It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous planning "Operation Rapture"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd78117bc7db.png[/atsimg]

After laughing so hard I almost cried, the reality of this started to sink in.

It has been repeated by Harold Camping over and over again that "the wages of sin is death." Even if only a small portion of people go along with this stupid idea, there are going to be those (namely Camping's followers) who will be hyper-sensitive on this day and will not be listening to logic. They might believe that they were not apart of the Rapture and kill themselves thinking it's better to be dead than go through the End Times.

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill here, or is this prank going to go too far?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think it's sick, truth be told.

There were people on ATS last night in the jokes and pranks forum talking about doing the very same thing, and wanting it to be splashed across the front page so more people would jump on board.

I think it's a terrible thing to prey on people that are religiously vulnerable.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
They might believe that they were not apart of the Rapture and kill themselves thinking it's better to be dead than go through the End Times.

Natural selection at it's best.

The truth is that we all have free will. These pranksters would not be forcing anyone to commit suicide and aren't even suggesting it.

Any adult who still believes in fairy tales, and wants to commit suicide based on those fairy tales, gets no sympathy from me.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I am sorry to say it, but if they kill themselves it will just be natural selection doing its job again, which might even be for the best if they are really so delusional that they would commit suicide over nothing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Actually, if enough people did it, it would be kind of funny.

Although i kind of feel bad for old Mr. Camping, i've been watching him the past week, he really 100% believes this is going to happen. Only reason is, he's really old, look at him, i mean come on, you have to have a little pity on the guy. He is in his own little universe at the moment and i think when nothing happens after the 21, it's all going to come crashing down on him. Poor old guy probably wont survive the stress of it. There are people out there who are going to want revenge on him, some quit there jobs and such.

So yeah, it would be kind of funny. But i still feel bad for the old geyser. I hope he at least comes out and admits he should stop setting dates and such, but i have a feeling he might just rapture himself if nothing happens.

EDIT: oh yeah and there's still another 24 hours or so to go so, the joke could be on us. Watch for massive earthquakes starting tonight, apparently that's how its going to go down.
edit on 19-5-2011 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yes, see the UFO add may be just a cop out to what they are really planning! Oh... poor followers, who are advocating the rapture, I hope they stay away from the punch. Not sure what they plan to do when they gather, but it seems very sketchy.
edit on 20-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zillah

Ok, so its 'sick' to prey on the religiously vulnerable you say???

Haven't we seen all those late night commercials "Christian Children's Fund" and the like.... these starving children need your help.... but guess what... they have to convert to Christianity first so the doctrine of spreading Christianity to the four corners of the earth so the Messiah will come back and whatever....

that my friend is what is truly sick. preying on the actually weak... weak from hunger...

I feel no pity for Christians and their silly beliefs.... (no worries I'm equal opportunity - if this was a Muslim idea, Hindu, Shinto, Jewish, Buddha, etc. I would say the same)

I do however feel really bad for the family members who will survive the nuts that commit suicide either because they think they weren't raptured, or because they will see that their entire belief system is flawed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Those who mentioned natural selection/darwanism = correct..

while on one hand, you have dorks on the internet, basically doing what they do best.. trolling.. the even bigger dorks who think that this guy who (wrongly) predicted multiple other days to be the rapture day..

I guess it will, at minimum, be a good way to find out if "anon" lives near you

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
uh, funny that the video is removed, wonder why his staff are removing them. is this an effort to drop off the map when he's proven wrong.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I prefer the cult followings where they all kill themselves at the end. At least then they are thinning out the weaker members of our species.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If they killed themselves, would that constitute the 'End Of Days' for them?

May 22'nd shall be amusing

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
If they killed themselves, would that constitute the 'End Of Days' for them?

May 22'nd shall be amusing

According to the believers we are all getting judged. They can judge my drinking skills because it's a long weekend in Canada and I'm going to be absolutely hammered.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I guess every generation has one

"Where Were You When Kennedy Was Assassinated..Err.. Shot"

Where Were You When The Rapture Happened"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. People need to understand the depth of Camping's belief. He has been doing this for well over 50 years now. He has been studying the Bible, preaching on the radio, and doing more studying than most anybody. If this comes and goes without a whisper, I really don't think Camping will have much longer to live. "The wages of sin is death", and if this Rapture does not occur, this will be a massive sin in his mind. All those years of praying and speaking will be completely ruined. All those thousands upon thousands of callers and little children looking up to him will weigh upon him to the point where he might just kill himself with his own stress. On top of that, he'll be receiving countless angry calls on the 22nd and nonstop death threats to him and his staff.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

good idea, i'm gonna make one that says "where were you when the world ended?"

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Anon are so boring and predictable nowdays and are trying too hard to gain credit but failing miserably imo. They cant even be original, someone needs to teach them a lesson and sooner rather than later. The harm they are going to potentially cause the UFO community for lulz is unforgivable, at least we here on ATS have been warned of there intentions so the most serious people are prepared for the hoax. I wish i had super hacker skillz!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatsreal

Originally posted by Whatsreal
Haven't we seen all those late night commercials "Christian Children's Fund" and the like.... these starving children need your help.... but guess what... they have to convert to Christianity first so the doctrine of spreading Christianity to the four corners of the earth so the Messiah will come back and whatever....

that my friend is what is truly sick. preying on the actually weak... weak from hunger...

Not all Christians are like this. Not all of them have ulterior motives for helping those in need.

Anon is also planning a UFO sighting hoax. I feel the same way about that for the very same reason. Just because someone has a different set of beliefs than someone else is no reason for persecution or humiliation.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm quite sure I'm not the only one who thinks this, but anyone can make a flyer or whatever and attribute it to Anonymous. Lets face it, the sub-boards of 4chan, including /b, are not the group Anonymous' lair. Anyone can claim to do something in the name of Anonymous, but this doesn't benefit anyone, and it's rare that anything actually happens any more with the Anon stamp of approval, 'just for the lulz'. Most of /b are just Anon wannabes.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
The world would be a better place without a bunch of mystics. They are the reason for more deaths and wars than anything, I dont care how they go, just go!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I have no faith in this new prediction because it is well known that no man knows when the end will happen.
With that being said, It is not nice to mock people...remember the flood? or was the flood a fairy tale also?

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked:
for whatsoever a man soweth,
that shall he also reap..."

Here are some men and women who mocked God :

1. John Lennon (Singer):
Some years before, during an interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple. Today we are
more famous than Him" (1966).
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
2. Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------
3. Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
During A show in Canecio (Rio de Janeiro), while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.
4. The man who built the Titanic:
After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
5. Marilyn Monroe (Actress):
She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus". A week later, she was found dead in her apartment .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------
6. Bon Scott (Singer):
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell".
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.
7. Campinas (IN 2005)
In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend.
The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You." She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause
Inside Here....It's Already Full "
Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.
The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken.
8. Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer) said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written. In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

just sayin' .......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join