's very often. I'm sure they do. It's a rather small installation considering, and I've seen most of it. They probably had a few things lying around.
edit on 28-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Well, there are NORAD fighter jets stationed in Atlantic City, NJ which is about 60 miles SE of Philly.
edit on 28-5-2011 by itsallmaya because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was brought up in EQK territory, hardly a day goes by without having one yet we never had these boom sounds

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Interesting. We live about 2 hours north of Philly and tonight (about an hour ago) we heard two loud booms, the second louder than the first. Sounded like explosions.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join