It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of Subatomic Consciousness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think Consciousness creates reality and this Consciousness can be found on a subatomic and classical level.

Theory of Subatomic Consciousness

Abstract: I know Scientist like Stephen Hawking and David Deutsch know everything but I feel things like Philosophy and Metaphysics are very important in this day and age and questions about life and consciousness still need to be asked. In this paper I will ask and try to answer the questions what is consciousness and what is life? I propose that consciousness starts on a subatomic level and what we label "particles" are the seeds of consciousness and self consciousness evolves overtime as we go from subatomic to classical. I will also show the striking similarities between consciousness and waves packets of probabilty.

When it comes to the philosophy that governs much of science today, it's called Determinsm which is born from what I call a Materialist religion. Determinism in the context of science means that we're biological machines and every aspect of our lives can be Determined by the Laws of Physics. Einstein thought the Laws of Physics would allow him to "read the mind of God." Stephen Hawking knows there isn't any life after death and we're just the sum of our materialistic parts. Hawking said in his book "The Grand Design" that Philosophy is dead and what was considered the realm of Philosophy is now the domain of science. (1) I don't agree with this notion. What Hawking and others are doing is turning Determinism into another ism like Catholicism or Judaism. Science can't answer the question as to why because the why is left up to the interpretation of the Observer. This is because the universe is governed by probability and this disturbed Einstein and he asked the famous question "God does not play dice" (2) Let me give you an example:

When a Police Officer arrives at the scene of an accident he has to use a higher faculty called reason in order to arrive at an interpretation of the evidence. So he may take statements from 5 eyewitnesses of the accident but he will get 5 different interpretations as to what occurred and how it occurred. His job is to go over the statements and the scene of the accident and then use reason to reach a conclusion as to what most likely occurred. In our Court systems we use this same reason to come to a conclusion of guilty or not guilty based on reasonable doubt.

We also use this reason in science and this is especially important when it comes to things like Philosophy and Metaphysics. In science you will have different theories and different interpretations of scientific discoveries. Let's look at Hawking Radiation. This is still a theory so there's different interpretations about what Hawking Radiation means in the context of physics and some say Hawking Radiation doesn't exist and Hawking is wrong but Hawking will say science has all the answers when science hasn't even come to agreement about Hawking Radiation or even if it exists. What about Quantum Loop Gravity? What about Many Worlds Interpretation? What about M-Theory or the Holographic Universe? There's questions on top of questions when it comes to science yet Stephen Hawking says with conviction that science has the answers so Philosophy is dead.

The job of Philosophy and Metaphysics is to look at these scientific theories and discoveries and apply reason as to how these things relate to questions like what is life or what is consciousness. So the Philosopher is no different than the Police Officer or the Jury member. What Hawking and others want to do is remove reason from science and replace it with Determinism and this is faulty logic in it's purest form. Reason is one of the things that make us human. Now lets look at how Quantum Mechanics points to a Conscious Universe.

First off, Quantum Mechanics and things like Particle Physics start off with a faulty premise called Wave/Particle duality. There's no such thing as a particle. Scienctist will say that the wave packet can behave like a particle but the Uncertainty Principle tells us that it isn't a particle. The Uncertainty Principle says the more you know the position of the "particle" the more you will be uncertain about it's position and vice versa. Does this sound like a particle to you? You can't pin down the position because this "particle" is in constant motion. This tells you it's not a particle but a wave at all times. Let me give you an example to illustrate my point.

Let's look at Ocean waves. At certain points Ocean waves become stronger while other parts of the waves are weaker. If you were to measure a strong point of the Ocean waves you wouldn't call these strong points particles because they are still be waves at these stronger points. This is the same with these wave packets of probability. When a measurement occurs, it's just the wave packet becomes stronger and concentrated at the point of measurement based on how you measure it not that the wave has magically turned into a particle. Again, there's no such thing as a particle and Planck's Constant also tells us this because at Planck's Constant, space, time and the laws of physics break down.

First let's talk about the Observer and the Copenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics. The Copenhagen Interpretation tells us the Observer causes the wave function to collapse. Many Physicist hated this because the Observer is hard to define and the Observer was to metaphysical. So scientist have been trying to kill the Observer for years. The Copenhagen Interpretation tells us the Observer causes the wave packet of Probabilities to "collapse" to one point or one measurement. The way materialist in science get around this is the Many Worlds Interpretation. MWI just replaces an unknown God with unknown universes. Physicist will tell you we can't detect these universes and we may never be able to detect them but they exist. This sounds a lot like the faith that some of them ridicule. Let's talk about why they like MWI and why it's silly and then we'll discuss the Observer collapsing the wave function.

Many Physicist love MWI but it's a pipe dream. Basically we're biological machines and we don't make any decisions. Everything we do including are choices is determined by the laws of physics in these parallel universes. So in order to avoid the Observer they say there has to be a physical universe for everything that doesn't happen in our universe. So nobody is making a choice, these universes are making the choices for us. Just think of how silly this sounds. Let's look at an example.

Let's say I get up in the morning, turn on the TV and watch Family Feud. First I didn't make the choice to wake up at that time. I got up because another version of me in a parallel universe woke up at a different time. Now I can go on for days about how many different universes it would take for me just to turn on Family Feud so we will just stick with the show as an example.

There has to be a universe where I watched the show for 5 minutes then I turn it off.

There has to be another universe where I watched the show for 10 minutes then I turned it off.

There has to be a universe where I watched for 15 minutes and then I went to get something to eat.

There has to be a universe where I watched for 15 minutes but I didn't go and get something to eat.

Think about all the foods in the refrigerator that will each have to have there seperate universe because I'm not making the choice to grab an apple the universe is making that choice. It get's very silly. For every cable channel there has to be a universe. Many Physicist will accept something like this in order to get away from the Observer because as soon as we make a choice without the help of a bunch of parallel universes then they have to ask questions about consciousness and what's the Observer. Even when they can't answer questions or things can't be explained via their materialist interpretation, they have faith that their materialism is the answer.

How does the Observer cause the wave function to collapse? The answer is Consciousness. Let me give you an example of Classical wave function collapse.

Let's say I'm dating two females, Stacey and Anne. They find out about each other and now I have a probability wave of 3 choices. First, I can pick Stacey. Secondly, I can pick Anne and third I can say neither and leave them both. When I pick Stacey the probability wave will collapse on that choice and a reality where I'm dating Stacey is measured and observed. This same thing occurs on on a subatomic level. Via an exchange of information what we call a subatomic particle collapses to one probable state. So consciousness creates reality on a subatomic level and a classical level. At places like the LHC and Fermi Lab we're having an exchange of information and we're finding out how the subatomic realm constructed reality. On a subatomic level they create universes and on a classical level we create cities and civilization. We're all apart of the same consciousness. This Consciousness creates reality by giving meaning to information in a high state of entropy. Here's an example:

Let's say you have a rock and a stick. You tell a friend if the stick is sideways and the rock is below it in the driveway, I'm home so come to the door. If the stick is straight up and down and the rock is on the right side of the stick, then I'm not home so come back later. The Mind has created information. It has taken items in a higher state of entropy and reduced them to a lower state of entropy to convey a message. This is how civilizations and cities are built. We build these things via an information exchange and reason. The Consciousness of the universe does the same thing on a subatomic level. So on a subatomic level, what we call subatomic particles builds a universe and on a classicial level we use this same information exchange and reason to build civilization, tribes, cities and more.

Consciousness creates reality. The Computer was a conscious idea before it was constructed. The TV was a conscious idea before it was constructed. If I sit here and I have the concious idea to walk across the street to the store and grab a bag of chips, that measured event will have occurred because consciousness caused the event to be measured and observed.

When you look at things like non locality, it can be tied to things like memory, twin telepathy, ESP, remote viewing and more. When what we call subatomic particles become entangled, they remember the position of their entangled pair. The memory on a subatomic level is more vivid and pure than the memory on a classical level because of decoherence. So our memories are not as vivid and fuzzy but it's just non locality on a classical level. Things like Psi are also an extension of non locality.

I think all that exist is Consciousness and massless light. Consciousness creates reality from this sea of light. Consciousness gives this massless light meaning via information exchainge the same way we can turn a tree into a log cabin and make it a home. The information to turn trees into a log cabin is not found in the tree but with Consciousness which is the human mind. Just like the information of an electron or proton is not found in the electron or proton but Consciousness gives it meaning via information exchange.

Humans are this same subatomic consciousness on a classical level and in a state of decoherence.

Conclusion: The universe is a construct of Consciousness which manifests itself on a subatomic level as well as a classical level.

1. peoplesworld.org...

2. www.brainyquote.com...

edit on 20-5-2011 by Matrix Rising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Excellent paper,SnF. These topics are so more easily understood when they're written in such a manner as this. This will get a bunch of us thinking...
edit on 5/20/2011 by visualmiscreant because: grammar

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Reminds me of a kundalini awakening, that is, when your consciousness connects with that of the entire cosmos (God). Seems to lend credence to that. The unperceivable higher realms are full of consciousnesses floating about in the invisible, we simply can't see it until we join it, or perhaps one day build the technology that can.
edit on 20/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Agreed. I can't wait till this goes mainstream and is accepted worldwide by everyone. Then we might know peace and understand how all is one. If we understand all is one, that means I am you and you are me and we are that and we will not do any harm to one another because that would be the same as harming ourselves.

Great well thought out post. S'ed&F'ed
edit on 20-5-2011 by smithjustinb because: 2nd paragraph

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses. Hopefully people will began to move from a materialist point of view that's enslaved to the illusion of separation and move to a view of idealism. This way we realize that the homeless man and the hungry child share the same Spirit of Consciousness and we're all One then maybe there would be more compassion for others.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

remember also that consciousness brought light
into existence. On the classical level, this is akin to imagining
the log cabin before manifesting it.

I believe you know more than hawking. :d

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I find it feasible. Good way of explaining it though.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Do you think it feasible the brain/body is an interface program for the mind to experience itself through laws of physics?

I agree with you on particle wave duality.

Is consciousness, at its most fundamental level, creativity, or imagination without bounds?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

The duality of us being one untill we can become creators.

I don't think we are all one as most would state it.

We may be a part of a greater whole inside duality. Outside of duality is a whole concept unto itself. I think of this process of duality and a birthing process. One in which are to become creatoresque and move into our own worlds of creativity. We are a part of this spirit here on earth. When we move past the spirit into a more creative force we become our own worlds.

Yes, we become our own worlds. A lot of philosophers call this heaven, or shambala or whatever.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Good responses and I think mistakes are also made by the way materialist try to frame the debate. For instance, look at the double slit experiment. Materialist will say the "electron" behaves like a particle or a wave. This gives the impression that the electron is some objective piece of matter.

The truth is a wave of probabilities behave like a "particle" when observed and that's being kind. It should actually be a wave of probabilities behave like smaller more concentrated wave when observed. You can't pin down an electron. What we call subatomic particles are always in motion. So calling it a particle implies that it has some objective existence.

Let's say you have a Lotto Universe. In this Lotto Universe you hit the six digit number. This doesn't mean the six digit number has an objective existence in the Lotto Universe so you can play that number everyday and win. You're still subject to probability. The six digit number in the Lotto Universe is just like the electron in our universe. It doesn't have an objective existence in our universe. It just appears when superposition is disturbed by an Observer and a measurement occurs. The Observer can be what we label a subatomic particle or a human being. This is why I say Consciousness starts on a subatomic level.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Excellent paper! S & F.

I have a serious question for you. What then, if you were empowered to do so, would you call "Physics", if, and I do agree 100% with your viewpoint, your assertions are correct? The name 'Physics' doesn't do your brilliant POV justice, IMO.

Thank you for sharing and I continue to feed this topic more thought.

Toni

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

S&F! A killer theory: I am still digesting it, and that is a good sign!

Seriously, this calls for a sequel. I am taking this to explain the whole
"the Secret" philosophy!

SeraphNB

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thanks for your response.

I think you're right about the word physics but that word is part of our lexicon and would be very hard to change. I think the better move would change our view of the universe from materialism to idealism.

So now we would have a physics based on idealism. This would acknowledge that what people call the physical world is just a product of consciousness.

reply to post by seraphnb

Thanks and I'm thinking about adding more and doing a part 2.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't think you'll ever know how much this thread means to those of us light-seekers.

And to think some people need the Bible to explain the universe. No, it's all right here.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The greatest failure of the Philosophy of Materialism interestingly enough, in relation to examining and addressing the issue of consciousness. Materialism offers that there is no real difference between animals and humans, suggesting that, just as animals can be trained so can humans.

Such then are the works of Operant Conditioning, Skinner as well as Pavlov and his Dog. The problem became apparent when these theories were applied to the care of Psychiatric Patients through out the world. In reality these models predominated in the 50's and early 60's.

Today these conclusions have been effectively forgotten in respect to modern psychiatry. Hawkins is wrong it is materialism and /or scientism that has fallen. You see, if they were correct these models would have been successful if we, in fact were guided as living beings by those principles. Meaning, they cannot explain consciousness at all, in the 21st Century. ;puz;

They would need to come up with something else that can be explained with Biology as we understand it (as in the course one would take in school). Few if any modern Psychologist or Psychiatrist work with these models today. There was a private facility a few years back that engaged in these practices, related to positive reinforcements. Though today they are probably, just about done, resolving all of the lawsuits related to patients being mistreated.

The idea that science can answer all our questions would be equivalent to science, to test for populations. An example being aspirin, used through the earth to treat headaches works. To suggests that science can answer the question of what is Reality today? Means that scientist have been able to test there conclusions through out reality so as to prove them correct.

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
damn skipy. This thread rocks. You rock.

well done.....

S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Evidence of a multiverse is right in front of our eyes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I enjoyed the read but it's been said before.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
Evidence of a multiverse is right in front of our eyes.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I enjoyed the read but it's been said before.

sorry but lol,,,, look at the date the OP was created

and yes the read was epicly brilliant!! OP you should send this essay to stephan hawking!!
edit on 10-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

To be conscious is to be aware. To be aware is to have knowledge.to have knowledge is to have intellect. intellect is the ablity to reason. As far as im aware material things including subatomic stuctures do not possess consciousness.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

To be conscious is to be aware. To be aware is to have knowledge.to have knowledge is to have intellect. intellect is the ablity to reason. As far as im aware material things including subatomic stuctures do not possess consciousness.

Actually a way to define consciousness is that it engages in non random behavior. Virtual quarks, by however way one wishes to define them also engage in non random behavior.

<<   2 >>

join