It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yo-Yo Factory Breaks Anti-Grav Tech?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ridiculous you say? Impossible you say? Maybe so, but I guess you never know where the next great technological breakthrough will come from. So, without further ado, I'd submit, for your approval, the following video:

An innocent tour of the Yo-Yo Factory shop in Arizona, at first glance. But, look again. Among clips of the expected lathes, dedicated workers, and racks of product, we are shown the "new trick", innocuously titled Root Beer Float. As you can clearly see from the video, a yo-yo, without a string attached, mysteriously floats into the air and hovers!

Now, these yo-yos are made of high-grade aluminum, so it can't be done with magnets. At one point in the video, a string is passed completely around the floating yo-yo, so we know it's not dangling from a string or wire.

I submit that the yo-yo has repressed, anti-gravity tech built into it. Most likely associated with the vast amount of rotational energy the yo-yo has, which is mostly untapped.

As supporting evidence of this technology being repressed, I submit that the videographer, John Higby, has, at the time of this writing, refused to reveal how this "trick" was accomplished. Whether Mr. Higby is a willing participant in this obvious cover-up, or has been threatened by various alphabet agencies to remain silent is currently unknown. An artist and performer, Higby has been previously courted by the MSM, as can be seen in the following video, so his agenda and alliances may be in question.

He has also appeared on the Discovery Channel show "Time Warp", but the youtube version of it is no longer available due to "copyright" issues, if we can believe that.

To the best of my knowledge, and from what info I can find, no-one associated with Yo-Yo Factory has admitted, when asked, how the "Root Beer Float" trick was achieved. Numerous theories have been suggested on various yo-yo forums on the internet (example), but no definite answer has been discovered.

If ever I've seen a clearer case of leaked hidden technology, I don't know where. I'm sure it's just a matter of time until Yo-Yo Factory has been assimilated by the military/industrial complex.

As further evidence of yo-yos displaying unusual physical qualities, I present the following video of Jensen Kimmett winning the 2010 World Yo-Yo Championship for, you guessed it, team Yo-Yo Factory

After reviewing the evidence, I believe that Yo-Yo Factory, Mr. Higby, et al are not conspiring to conceal this hidden, repressed, most likely back-engineered technology. I believe that they are trying their best to leak the information to the public while protecting themselves from the obligatory repurcussions of TPTB. They may someday be heralded as whistleblowers and national, nay, world heroes. Until such time, they have families that they must protect, so you can't blame them for acting somewhat suspiciously in this matter.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Honestly, thats dumbfounding...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I cant watch the videos at the moment
but aluminium can be magnetically levitated.

A conductor can be levitated above an electromagnet (or vice versa) with an alternating current flowing through it. This causes any regular conductor to behave like a diamagnet, due to the eddy currents generated in the conductor.[6][7] Since the eddy currents create their own fields which oppose the magnetic field, the conductive object is repelled from the electromagnet, and most of the field lines of the magnetic field will no longer penetrate the conductive object.
This effect requires non-ferromagnetic but highly conductive materials like aluminium or copper, as the ferromagnetic ones are also strongly attracted to the electromagnet (although at high frequencies the field can still be expelled) and tend to have a higher resistivity giving lower eddy currents. Again, litz wire gives the best results.

en.wikipedia.org...

aluminium blocks are also used as magnetic breaks on some roller coasters etc.

edit on 22-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

It would appear as though technically this is not anti gravity but this type of yo yo is pushing air out of the bottom...when the gentleman puts his hand under the you it tends to drop a bit....I suspect somehow this movement of the hand under the yo yo is blocking some sort of air vortex that is created...cool toy though...but alas not antigravity

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I thought it might be floating on a jet of air and stabilized from the gyroscopic effect.

2nd

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think it looks like it's floating on a jet of air, which is why it dips when he very quickly passes his hand underneath. I also think that if somebody had mastered a technology which had the power this apparently has they'd be using it in a more money-making way than by selling yoyos.

With stuff like this though, I'd love to find out I'm wrong!

Edit: I must take too long to post! Every time I do it I find someone has beat me to it and my comment is redundant boo
edit on 22/5/11 by morkington because: see above

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zerocd

I would agree with that thought also

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I agree, this seems like hovercraft style technology ... the spinning action both creates the jet of air and a gyroscopic stabilizing effect ... I think it's proven because when he puts something underneath it, the hovering is disrupted..

Still super cool

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by morkington

you cant get more accurate than that, if he really wanted to show something that would blow our minds he would zoom out the camera for a full shot body.... that would be impressive... but he didnt... so nothing to see here, just some cool ideas to make a viral video and some knowledge of video editing...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thats it im buying a yoyo , im not even kidding lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
My son is an absolute YoYo freak.
He has the same type of yoyo that the trick was done on.
It'll give him something else to practice

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies! You never know, this could be the next world shaking event (not HAARP related!)

Some pretty reasonable theories have been brought up, but of course, until confirmed, they're just that, theories. Most, like magnets, air, and the like, have been denied by those involved. I believe, though, that this is just to protect themselves and their loved ones. If you deny everything, no-one can accuse you of making claims of any kind of advanced tech. They can just say "we never said that".

I can say, though, as far as the yo-yo shooting air out from itself, that I own a lot of yo-yos, including some Yo-Yo Factory ones, and none of them create enough of an air flow to levitate itself with.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymous1
Thats it im buying a yoyo , im not even kidding lol

I'd highly suggest doing so. U2U me if you want any recommendations

Originally posted by jamesthegreat
My son is an absolute YoYo freak.
He has the same type of yoyo that the trick was done on.

So you probably know that that yo-yo is called the "G-5". "G" for gravity?
Just sayin'...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I guess we will be seeing yo-you shaped UFO soon.

Any one ever see the bicycle wheel gyroscope trick before? I wonder is this in not the same thing. If so then Anti-Grav Tech has been around for a very long time and we were just making it hard than it had to be all this time.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I guess we will be seeing yo-you shaped UFO soon.

Well, the inverse, a UFO shaped yo-yo, has been around since the 1950s.
The Duncan Satellite. Were they just cashing in on 1950s pop culture, or were they trying to tell us something?
We may never know...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Aluminum is paramagnetic. Meaning when it gets cold it becomes magnetic. If you look at the video they only show about 6 inches below the yo-yo, there is most likely a magnet underneath and the yo-yo was in the freezer. Search youtube and you can find similar experiments.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

As already posted, aluminium can levitate magnetically, I saw it done 25 years ago, and the piece of aluminium that was floating at first was shot to a height of some 5 metres when they increased the power sent to the electromagnet.

Also, (and already posted), it looks more like a compressed-air trick than anti-gravity. Anyone that has had access to a compressed air installation can tell you that they are one of the best sources of fun on an industrial environment.

PS: small (1 ton) hydraulic presses can also be used, but with more care.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I can understand why y'all would doubt that there is some advanced tech going on here. Magnets and compressed air are so much more believable. As pointed out earlier, why would such tech be applied to something as simple as a yo-yo?

I believe this is done to attempt to keep this tech hidden. Who in their right mind, after all, would suspect a lowly yo-yo to be utilizing such repressed science? Sure, they could apply it to something that would be a lot more impressive looking, or something that would make a heap of money, but then it would be noticed by many, and the proverbial cat would be out of the bag.

For those who still doubt that TPTB would have any interest in applying gravity altering tech, or any kind of advanced tech, to a simple yo-yo, I submit the following video:

That's right, our "friends" at NASA seem to have an interest in how gravity applies to the yo-yo. The incident in this video was not the only time yo-yos have been taken into space for experiments funded by our tax dollars.

On April 12, 1985, the yo-yo was first taken into space by NASA on the Space Shuttle Discovery as part of the Toys in Space project. A basic spinning yo-yo was used to see what effect microgravity would have on it. What they discovered was that a yo-yo could be released at slow speeds and gracefully move along the string. However, the yo-yo refused to “sleep.” Without the downward force of gravity, the yo-yo could not spin against the loop at the end of the string and so, rebounded up the string. It was also found that the yo-yo must be thrown, not dropped, as there was no gravity to pull it down. And on July 31, 1992, the yo-yo (an SB-2) again made its way into space, on the Space Shuttle Atlantis, this time for an educational video including slow-motion yo-ing.
source

"Toys in Space" project? Really? Who knows how many tax dollars spent to see how toys work in space? After all, there are so many children in space who wish they could be playing with toys. What's the first thing the MSM starts chanting when they want some evil scheme to be accepted by the public? "Think of the children!"

Now, you can feel free to doubt, but do you really think that NASA would go to all the trouble and expense of running multiple experiments on altered gravity and yo-yos just to see how they would spin in space? Personally, I don't think so. I think that these experiments were used as a precursor to applying this reverse engineered anti gravity technology to the yo-yo for nefarious purposes not yet disclosed.

When you consider the fact that the military/industrial complex has been known to sink serious amounts of tax dollars into other innocent seeming toys in the past:

In 1969, the U.S. Army even invested $400,000 to see if flares placed on frisbees would stay aloft but without success.
source
...you begin to see that the idea of simple toys being used by TPTB to further whatever agenda they might have is not so outside the realm of possibility.

When we connect the dots brought to light here, we see that the idea of the anti-gravity yo-yo is not so far fetched, and could, indeed, be a reality as I believe it is.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Harvey Matusow. Are you familiar with that name? You might or might not be. Mr Matusow was somewhat famous in certain areas, and lived a very interesting life, it would seem.

Harvey experienced a diverse and incredible life, having been a soldier in World War II, seen the crash of the Hindenburg, worked for the FBI and Senator Joe MacCarthy in U.S. anti-communist hearings, written a best selling book about his work as a paid witness, served time in prison for perjury, been involved in stand up comedy, childrens radio programs and tv, journalism, underground magazines and newspapers, avant garde music, taken vows of poverty, released seven albums, and produced cable TV programming for the Mormon community
source

Mr. Matusow obviously knew many important and well-placed people, having worked for the FBI and Sen. McCarthy. He also, by his own admission, had been involved with much of the shaping of the western world:

In the past 50 years there are few things that have happened culturally in the western world which I have not been part of or at least on the cutting edge of.

Now, what does this have to do with an anti-gravity yo-yo? According to this almost unnoticeable comment from the above source, in the 1950s, Mr. Matusow invented a "stringless yo-yo":

COCKYBOO was also a clown character Harvey Job Matusow used in his program The Magic Mouse, and the previous title for Harvey Job Matusow's memoirs, The Stringless YoYo", named after Harvey's 1950s era Stringless YoYo invention.

Now, we all know that a yo-yo won't work without a string. It would fall to floor and roll away. Not a lot of fun. Unless, of course, this "stringless yo-yo" utilized some sort of anti-gravity technology.

Consider: Mr Matusow had connections with government officials and alphabet agencies. He was, we can see, not the most above board person, as shown by his perjury conviction. Is it beyond the realm of possibiity that Mr Matusow, through his various connections, gained access to some hidden tech, possibly reverse-engineered (remember, the '50s weren't too long after the whole Roswell affair) and applied it to the yo-yo in the hopes of making his fortune, or possibly in an attempt to make this tech public? I say that this is a distinct possibiity.

Consider, also, the fact that, in the video of the levitating yo-yo, it has no string. Add this to NASAs admission that, in zero gravity, a yo-yo won't sleep at the end of the string, but will wind back up, making the lack of string a necessity to enable a zero gravity yo-yo to continue spinning. This would explain why the levitating yo-yo has no string attached, and why Mr Matusow's anti-gravity yo-yo also had no string.

Some 20 odd years ago I read a book in which it was mentioned that about this time, someone demonstrated a stringless yo-yo in front of Congress, doing a couple of tricks and putting it back in his pocket. Unfortunately, I can't remember what book I read this in, but it was yo-yo related. I submit that this man was, indeed, Mr Matusow, and that the incident was immediately hushed up, even to the point of a disinformation campaign, just in case. If we search for the "stringless yo-yo" now, we find this:

The Whee-lo was released to the public in 1953 by Maggie Magnetic, Inc. of New York. It was billed as, “Whee-lo – The Magnetic Walking Wheel”. Its inventor, Harvey Job Matusow, called the Whee-lo, “The Stringless Yo-Yo”, giving the same title to his autobiography.
source
I think most of us recognize the Whee-lo. I also think that we can all agree that it is in no way a yo-yo, stringless or otherwise. A yo-yo consists of two halves mounted on an axle, while the Whee-lo is two axles mounted on a disc. I think that the Whee-lo was whipped up by some government agency and attributed to Mr Matusow as a means to cloud the waters concerning his stringless (anti-gravity) yo-yo invention.

Of course, none of this can be proved, as the cover-up/disinformation campaign worked to a "T", and, unfortunately, Mr Matusow passed away before he could reveal the truth, as I believe he intended to do in his unfinished autobiography titled, coincidentally, "The Stringless Yo-Yo". Said yo-yo must have been in the forefront of his mind for him to have named his book after it. Whether or not TPTB had anything to do with Mr Matusow's death is a matter I won't speculate about, but leave to the reader to connect the dots and draw their own conclusions.

So, once again we see that an anti-gravity yo-yo just might not be the product of science fiction, but rather the product of surpressed, hidden, science fact.

edit on 23-5-2011 by subject x because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by subject x because:

edit on 23-5-2011 by subject x because:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I can understand why y'all would doubt that there is some advanced tech going on here. Magnets and compressed air are so much more believable.
They are much more believable because they are known to exist (and I have seen them in action), while anti-gravity as yet to even be proved as possible (I think).

As pointed out earlier, why would such tech be applied to something as simple as a yo-yo?
And why apply it to a horizontal yo-yo? Why don't we see the "anti-gravity" yo-yo on its more common position?

I believe this is done to attempt to keep this tech hidden.
I think that not showing it would be a better way of keeping it hidden.

That's right, our "friends" at NASA seem to have an interest in how gravity applies to the yo-yo. The incident in this video was not the only time yo-yos have been taken into space for experiments funded by our tax dollars.
It's possible that those experiments were done without any extra expenditure, on the astronaut's free time.

Now, you can feel free to doubt, but do you really think that NASA would go to all the trouble and expense of running multiple experiments on altered gravity and yo-yos just to see how they would spin in space? Personally, I don't think so.
I think that's possible. We are used to many things and we do not even think why or how they work, so seeing how things act in a low gravity environment is a good way of seeing how other, more difficult to test, things would behave.

I think that these experiments were used as a precursor to applying this reverse engineered anti gravity technology to the yo-yo for nefarious purposes not yet disclosed.
What reversed engineered technology?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join