It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation = Symbolic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Okay....I need to clear something up...Revelation is NOT about what is happening now or in the future, it is all symbolic. People during the times of these writings were not allowed to write about the events going on. Revelation is simply about the rulers and ending of empires at the time.....If you are going to write about the Bible....plz reseach first or go to a class....

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
This is very true, revelation's numerology even possibly hints at dates corresponding to their current times, which the church being the only source of knowledge at the times, is perfectly possible.

The Bible in no way prophesied anything, some is a moral statement, and philosophy, the rest is political statements, against a nation that did not want Christians.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Plus the number 666, aka The Mark of the Beast was a number for the main evil/christian hating empire during that time....not Satan. The Beast IS NOT SATAN. They used numbers and anything else to symbolize certain empires of territories...... (But I can't dissagree that Bill Gates isn't absolutley evil and is trying to take over the world....
)

[Edited on 27-3-2003 by Tier Enrie]

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
so where did you get your information from on the number off the beast please i would like to read it.

posted on Mar, 30 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
what was the mark of the beast in those times??

join