It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage Threads and New Polling Data.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I don't know who the Poll is from or the slant but I think it is accurate for the most part. Poll: Majority of Americans support gay marriage. I think before you can have this discussion you would have to define the terms first or you end up arguing over what you agree on.

Marriage - A Civil Contract entered into by the STATE and usually two individuals.

Holy Matrimony - Institution GOD created for his Creation and GOD defines it.

There is the simple definitions I think. I will let you know right up front I am a bible believer and an American and can separate my Belief and Right to it from your Rights so I won't fit into any mold.

I do not believe that any Gay Matrimony is seen as legit by GOD, that is only my opinion I haven''t heard from himself other than the bible.

I am against the feds getting into defining marriage on Constitutional grounds but I am for States deciding what their State's Laws will be. They were all given this Right when they entered into the United States Union. So as an American I see no reason why any adult should not have the Right to Contract with the STATE where others can based on sex. So I would not oppose Gay marriage in a State. I would be against it morally but I wouldn't vote on the issue ever. This Gay Marriage would be a civil Contract like all other or most other marriages in America and I do not think they could hurt the so called America Institution of marriage.

On the other hand, as far as GOD and Matrimony is concerned those are his rules and man cannot change them no matter how much he wishes he could. So allowing Gay Marriages is a step in the wrong direction in my opinion as a Judeo-Christian Nation but it is surly correct in our Constitutional System of Law to allow everyone the same Rights.

One last thing, you don't need the State or governments permission to get married!
edit on 5/22/2011 by theindependentjournal because: Darn thing posted before I was done...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Wave your Hands around like a Puff if you just don't give a damn!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Existing thread on this subject here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join