It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real costume superheroes are here now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok....I have no Idea where to post this so if doesn't belong here please move it to the appropriate forum.

I had to laugh a little when I came across this, but then again it was going to happen eventually.

I have to applaud their efforts and their determination. But I do worry about their safety.

Some of these guys look as though they would have a hard time fighting their Grand Mother.

[yvid]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamVapor

hahaha, pretty damn funny.
but thinking about it, they would probably do a great job fighting crime. the criminals will be so busy rolling around on the floor laughing, that it would give the police a good 20 mins to turn up and easily arrest them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
That's awesome, the one about Phoenix Jones. Lol first time i heard about it. The Young Turks are mean though.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I really hope these guys don't try anything dangerous, they will get creamed.
They look like they just walked out of comicon. I applaud thier effort, but I have to question thier methods. (as well as thier sanity)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well it's about time...

I was wondering how long it'd take the yahoos to come out after reading or seeing Kickass.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Lol wow... Real life Super heros... hell Batman is lame as F*** but at least he has Money to buy the cool gadgets and Training in kicking Butt.. What the heck do these guys have LMAO

O and Nyx was pretty hot
i would stop doing Crime for her lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here'e a another one

youtu.be...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't think some of you are getting their mission. It's for sure not to apprehend criminals,etc. It's basically anonymous public service.

So if you're willing to go give time and money for homeless people, disadvantaged youth, etc. , I support your right to wear funny clothes.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Here'e a another one youtu.be...

These guys look more like Slipknot than the Justice League.
edit on 13-5-2011 by ancientmustytext because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There's an online registry of real [super]heroes. Here's a link to some sorta cool.... mostly fail individuals.
Superhero Registry

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Haha… the first link looks like a bunge of wannabees with some pretty decent costumes… as a previous post said, looked like they were right out of comicon! Yeah, I wouldn’t be too scared of any of them…

…But the Phoenix Jones guy I wouldn’t mess with. Bullet proof armour, tazer night stick, mace… yeah, that’s the way to do it. But still is playing a dangerous game…

The Black Monday Society clip… geez, again looks more like a costume contest.

Best of luck to all of them. I can only imagine what will happen once a crocked cop gets in touch with ‘em…

Here is my Super Hero Costume:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3d3852233cb.jpg[/atsimg]
... i fight bad music!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Thanks for that Link. lol

I had to laugh at the "Arch Enemy" Bio question.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And now we have super villans too......
copy this link
can anyone embed this video here?

vimeo.com...
edit on 13-5-2011 by DreamVapor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It would seem that there have been "real-life superheros" for a while now, though they tend not to be nearly as cool as their comic book equivalents. There was an article a while ago in Rolling Stone on a "real" super hero and side kick ("Master Legend" and "Ace"), the entire article is here in .pdf format and is definitely worth a read (plenty of "real life superhero" pictures included): laweekly.blogs.com...

ALSO, if this sort of thing interests you, there is a movie that got a very small release last year called "Super." It's about a guy (Rainn Wilson, Dwight Schrute from "The Office") who decides to become a real-life superhero when his wife leaves him for a Tony Montana wannabe. Ellen Page is in it as a girl who works at a comic book store and unknowingly assists Wilson's character Frank. Now, be forewarned, the movie is not exactly as advertised. The real substance of the movie comes into play when our newly minted superhero takes being judge, jury, and executioner way too far and occasionally seems to have a semi-skewed moral compass.
For all you Ellen Page fans, her role in this movie is shocking at times and occasionally has notes of Frank Booth from "Blue Velvet." Hold tight for the scene in which she describes the moist condition of her genitalia. The movie was good and extremely realistic, HOWEVER that includes being extraordinarily gory (very graphic) on more than one occasion, so much so that after viewing I was sure that I would develop a case of PTSD. Due to this and other factors, this is probably a relatively accurate depiction of what would actually happen if/when someone in the real world without boatloads of money decides to become a vigilante.
edit on 13-5-2011 by MentalPriapism because: added wording to state that the link provided has pictures

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This is what they remind me of

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Dude this is awesome!

www.joinroach.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d32772544af9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 13-5-2011 by ancientmustytext because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeyBones
Haha… the first link looks like a bunge of wannabees with some pretty decent costumes… as a previous post said, looked like they were right out of comicon! Yeah, I wouldn’t be too scared of any of them…

…But the Phoenix Jones guy I wouldn’t mess with. Bullet proof armour, tazer night stick, mace… yeah, that’s the way to do it. But still is playing a dangerous game…

The Black Monday Society clip… geez, again looks more like a costume contest.

Best of luck to all of them. I can only imagine what will happen once a crocked cop gets in touch with ‘em…

Here is my Super Hero Costume:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f3d3852233cb.jpg[/atsimg]
... i fight bad music!

So from the costume, I guess you're...Broken Record Man?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Haha... The Greatest Hits was what I went by

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

Okay, that works too.

posted on Oct, 19 2021 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientmustytext
kickass creator heard about these people and ran with it. really people have been doing this since the 80s or 90s .

new topics

top topics

join