It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Student Uncovers the Universe’s Missing Mass

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Very cool and intriguing XPLodER
Glad to have a member here with presentations on the cosmos such as yours.
So could this in any way tie into/add to the string theory? The quantum aspect could apply, in perhaps both the micro and macro proportions? Are these filaments part of that theory, or perhaps string theory is a part of the filament

spec

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Very cool and intriguing XPLodER
Glad to have a member here with presentations on the cosmos such as yours.
So could this in any way tie into/add to the string theory? The quantum aspect could apply, in perhaps both the micro and macro proportions? Are these filaments part of that theory, or perhaps string theory is a part of the filament

spec

thank you veryu much for the compliment

i have many a thread on the cosmos
here are a couple of my favourites
a universe full of lens shaped bubbles (ats)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Giant optical magnifying glasses in space found
www.abovetopsecret.com...

string theory to me has been negated by the fact that it cannot "predict" anything and is mear mathmatical fiction,
it explains how everything works but so did platolomy and he was wrong,
i am a fan of mathmatical complexity,
but the theory is really only understandable to maths majors and does not "give" us the ability to "do " anything with it.

strings are a bridge like dark matter, we use them because of a lack of options,
not for their correctness.

for the universe to be understood correctly without fudge factors (dark stuff) a
new understanding of gravitational lensing must be accepted,
it can explain all the strangness we observe,
and it can predict what will be "seen"

only when we realize that everything we see is beacause of light,
and light can be lensed,m
to increase size perspective,
to increase brightness
to give "apperent" motion
to reflect images

and we use light to measure distence in the cosmos,

you start to realise almost anything can explained by optical physics (imho)

hope my ideas are not to far out for you

xploder

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I did read through those 2 threads and thought they were well presented and of intriguing subject matters for sure.
Reading your above post made me think of a term called infinite resolution, which was mentioned in an article regarding the future of photography/cinematography. This made me think of some type of portal, or energy vein opening up and we could see into.
Yes your work is far out there, but I dig the vision.

spec

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
update 7 feb 2012

"Missing Matter of the Universe" Found in Massive Wall of Galaxies 400-Million-Light Years Away

The X-ray emission from WHIM in this wall is too faint to be detected, so instead a search was made for absorption of light from a bright background source by the WHIM, using deep observations

source

the study found a very large cluster or "wall" of galaxies with,

This discovery is the strongest evidence yet that the "missing matter" in the nearby Universe is located in an enormous web of hot, diffuse gas.

about 400 million light years away is a wall of galaxies that has hot diffuse gas between them and the hot difuse gas accounts for a massive amount of matter.

very interesting result indeed

xploder

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This result gives scientists confidence that the WHIM will also be found in other large-scale structures.

basically as more evedence stacks up a more complete picture of where and how much this web of hot gases adds to the known amount of normal matter, at this stage it looks like it will make an ever increasing presence in our estimites.

the hot difuse gases also have a role to play in optical equations when we consider the light refractive optics and properties that effect light.

xploder

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
XPLodER - thanks for keeping this thread alive. It's one of the few I actually have book marked to check back for any follow up developments.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join