It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spain: 2 earthquakes in quick succession kill 10, injure dozens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Spain: 2 earthquakes in quick succession kill 10, injure dozens

www.washingtonpost.com

The epicenter of the quakes — with magnitudes of 4.4 and 5.2 — was close to the town of Lorca, and the second came about two hours after the first, an official with the Murcia regional government said on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-5-2011 by Dinogur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
well it wasnt the big March 11 earthquake Nostradamus said it would be, and i guess it was close to Rome but it didnt hit Rome or Italy. maybe its a warning for a future bigger earthquake. i look at cnn and its not on the top news, its sort of on the bottom, guess they dont want us to know or maybe it just is some really small earthquakes for us, but for them its the biggest recorded in the area, even a 5 is pretty big, i mean have we gotten used to thinking that damage only occurs at 7+ earthquakes?

www.washingtonpost.com
edit on 11-5-2011 by Dinogur because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
His prediction almost came true! Expect it wasn't in Rome. Still, a pretty darn good 30 year prediction!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

They were a 4.4 and a 5.2 in a rather seismically active zone. If it were a 7.0+ then maybe I would argue it should be looked into but a 4.4 and 5.2 can happy any day of the week on any continent. Plus it was hundreds of miles away from the prophesied epicenter which also just pretty much removes the possibility. So far it looks like the prophecy, like basically all others, is wrong.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur

well it wasnt the big March 11 earthquake Nostradamus said it would be, and i guess it was close to Rome but it didnt hit Rome or Italy. maybe its a warning for a future bigger earthquake. i look at cnn and its not on the top news, its sort of on the bottom, guess they dont want us to know or maybe it just is some really small earthquakes

www.washingtonpost.com

Maybe nobody gives a hoot .
It's a sad fact that unless a pretty sizeable quake hits , then nobody seems to care .
How numb we have become.

The families of those that have been lost are in my thoughts

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This earthquake was the biggest ever recorded in that area

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
www.demorgen.be...

At least ten people killed, the largest earthquake to ever have occurred in this region.

Piece of the story behind the link

It would be the most powerful earthquake ever recorded in the area that was measured

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

That article is not written in English, where did you get that quote from?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Live catch earthquake from reporter in Spain ..

www.youtube.com...
Hi was very lucky ..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpreadLoveNotHate
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

That article is not written in English, where did you get that quote from?

Th e link to the official story. Belgian MSM (use google translate)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
story snippet above link

A strong earthquake in southeast Spain at least ten people have been killed. That the Spanish Government has announced. The earth trembled the first time around 7:05 p.m. with a magnitude of 4.4 on the Richter scale. Two hours later, much heavier than the quake which the U.S. Geological Survey USGS a force of about 5.3 on the Richter scale and had a lot of damage. The epicenter was in Lorca, a town of 92,700 inhabitants in the region of Murcia. It would be the most powerful earthquake ever recorded in the area was measured. Murcia is a fault line and is considered one of Spain's most sensitive regions.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Spain's infrastructure is not prepared for this type of thing, many old building's.
It's sad that those people had to die. They probably died because of the infrastructure.
It's a sad day in Murcia. None of us here in Spain think about the gravity of earthqakes really until we see it at our own door. Were all so used to hearing it happen on the other side of the world.
More awareness is what's needed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

I do, My father is there.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

I hope your father is ok man

Have you spoken to him, did he watch it happen live and direct?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
reply to post by tpg65

I do, My father is there.

Then he is in my thoughts also

Regards

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Spain's infrastructure is ABSOLUTELY NOT prepared, i live in Chile and I can not believe a 5,2 cause all that damage, I hope no more deaths

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Yes, thanks. He is fine. Although the building infrastructure isn't as great as in average european, we are still worrying about how all the tall buildings will survive a stronger quake in the future.

Yes, he was around when it happened and felt it as well.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Thank you TPG65

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Patto

I got family all over the world and we were just speaking about and compared them two quakes.
Spain is not prepared for a quake at this and higher magnitude at all. Although historically it should.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
independent of the magnitude, the pain and the worry is always great, FUERZA ESPAÑA

top topics

<<   2 >>

join