It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Actually the "source" article doesn't mention what specific cancer the researchers are targeting:

Glioblastoma

Not to detract from your post, as I can see it's well intended, but the "source" material isn't really the source. You might try the actual University of Alberta website:

www.dca.med.ualberta.ca...

What bothers me, however, OP is that the "source" used tries too hard to water down and provide an understanding of a very complex form of communication called signal transduction, amongst other things. Lots of pseudo-science in the source.

Let's see, replies: What is "Vitamin" B-17. Doesn't exist, unless you mean Amygdalin/laetrile, which has shown to harm patients in every legitimate study (and I'm giving credence only to those not sponsored by Big Pharma, and those from overseas). In fact every published study (and it's important when researching that you look for published studies) tumor sizes actually increased in 99% of test subjects in every study since 1953.

Other replies: Blaming Big Pharma for lack of research/keeping people ignorant. Actually I could see that, except that being published and having ones findings evaluated, reproduced, and confirmed falls outside of anything Big Pharma can stop, especially overseas. The largest problem with research in the 21st century is that the individual researchers have fallen into the habit of taking out patents on anything "new" they discover. Any new cell type- patent it. Any new bacteria- patent it. Notice something new in in cellular communication- patent it the process (hard to believe, but this is done, akin to claiming patent rights to how one would make coffee in the morning). The result is that research as the lay-public likes to imagine happens a la Jonas Salk simply doesn't occur any longer. Imagine if polio had an exorbitant price on it such that Dr. Salk had to pay to research it? In turn he would have to recoup his costs by charging for the polio vaccine. So it's not *just* Big Pharma- it's the name of the game with any Tom, Dick, Harry researcher these days: they group together, form a company, patent some things, then charge others to conduct research. It holds up the process and we all suffer.

As a medical student I blame other doctors, especially those pursuing research. Most are not interested in helping humanity, but in lining their pockets. And if you want to get to the root of it all, then you must blame our society for enabling and encouraging this behavior- not just in these students, but in all of us.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All i have to say is i smoke cigerettes, and when i get cancer, If this cure isnt well know and cheap, I will walk in my hospital with a shotgun and kill every doctor i see. And im not being overdramatic. This has to be done. These #s sell us #in poison thats been genetically altered to be far more addictive than regular tobbaco, as well as fill it with cancer causing chemicals. If i could quit i would, if they made selling this poison illegal, it would be easy, but no, they cause cancer, not cigerettes. Kill em all let god sort em out. Humanity makes me sick.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaplan

Thank you for continuing to add valuable information to the discussion.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaplan

I'm not really sure which is your intellectual property and which belongs an external source....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Good Point. I often think of the economy and how many people would lose their jobs flooding the market with more unemployment. Not just the pharmaceutical industry,but cancer research is a big business in itself and if that were suddenly to stop our economy will suffer accordingly.Its a scary thought but its only a matter of time before the proverbial # hits the fan so to speak-----
reply to post by chardonnay

People can get unemployed, if no one goes to hospital to cure cancer paying their fortune. People in the oil industry can get unemployed if free energy device goes wild. The government can not get any gasoline tax from people so can not run the government if the free energy device becomes widely used. So people have to be sick and the cancer therapy should cost fortune so that other people in the medical field can make living and live in the mansions. They have to continuously drive gasoline powered vehicles to make the government to run.

What a sick society is that?

This whole profit driven machinery is the monster that really needs to be killed. How to kill it? What will be the Achilles’ heel of this monster?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seraphnb

Hello, don't just rely on drugs. Asparagus- cooked or raw does not matter. What matters is that it has to be pureed. have cancer now- take 8 tablespoons a day.. 4 in the am and 4pm. More can't hurt if you like the stuff. (yuck) Prevent - take 2 tablespoons in the am. Also herbal--gotu cola. 8 tabs a day when fighting cancer then go to 4 a day when better.
The cure for cancer has been around for many many years. As someone said earlier it is very true that "they" want you sick. It is a great money maker, helps with keeping human numbers down, if your fighting "something then you don't have the energy to rebel against a power that your supposed to fear, but should fear you.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It kills Cancer cells only by negating the trick that cancer cells use to stay alive and proliferate that normal cells do not use.

Normal cells die by lack of energy but Cancerous cells fuel themselves by another means allowing them to overwhelm the healthy cells, AND worse yet proliferate more cancerous cells and formation of tumors.

This simple solution reverts the cancerous cells back to normal behaviour in a sense allowing themselves to self destruct as a normal non cancerous cell would.

As always, Nice Camaro 68SS

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It's simple. It's all part of the game.

Pharmacuetical companies make their money by LONGTERM TREATMENT of medical conditions, and diseases and their symptoms, not by curing people.

You think they actually care about YOU?

They only care about profits and keeping shareholders happy.

Like anything else in business and government ....... follow the money.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have 20 grams in my freezer of DCA & Thiamine for my dad, but the thing is i know damn well he is barely using it, always on them damn pharmaceutical pills, I just think its too late for him. I even have the tip guide printed out, no sugar so he cant really eat anything white. So I'm not sure that will help, I think you need more dca and to do it over a period of time, weeks and months, he has no patience. I won't spend any more money on it if he doesn't use it
edit on 14-5-2011 by jyze420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

you again! its interesting everytime i turn round either you or your pal are rubbishing, bad mouthing or trying to derail valid threads. you sir are undeniably a shill and a troll it also seems you know everything about everything. well inlighten us please......or if you cant add anything positive do one!
back to topic there are a few cures for cancer around (check the net) that are swept under the rug by big pharma and other goverment bum lickers. good thread s&f. here is another cure.

rubbish this one troll

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nothing new about this. DCA has been touted as a cancer cure for years and years.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

You don't just jump to human clinical trials. That's not how it works. You have to actually bother with going through the proper scientific scrutiny...which is actually happening. Nobody is hiding this and it's actually all over the media if you look in the appropriate places.

Of course, calling it a cure for cancer is the sort of thing that's beyond ignorant because there is no definitive proof. I hate how some people say that something which is unproven is a cure for anything, it's just the sort of ignorance that gives the conspiracy community a bad name.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Unproven? Really?

If a person is testifying that he/she is free from the cancer after the prescribed treatment and the X-ray shows nothing and as such, it should be considred "clinically" cured.

You may mean the general and universal effectiveness. The person in the treatment just happened to be lucky, I guess that's what you mean.. But what orthodox treatment is so universal? None.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. If im not mistaken, isn't this the similar plot to how resident evil started, they found a cure for cancer and so they injected everyone with it and it killed the cancer but also mutated them into zombies?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
All i have to say is i smoke cigerettes, and when i get cancer, If this cure isnt well know and cheap, I will walk in my hospital with a shotgun and kill every doctor i see. And im not being overdramatic. This has to be done. These #s sell us #in poison thats been genetically altered to be far more addictive than regular tobbaco, as well as fill it with cancer causing chemicals. If i could quit i would, if they made selling this poison illegal, it would be easy, but no, they cause cancer, not cigerettes. Kill em all let god sort em out. Humanity makes me sick.

I believe you are being overly dramatic. I'm surprised given the reputation of this site that this sort of trolling is allowed.

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
reply to post by Kaplan

I'm not really sure which is your intellectual property and which belongs an external source....

I linked the source for the OP's findings. Everything else is either A) Fact (Such as B-17, which does not exist), B) Fact based upon my education (Such as studies conducted showing that laetrile does far more harm, and really no good. I no longer have that textbook, I suspect that some subsidiary of Pearson prints it), or C) my slightly-informed opinion (slightly-informed as I'm coming from the 'inside', and I'm not a doctor yet).

Originally posted by notsoperfect
This whole profit driven machinery is the monster that really needs to be killed. How to kill it? What will be the Achilles’ heel of this monster?

For all of us to practice what we preach. I'm an older student, unlike my peers whom are 10-15 years younger. At this point my desire to practice medicine is not for profit: I doubt I'll ever make enough to pay off my loans completely. Having seen a great need for health care for the poor, those that slip through the cracks as I myself did when I was young (for which there are no government programs, state or Federal, to assist), I decided to devote what time and energy I have left toward that end. My only hopes are that I live long enough to do some real good, and that there are others out there of the same mind. All of my peers, bar none, are racing through their educations in the hopes of making a lot of money quickly (keeping in mind that M.D.'s don't make much right out of med school), then possibly specializing to make even more money.

We made this, we all know we did, and we have no one else to blame but ourselves. All we can do is practice what we believe and hope others do the same.

Originally posted by nh_ee
reply to post by camaro68ss

It kills Cancer cells only by negating the trick that cancer cells use to stay alive and proliferate that normal cells do not use.

Normal cells die by lack of energy but Cancerous cells fuel themselves by another means allowing them to overwhelm the healthy cells, AND worse yet proliferate more cancerous cells and formation of tumors.

This simple solution reverts the cancerous cells back to normal behaviour in a sense allowing themselves to self destruct as a normal non cancerous cell would.

The short version (trying to avoid stepping in pseudo-science here) is that the particular cells as referenced by the OP's source are neuroglial cells, particularly astrocytes (as would be my partial understanding, having given a cursory glance at the material from the source, and awaiting publication. Also noting that I have no intention of entering into neural medicine), are utilizing the energy source for neural tissue themselves, thus starving the underlying tissue. The particular interaction mentioned in the article touches on blocking the mitochondria of the cells in question, and since mitochondria produce the energy for a cell, by blocking them they've found you can starve the cancerous glial cells.

But there is nothing about a trick used to stay alive, as you say. It has to do with, in this case, location of the cancer (and the subsequent poor immune response accordingly).

At this point understanding mitosis and it really helps to understand how biochemical switches and signal transduction works, and how neural physiology varies from the rest of the body. That's more lecture than I have in me today.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
conspiracy everywhere? yes big pharma makes lots of money .. and are always on the look out to make more money .. they are a buisness with staff to pay.....

People will always get cancer as long as these chemicals are in everything from toothpaste to food...

This is a cure not an immunisation..... people would always get it and they could keep churning oth the cure and making money..

Besides all that ..... There is ALWAYS another disease.. ALWAYS .. just look at history

It would be in there interest to use this treatment if it worked make tons of money and still design new treatments for the future diseases you and i have not even heard of yet.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tankbuster

Side effects
Reports in the lay press after the 2007 University of Alberta announcement claim that dichloroacetate "has actually been used safely in humans for decades",[38] DCA is generally well-tolerated, even in children.[39] Short-term, infused, bolus doses of DCA at 50 mg/kg/day have been well-tolerated.[40] However, at sustained, higher doses(generally 25 mg/kg/day taken orally, or greater), there is increased risk of several reversible toxicities, especially peripheral neuropathy, neurotoxicity, and gait disturbance.[38][41] Studies have also shown that it can be carcinogenic at high doses.[42] The Medicor Cancer Centre reports on its website that doses of 20–25 mg/kg/day on a two-week on, one week off cycle are effective in identifying side effects due to DCA, to support decisions on discontinuing treatment for safety reasons.[43]

read more here

dude chill he was just stating the truth, how's he trolling??

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have not read much of this thread but It seems too good to be true.

But if it is, I would almost EXPECT them to hide it.

I don't have any trust in the government to provide me with the best care possible, unless I have lots of money.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaplan

Ok. The way you worded it made it seem like you were quoting from the comment section of an article...that's all.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cures for AIDS and Cancer? Now I'm not saying it's not possible or untrue, but IMO if this happened, it would be a little bit more mainstream. Maybe an appearance on a local news channel or talk show by the researchers of the cure? Maybe they should write their congressman about the cure they have for these deadly illnesses.

I just find it hard to believe that this is true without some type of mainstream coverage or additional research from other universities to back up their case.

I hope its true though cause if I keep smoking, I'll need it for lung cancer

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join