It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Every little bit helps, and if this rises on the "likey" list maybe someone in the MSM will take notice. There are many cancer "cures" announced, and hopefully one of them will be the one.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Good Point. I often think of the economy and how many people would lose their jobs flooding the market with more unemployment. Not just the pharmaceutical industry,but cancer research is a big business in itself and if that were suddenly to stop our economy will suffer accordingly.Its a scary thought but its only a matter of time before the proverbial # hits the fan so to speak-----

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I really can't believe big companies like this these days. They only care about making money, and don't care how many people suffer in the process. This article should be sent to every major news company until one of them reports on it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Gret Post OP S&F

At this link :en.wikipedia.org...
you will get the full story including the attempt of a private clinic in Ontario to use DCA (Dichloroacetic) in the treatment for the Cancer Patients and their results in regards to this.

Also the article talks about the dosage and its sides effects when overdosed or taking over larger periods of time.

edit on 14-5-2011 by lisa2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A poster on page one quoted that DCA is currently in the beginning stages of clinical trials. It is worth taking note of the fact that this means it is in fact well on its way to being a marketing solution to some forms of cancer. Additionally, as was stated, the author of the original work has been quite frequently cited by other articles since his initial paper in 2008. There have even been a few articles about it published in Science, which is one of the most highly regarded scientific journals in the world.

Finally, and perhaps most detrimental to your 'government cover-up' argument, is that despite the web site you linked claiming that DCA was not patentable, the treatment itself has a patent on it. They are certainly right in stating that you can't patent DCA - that would be quite ridiculous. The use of DCA as a treatment for cancer however - well now that is perfectly patentable. I can't link the details of the patent from where I found it since I doubt anyone here will have access to the site I use. In lieu of that, here are the patent numbers and the title of the patent:

"Treatment of cancer associated with hyperpolarized mitochondria involves administration of dichloroacetate"
WO2006108276-A1; CA2604625-A1; US2009118370-A1

I agree with those here who have said that the OP is misleading. There is quite obviously no grand cover up here. You all just need to understand that media sensationalism in regards to research findings in no way implies that whatever it is that has been found is at a stage where it can be applied to clinical treatment. Things take time and this is no exception.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So cancer can be cured with a simple medicine?

I hope this ain't just a good dream (or ATS gossip).

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Please, please, please do not take this chemical for anything. If eaten it reacts with the stomach acid to produce bleach. This chemical was/is available over the internet from a scam artist claiming it will cure most things including cancer. It was mentioned in the UK a few years ago on the consumer tv programme 'Watchdog' and was brought to light by a teenager who purchased it due to the fraudulant medical claims. Testing confimed it is not a medicine and is totally unsuitable and is dangerous to take. Please do not use as a food stuff/medicine.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Well, the thing is, I had never heard of this research, and it seems a lot of other people are unaware.

They are certainly right in stating that you can't patent DCA - that would be quite ridiculous

No, it most certainly is not ridiculous to expect that a chemical compound can be patented. Anyone fancy a refreshing beverage that has proven more popular than the English language?

M'eh. I shouldn't have to dig out a load of chemical compounds that are patent-protected to prove the point. It's fairly damn obvious. Big Pharma won't have exclusive access to provision of treatment, and patents on methods are easily gotten round by re-defining the methodology. They would all be 'at it', and there would be no significant return for any initial outlay.

Anyway -

I've sent emails to the Independent and the Guardian newspaper in the UK, and also to the Office of the Prime Minister, in the hope that someone may take a bit more notice and perhaps expedite a working solution to the potential economic impact upon the pharmaceutical industries and those involved in cancer research.

I always find it ridiculous when people say that 'removing the need for research will cripple a massive sector of the economy' (or similar shallow thought-processing).

Let's be real. The more problems we solve, the more of our collective resources will be freed up to focus on expanding our knowledge base, and ultimately in boosting our position within the cosmos.

Who controls health and energy controls the world; "Knowledge is Power".

Can we leave it to the current World Order, or their demonic counterparts waiting to establish a New World Order?

I doubt it. They like to hoard the knowledge; it is difficult to get to the truth when empty forms, false gods and hypocritical ritual are mostly all that remains in the corridors of power.

Regardless, I have hope for the Human Race, and believe a Golden Age of sorts is on the horizon. We all need to BELIEVE it, before it will manifest. No doom and gloom, no matter the external circumstances!

Positive Mental Attitude!

edit on 14-5-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: adding screenshot, spelling, formatting, clarification... Yeah Baby!

edit on 14-5-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

READ THE NOTES - THAT SCAM IS MENTIONED AND WARNED OF IN THE PAPERS ON THE SITE LINKED BY THE OP.

True research is real, ongoing and suffering form ignorance brought about by deliberate obfuscation and (likely) aggressive action against the research on the part of Big Pharma. I wouldn't put it past them to have engineered the fake DCA scam, in order to cast aspersions on the validity of the research.

Be careful, and weigh it up intuitively as well as empirically...

Self-serving rich people vs. limited resource researchers? Who would you trust?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I see. I didn't realise scientists had a duty to report their findings to you for it not to be considered a government cover up. My mistake. I'll be sure to get back to you at the end of the year once I've rounded up work on my latest project. Can't have my students thinking I'm some sort of conspirator - what kind of message would that send?!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Good work friend. Please keep us advised of any feedback from the press or the Government.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

it doesn't. it only targets cells whose mitochondrial functions have shut down; cancer cells. it returns mitochondrial functionality so that the cells can turn their replication process off and stop growing out into the surrounding tissues. the cure for cancer is a common sense one, not some patentable chemical combination. and certainly not destroying the rest of your body with radiation.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This is the fundamental symptom of the profit driven society. This case is not alone. Free energy device is another. If you can't make profit out of something, it is not worth developing or making it, or even worth advertising about it, even if it cures cancer and improves human life immensely.

Another medical product that can not be patented but better than any other antibiotics is colloidal silver. No one can make money off of it. Even if it cures staph infection, snake poison, and all other incurable bacterial and viral infections.

This evil in the society should be stopped.

The medical, oil and mass media industries are all one giant extortion machinary from poor and ignorant people(sheeple).

Where should we start to break away from it?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Dr. Simoncini has cured patients with cancer or fungus as he has discovered with nothing more than simple baking soda otherwise known as sodium bicarbonate. Have a look see...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

S&F from me, and thanks for posting this.

What a sad day it is when people who have the power to cure cancer won't, because its not profitable.

For now, invest in natural sources of B-17 to fight cancer growth. B-17 destroys the outer coating of
cancer cells, and lets the body work from there!

Walnuts, apple seeds, pecans, the list is long, and yummy.

Cancer cells differ in a number of ways from normal cells. One difference in that the mitochondria, or power stations, do not use oxygen to produce energy, nor do they use the normal twenty something step process called the Krebs cycle. Rather they use only four steps and have a whole different energy production system and different set of helper chemicals (enzymes).

"B-17 is a seek and destroy missile"

In a cancer cell one of these enzymes, glucosidase, is present at 3000 times the level found in normal, healthy cells. Glucosidase has a unique action with B-17, breaking it down into hydrogen cyanide (which kills it) and benzaldehyde, (an analgesic). www.canceractive.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That news article is from 2007. In trying to find a more recent 'something' I found only:

This is the URL of the journal where it was published: www.cell.com...

That study was cited by 256 other studies afterwards, as found here: scholar.google.com...,48&sciodt=0,48&hl=en

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Cancer was cured decades ago and it was flushed and stolen like Tesla's Ideas... The Cancer Cure That Worked, Fifty Years of Suppression

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This sucks, my best friend is on round 3 of chemo and here they have been wasting something that could have cured him from the start. This makes me sick.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks for the encouragement and the added information. I'm hoping we'll find some further resources on this treatment as well as the others included in these posts.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I wounder how this drug single outs the cancer cells and kills them and not all the other cells

Of course not. Because cancer cells need quick, easily available energy, they attain it from glucose through a process called glycolysis. This allows for rapid cell division, which, subsequently, inhibits the cell's ablility to self destruct (apoptosis) if a mutation is recognized (cancer). It doesn't mean that activating energy production within the mitochondria will cause all cell apoptosis, just those with mutations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join