It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Protests this morning (3-27-2003)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I stopped by the protests this morning and took some pictures.

Have a look:

www.macronyc.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Here's some additional fun with the topic:

[Edited on 27-3-2003 by William]

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
that they were able to recycle some of those "No Blood for Oil" signs from the first Gulf War... It's good to see that protesters are environmentally aware too, even if the sign's message has no bearing on the current conflict... Way to go protesters! [sarcasm off]

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your pics William. I dont know law that well, but isn't it illegal to lay down in the middle of the street and block traffic? If so, I hope they are arresting these people. I am all for free speech and right to protest but these people appear to be causing quite a disturbance and some breaking the law. I noticed one of William's pics said that a guy had just punched a cop, aren't these people protesting to promote peace? Could they be any less peaceful?

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yes, good pics William.

On one of your pics, I've read " time to mop up ".

I don't understand. What does it mean " time to mop up " ?

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
"clean up the streets"

mop - cleaning device for floors

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Those are great pictures you took William. Theybring 2 things to mind 1) Those protests must be wonderful for the businesses that are being blocked off and 2) Dont any of those people need to be at work?

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
the guy with the rainbow looking hat, holding something in pic 18 kind of reminded me of Christopher Walken, was he there? and to answer the question of don't these people have to go to work? answer: these guys probably are at work, what time does the welfare office open?

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
"clean up the streets"

mop - cleaning device for floors

he he he...understood. Then, I agree with your term " time to mop up ". You found the good words.

top topics

join