It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to Ayn Rand's Model Government?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Towards the end of her life her chain smoking, subsequent lung cancer and her taste for amphetamines resulted in her dependence on Medicare to treat her costly lifestyle choices...look it up if you don't believe me. It's great to be a self-reliant, self serving hero of individuality and responsibility when you're young and healthy but take a look in the mirror and think about the possibility that you may be old or get injured someday and the cost of staying alive might be out of your reach. Just don't be a hypocrite about it or be unrealistic about it like she was.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Yeah, I think Ayn Rand was unrealistic. I wonder if she were alive and sound now, if she would still dig her heels in, but then I remember people like many Republicans currently, and yup, she would most likely be a Republican.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Yeah, if she developed her lung cancer after the age of 65 then yes, she'd be a present day Republican or more likely a libertarian. If she'd developed her illnesses before the age of 65 and spent through all her personal money treating it I think she might support Romney care of yesteryear (and move to Massachusetts or Hawaii where there is affordable health care or coverage for most everyone ) or secretly vote for Kucinich or someone like that...she'd be crying a river or savagely aggressive about the whole thing no doubt. Self preservation - I do think she'd persevere... Me, me, me.

<< 1   >>

join