It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Armada Over Canada - 21st May '11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

i havnt seen an armada of lanterns but ive seen a huge group, 300 let off in a line at new year from over a mile away and this is exactly the same

she said they are coming from below, ie the ground
edit on 22-5-2011 by GezinhoKiko because: adding bits

edit: lanterns dont have that same flicker from over a distance
edit on 22-5-2011 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
Out of curiosity is there any air bases near by?

depending on where the video is shot. there is YVR the international airport, which is about 20 kilometres east
then there is boundary bay airport, small local commerical airport about 10-15 kilometres southwest

I live in Surrey and haven't heard of or seen any of these. It's cloudy right now so there's no view. but the footage was taken when it was clear out so I can see how it's possible and I was in Vancouver that night on my way back.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco0698

Armada would imply they are war ships. Looks like garden variety aircraft to me. Possibly military training.

there would never be military training like that over the skies of Surrey. it's not even an option.
only 2 bases with that capability and they are miles away. one in comox and the other in cold lake.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
These are almost definitely lanterns. I see these all the time. You can tell by the way that they are floated upwards from the same positions and following the direction of the wind. We have seen this a million times on here. Case closed.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

THis aint a fleet of UFOs, its all the good Christians being Raptured

Tha was my first thought

Now on topic:
I was buying into this until after the 3rd minute they start fading.Then i thought lanterns or flares.

Then i found in the bottom of this page a poll "do you plan on watching fireworks on the long weekend?"

www.theweathernetwork.com...

I had no idea what the long weekend is and it seems it's a Canadian national holiday,that includes fireworks.The firework part will take place on Monday.I just think what if they started the celebration with lanterns.

janroncommunications.com...
janroncommunications.com...

I might be wrong,it's just an idea.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm sorry if I'm terribly wrong since I only watched half the video. I've been lurking here for some time now and I usually get pretty angry with those who discard ufo footage immediately because they say it's a reflection or bird or whatever, when it's CLEARLY not.

For the first time however, I am absolutely convinced that these are no UFOs. These are Chinese luck lanterns. A lot of them.

Correct me if they started jumping and moving in strange directions further down the video, but I feel that is very unlikely.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
No jumping or alien movements, just every characteristic of a bunch of lanterns being launched in succession from one place. Something falling from space, sideways? Hehe. At least they enjoyed the experience

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This video is not a purposeful hoax.. someone in Canada saw something weird in the sky and decided to film it, the validity of it is up to us. Technology has just advanced to the point where most people have some kind of device at-hand that can record video; as opposed to 20 years ago when video camera's were enormous and couldn't fit in the palm of your hand, like today. Anyway, Anon's plan doesn't start in till later tonight so I doubt they're behind this. I'm not sold on this being of ET origin, but as someone said a few pages back; look at the size of the orbs compared to the supposed plane seen flying. Most likely.. lanterns
edit on 22-5-2011 by kevinrulezdood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'd say 99% positive they are chinese lanterns, based on their movement and behavior (no sudden movements, slow drift upward and likely with the wind). At first I was more intrigued by the red blinking lights, but I'm pretty sure they were behind a window and that was a reflection.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm definitely not a debunker, but I am 99% sure those are lanterns. I find the posts claiming fake and hoax hilarious though. Lanterns are becoming a very popular thing to do at celebrations and parties but that doesn't mean everyone on the planet knows about them or how to identify them. If I had seen something like this a year ago I'd have grabbed my camera too, thinking there was a massive group of alien ships floating over my head.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I don't see why any life outside Earth *or on Earth* would want to visit Surry...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Chinese Lanterns without a doubt.

Look at the way they move.....they are all moving at the same pace in the same direction.
They look pretty far away from the place the person is filming....this is why you dont see the usual flicker.
It doesnt look like this was filmed on a top end camera so a lot of detail is missed....the flicker/shape etc.

How are people still mistaking these things for anything else than what they are????

Lanterns peeps.....its a kid filming.....no surprise he made the assumption it was an alien invasion lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
to me the lady speaking de-bunked this herself when she said, and i quote "if it was coming from the sky why would it be coming up?"

lanterns!
edit on 22-5-2011 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

The person in the Video making that comment was simply giving her opinion as we all are. Doesn't mean it's right!

But this comment being made tells me - it isn't a hoax - she made a genuine comment though perhaps has never seen an armada of lanterns before either. I haven't - have you? There wasn't any flickering as you may expect from lanterns.

Watch National Geographic - Alien Invasion Documentary - Teaching us how to survive one. Now Why would they want to do that??

I agree with you, she was giving her opinion, that's all. I love how people assume that videos like this,and there are similar videos to this, know for a fact that the objects they're seeing are Chinese lanterns.

Also I have to check out this documentary. Sounds very interesting.
I think there could be 1 of 4 reasons for showing this documentary.

1. Possible future bluebeam scenario by TPTB or whom ever you want to call "them", to default on unpayable national debts without any obligation to they're creditors, also known as Force Majeure (French for superior force)
2. Preparing us for an inevitable contact with negative ET beings
3. Preparing us for an inevitable contact with ET beings that are NOT malicious, however could be a possible last resort to maintain power and control by using fear
4. Pure entertainment

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Good catch! I say that will be all of our reaction because there is no reason to panic. If we were to panic what could we do anyway against superior tech. Me personally would of been out side screaming to the top of my lungs "hey get your a**es down here and save us dammit"

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ALL THE propaganda behind the fear and doom of "UFO's" actually its our space family, there is no fear, we already know them and some of us ARE THEM under a veil of amnesia to carry out lightwork ushering humanity to their own graduation to the next stage, some look like us some can present themselves anyway they wish....

no fear no worries. most of them are already here, and when everyone is looking up at the skies the day of disclosure, some will just reach out or walk out of their homes, they are your neighbors and have been here the whole time watching, protecting and waiting patiently for when we all can freely interact.

UNI-VERSE=ONE-SONG

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
These are only chinese fire lanterns, we see them all the time here in the UK, you can tell what they are because they are all following the same line of wind and gaining altitude at roughly the same point.

It is a good video but sadly its just fire lanterns.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by ItsAnOddFuture

They look like and behave exactly like Chinese lanterns as far as I can tell.
They are moving slowly up (from the heat from the candle), but are otherwise all drifting in the same direction with the wind.

I can't believe I missed this as I live in Surrey, but there you have it.

While I agree with you that Chinese lanterns move in such a manner, isn't this how you would envision an advanced aircraft hovering over a city to move?

For the people that say these are Chinese lanterns, please PROVE this. Show us real evidence that lanterns were released. If you can not do so then this sighting must remain unidentified flying objects, rather than drowning the thread in posts like "chinese lanterns, no doubt.". That doesn't cut it debunkers!

You could say exactly the same thing about any random grouping of stars, especially since it is much more likely that an advanced spaceship would be hovering much higher in the sky. Don't just give comments like "looks like stars", PROVE that these are stars!" LOL

FYI: I am not a debunker, but it is highly probable that these are just Chinese lanterns.

What I'm saying though is instead of allowing this thread to be inundated with unsupported claims that these are chinese lanterns, how about one of these extremely determined debunkers goes out and gets real evidence that lanterns were indeed released that day. Surely if that many lanterns were going to be released, it was to mark some kind of event or person and there is more than likely some mention of it in a local newspaper or on a local news site. If that proof can't be provided however, then these simply can't be written off as chinese lanterns and MUST remain unidentified flying objects until proven otherwise.

Too often do videos like this get written off as chinese lanterns with no real proof that they are so.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

They are moving slowly up (from the heat from the candle), but are otherwise all drifting in the same direction with the wind.

While I agree with you that Chinese lanterns move in such a manner, isn't this how you would envision an advanced aircraft hovering over a city to move?

For the people that say these are Chinese lanterns, please PROVE this. Show us real evidence that lanterns were released. If you can not do so then this sighting must remain unidentified flying objects, rather than drowning the thread in posts like "chinese lanterns, no doubt.". That doesn't cut it debunkers!

You could say exactly the same thing about any random grouping of stars, especially since it is much more likely that an advanced spaceship would be hovering much higher in the sky. Don't just give comments like "looks like stars", PROVE that these are stars!" LOL

FYI: I am not a debunker, but it is highly probable that these are just Chinese lanterns.

What I'm saying though is instead of allowing this thread to be inundated with unsupported claims that these are chinese lanterns, how about one of these extremely determined debunkers goes out and gets real evidence that lanterns were indeed released that day. Surely if that many lanterns were going to be released, it was to mark some kind of event or person and there is more than likely some mention of it in a local newspaper or on a local news site. If that proof can't be provided however, then these simply can't be written off as chinese lanterns and MUST remain unidentified flying objects until proven otherwise.

Too often do videos like this get written off as chinese lanterns with no real proof that they are so.

Why don't you go out an "prove" they are lanterns?

Seriously, there is nothing whatsoever in the video to suggest they are anything else but totally ordinary Chinese lanterns. What do you think we are going to do? Start knocking on doors in Surrey asking if anyone let off Chinese Lanterns on May 19th?

I agree with you that no one has "proven" these are Chinese lanterns, but why would I spend even a minute investigating something which is very easily explainable as a common Chinese lantern? LOL

I will keep my eye out for any mention in the local papers or other media, but so far, no one else has even mentioned them.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Why don't you go out an "prove" they are lanterns?

Seriously, there is nothing whatsoever in the video to suggest they are anything else but totally ordinary Chinese lanterns. What do you think we are going to do? Start knocking on doors in Surrey asking if anyone let off Chinese Lanterns on May 19th?

I agree with you that no one has "proven" these are Chinese lanterns, but why would I spend even a minute investigating something which is very easily explainable as a common Chinese lantern? LOL

I will keep my eye out for any mention in the local papers or other media, but so far, no one else has even mentioned them.

Why should anybody spend a second believing you that they are chinese lanterns. This is a two sided thing. I can't prove that they are space ships, and you cant prove that they are lanterns. All I'm trying to say is don't let this fall into the category of "definitely lanterns" when nobody can prove them to be so.

Don't get bent out of shape because I point out a loophole in a debunkers logic. They must remain UFOs until proven otherwise. I'm not saying they're alien spacecraft, I'm just saying nobody can prove them to be lanterns.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
at first glance I thought maybe they were lanterns but some of them move too fast for a lantern in my opinion. One also move from the opposite direction.

Anyway, definatly not swamp gas or a weather balloon

We could be looking at the real deal but one will never know, not untill disclosure IF it ever comes, not that I need it though.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join