It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US governments absurd stance on Israeli Nukes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This video is pretty funny. Its like these people are under some wierd trance. For some reason the US government will not admit to Israel having nukes.

edit on 26-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i never seen evidence that israel do have nukes, have you? please post evidence.
you know what thay say about assuming

edit on 26/5/11 by Aceofclubs because: rouge word

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well we could find out for sure if they would sign the NPT and let weapons inspectors in, but they wont do that. Even evil Iran does that. But Iran is the one that we have to watch out for. lol

Then you have this guy.

Mordechai Vanunu (Hebrew: מרדכי ואנונו‎); (born 14 October 1954) is a former Israeli nuclear technician who, citing his opposition to weapons of mass destruction, revealed details of Israel's nuclear weapons program to the British press in 1986.[2][3] He was subsequently lured to Italy by a female Mossad agent, where he was drugged and kidnapped by Israeli intelligence agents.[2] He was transported to Israel and ultimately convicted in a trial that was held behind closed doors.[2]

Vanunu spent 18 years in prison, including more than 11 years in solitary confinement. Released from prison in 2004, he became subject to a broad array of restrictions on his speech and movement. Since then he has been arrested several times for violations of those restrictions, including giving various interviews to foreign journalists and attempting to leave Israel. He says that he suffered "cruel and barbaric treatment" at the hands of Israeli authorities while imprisoned, and suggests that his treatment would have been different if he were Jewish

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
An insider made a computer model of the facility he saw in person, and I think he was then arrested and in jail for exposing the lies. If that doesn't convince you then I guess nothing will. Just keep giving Israel standing ovations, that should fix the world's problems.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I thought the officials did a good job of playing this guy's own game on him. His agenda is obvious. Does he actually think a US official is going to acknowledge that Israel might have nuclear weapons to some college kid with a microphone and an attitude? Of course not. Each one of these guys has a security clearance and a complete understanding that if they reveal classified information, they go to jail. They said as much. Perhaps you weren't listening to what they had to say. There's also the policy issues. It's not up to these guys to spill the beans. If the President wants to spill the beans, let him do it and let him take the consequences. It's not up to the DIA Director or some Senator to upstage the entire government.

There's also a bit of hypocrisy involved here. The US intelligence agencies, as well as many foreign intelligence agencies from the UK, France, etc. said Saddam had WMD. Apparently he did not, though he had used them on his own people in the past, and he didn't mind at all if the rest of the world thought he had them. So now you (plural, used loosely) want us to believe that the US intelligence agencies know that Israel has nuclear weapons. They were wrong last time. What makes them suddenly right this time? Just like Saddam, Israel doesn't mind at all if the rest of the world thinks Israel has them. So you condemn the agencies because you think they were wrong in the first instance and condemn them because you think they are right (though they've never said) in the second instance. It's pretty obvious that you intend to condemn them no matter what they say.

So the film says Israel is the ONLY country not to sign the Middle east Nuclear non-proliferation treaty. What does this piece of paper have to do with reality? Iraq certainly DID want nuclear weapons. Israel took out their reactor to prevent it. Syria had a nuclear program. Israel took that out, too. Iran has a nuclear program and is going for the bomb. Libya had a program and stopped it when the US invaded Iraq. All these countries signed a treaty and then ignored it, so why should Israel sign the same treaty and be expected to obey it? Hypocrisy again.

I think you also have to ask yourself, what if the US DID acknowledge that in their estimation, Israel DID have nuclear weapons. What difference would that make? Do you think Israel would suddenly say, "Gosh, guys. You caught us. I guess we'll have to dismantle all our nuclear weapons now. We'll get that done before Iran finishes theirs!" There's also the issue of you wanting the US to butt out of everyone's business--except Israel's, where the US is expected to intervene. Hyopocrisy again.

And here we have a President who is as left wing as it gets, as pro-Palestinian as it gets, as anti-Israel as any President has ever been--even Carter, surrounding himself with like-minded advisors, and still you can't get this acknowledgement you seek. If not Obama, who? Look what's happend to Obama's last farcical suggestion that Israel return to its 67 borders. Netanyahu said, "It's not gonna happen," and Congress, the US Congress, agrees.

So as long as we have people whose real agenda is to push Israel into the sea and kill all Jews (both of which are in the Hamas charter), then whatever the US says is pretty much immaterial. And so is what the UN says. As Netanyahu said, the UN can claim the Sun revolves around the Earth of they want to. They can proclaim that both discs are flat, but as long as people long for another Holocaust, Israel is going to make sure it survives. Get over it.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ok so the us can't just assume thay have nukes untill thay have proof making this not the usa's problem but the UN's

its like you think the US are ment to police the world

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

No I'm against any policing of anyone. I'm just saying its pretty funny to point fingers at Iran while ignoring israel's arsenal. Especially when they get a huge amount of aid which I am against (any country for that matter) and when they have been caught on multiple occasions using false flag tactics on the US. (the lavon affair, uss liberty.. ect.).

Just a thought.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't worry about Israel making a nuclear terrorist strike, however, I do worry that Iran would do such a thing, and the idea that Pakistan has nukes is very troubling.

Israel is just one of the many fronts is the war Islam is conducting against the rest of the world.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Islam is conducting a war on the rest of the world? Justify that. The last time I checked, it was the west attacking islamic states both economically and militarily.

I swear I am in an alternate universe sometimes.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Well i'd love to see some examples of Iran doing terrorist acts. I can show you a few occasions where Isarel has been caught as posted above. So your statements really don't hold any water and are just basically fear mongering.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It's almost certain that Israel has nuclear weapons technology. It isn't proven, but I don't think any reasonable person can say that Israel absolutely doesn't while Pakistan does.

/TOA

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Um, India, Africa, not exactly the west.

As far as economics goes, the West has been the Middle East's bread and butter for a long time now. Who developed their oil reserves for them? Who is their best customers?

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Clearly you will claim these are all lies, but I will give you the results of a google search anyway.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
WHAT NUKES

Israel has never tested any nukes so there is no proof they have nukes.

This means they do not have to sign the NPT.

They may be running the biggest bluff in the world on the Arabs.
But if you were a Arab country would you call that bluff.

top topics

join