It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd dream but insignificant information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Okay, have you ever seen that skit on Saturday Night Live, where Christopher Walken plays that part of the psychic with useless information? Thats how I feel today. I've had a series of dreams....which actually led to events in the dreams happening..but its useless info. The main one being this morning. Late in the night, around 3 or 4am..I had a dream of Steven Tyler (no I did not watch American Idol last night....we have gotten a new tv that needs a different cable line to hook to our cable box, which we have not bought yet) anyway...in my dream I was listening to a "new" Steven Tyler song...now, however, in my dream he was singing and writing a song about his daughters and it sounded really good. So, to my surprise this morning, as I am driving my child to school we listen to one of the radio morning shows each morning and this particular morning they were playing ....a new Steven Tyler song. The song is not out yet, but they were playing it and having people vote on if they liked it or not. What was more surprising was the radio host then went on with the days entertainment buzz and proceeded to state that Tyler was working on another song and this one was rumored to be for his daughters. ... now...first of all..yes I've had dreams in the past...small things...one of the daughter I would have, and then other random daily things..that could just be chalked up to routine. But why..in the world...would I dream of Steven Tyler writing a song for his daughters? and it come true?! what would be the point to that?
edit on 12-5-2011 by Nkinga because: hit enter to soon.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

What was the dream ?

Here it is, sounds interesting. Really don't know what to say about it

edit on 12-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What was the dream?

I had a dream of a little miniture monkey playing around in a miniture firefighter suit , he was so cute
xouldnt get my cell camera to work in the dream though. Darn.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Sorry guys! I had hit enter to soon....its fixed now!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Lol, thats funny, idk why, hmm.. Maybe it will be your new favorite song?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think that you should follow the release of the song, and try not to forget it. Do you actually heard the song ? The lyrics ? Well, I think this is more than a coincidence.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Do you have the radio on while sleeping? If so, turn it off. This is probably your most vulnerable state to be in.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I get that now and again, dream something and then see it the next day, but it's normally until I see it that I remember it was in my dream the night before. Maybe coincidence, maybe not, but they are always unique.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Nope...my room is dark at night..no tv's on, laptops in bed are a no no and no radio! I even asked my husband if he was playing music last night.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nkinga
Okay, have you ever seen that skit on Saturday Night Live, where Christopher Walken plays that part of the psychic with useless information? Thats how I feel today. I've had a series of dreams....which actually led to events in the dreams happening..but its useless info. The main one being this morning. Late in the night, around 3 or 4am..I had a dream of Steven Tyler (no I did not watch American Idol last night....we have gotten a new tv that needs a different cable line to hook to our cable box, which we have not bought yet) anyway...in my dream I was listening to a "new" Steven Tyler song...now, however, in my dream he was singing and writing a song about his daughters and it sounded really good. So, to my surprise this morning, as I am driving my child to school we listen to one of the radio morning shows each morning and this particular morning they were playing ....a new Steven Tyler song. The song is not out yet, but they were playing it and having people vote on if they liked it or not. What was more surprising was the radio host then went on with the days entertainment buzz and proceeded to state that Tyler was working on another song and this one was rumored to be for his daughters. ... now...first of all..yes I've had dreams in the past...small things...one of the daughter I would have, and then other random daily things..that could just be chalked up to routine. But why..in the world...would I dream of Steven Tyler writing a song for his daughters? and it come true?! what would be the point to that?
edit on 12-5-2011 by Nkinga because: hit enter to soon.

It's as J B Priestley said in his book 'Man and Time' which I read in the 90s, pre-cognitive dreams seem to be about either trivia or tragedy, which he said was a good thing, as in all his extensive research, he could come across only one instance of a tragedy predicted by a dream being prevented!
Like CS Lewis, I have never kept a dream notebook, and for the same reason as him (I am very prone to nightmares and don't want to take note of or remember them.) However I had a German friend who chatted all the time about her precog dreams (which were all about trivia) and I remember having two in the whole of the 1990s, both trivia and both very weird. One involved a supermarket trolley with a wonky wheel, which as in one of the cases Priestley mentioned, was not what it seemed! (His example involved a guy being attended by headless doctors, and the reality was that he was being attended by medics aboard a Navy ship. He was in a top bunk and lying down, he couldn't see the doctors' bodies).
The other one came partly true - unless the other part was 9/11, but I would dream about that 2 years in advance and thousands of miles away, is beyond me!)
In answer to your question, and to paraphrase Sir Bob Geldhof "the final point is/that there is no point"!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nkinga

So, I had written this a few months ago, because as I stated...I've had this sort of happen before. Dream...where nothing really significant happens, but then a few days later...it pops up. I've had strong feelings of deja vu before and I began wondering..was it possible that I had simply had a dream ...that was insignificant, only to have some form of it pop up later. I have since begun writing my dreams down. Even the ones that seem useless and have no meaning (which most of them do) Even the ones where I can attribute to a conversation or something I saw that day. I also took the time out to make a list of some dreams from the past that I could remember. As much detail as I was absolutely sure of....any other details that I only "thought" might be correct, I left out..because I know with dreams, they fade, memories can become hazy, etc. So, these are the recent two things to happen to me. Again....no vital information, nothing significant, but I definitely can't dismiss it.

A few months ago, maybe even a year? I had a dream where I was in a horse stable, I'm walking through with my husband and I'm carrying my 3 year old on my hip, we're there because my 10 year old was suppose to be there and had seemed to be there for a while. We were looking around for her. They also had a store and there was a quilt I wanted. All I'm doing in my dream, is walking through the stables, horses are being led this way and that, my daughter is over by a particular horse in riding gear talking with friends. Now, I have never ever been to a horse stable with either of my girls. My daughter does not ride, never has. So, yesterday she was at a friends house and this particular friend had horse riding lessons. The grandma was taking her and allowed my daughter to also go along, I in turn went to the stables to pick my daughter up because they were right down the road from our house. Upon getting there, she begged me to sign her up for riding lessons. The trainer explained to me that they had a deal going on because of the economy (65 dollars a month, 100 for tack and gear, it would normally be 120 dollars a month) I told her we would talk about it with her dad...but there we get to the riding ring and the stables are right next to it..and there it is...the stable from my dream..complete with the quilt I wanted on the back of my daughter's friend's horse. On top of this....another long time ago..I had a dream of walking through an office building and each office was decorated like a story tale book. I remember thinking in my dream, when I wake up I have to tell my husband about this..he is a business man and would find it pretty cool. So, what do I find today when going to all my gossips sites as I drink my coffee? The office buildings from my dream at dailymail. found here:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

again...nothing worth anything. But why? this just seems to freaking odd to me!

new topics

top topics

join