It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's have some fun; Hypothetical scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I do not advocate anything against ATS T&C, so, let's keep this fun, and clean...and also (mods) please move wherever most appropriate, delete if necessary. Thanks

Hello ATS,
I would like to invite you all to join-in what I intend to be fun for all…Here I present you a hypothetical situation that I’d like for members here to add to it in hopes of a positive out-come. Let’s just have some fun with this. No doom and gloom in this thread please.

This is intended to be a hypothetical situation. It takes place in one of our favorite MSM newsrooms while being broadcast live…let’s put a video feed together that will be damning to the supposed integrity of said broadcaster, for all to see. Let's pretend we awaken the sheeple and a peaceful resolve ensues! My thread, my out-come!!!

Our news feed technician is disgruntled about something…(why- being part of the fun).

Let's say our tech has tapes at his/her disposal (what news feeds to show) and is synchronizing with the ticker/banner feeds while at commercial/intermission, so when the feed goes live, the damaging video gets broadcast just long enough for the viewers to go WHAT?! Then the bigwigs cut to commercial-again…Our tech is now out of a job, but patting them self on the back because of it...doing it during "prime-time."

We here at ATS are a broad and diverse community, hit me with your ideas and let’s have some fun!
1- Who is our favorite news broadcaster?
2- What 3-5 second video feed would our tech put in place of scheduled broadcast that would create such a stir? We’ll have to pretend our tech has Top-secret/leaked and verifiable evidence at their disposal…something unmistakable even to a 13 year-old.
3- Why is our tech disgruntled?
4- How flawless is their back-ground?
5- What noise is heard on-set prior to cutting to commercial?
6- Gender of our technician- will our hero be male or female?
7- What MSM station takes the story and runs with it?

Let's hypothesize together in jest!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm thinking that Focks should be our favorite broadcaster.
And our hero is female.
She's disgruntled because the anchor complains, and the producer wants her to seek employment elsewhere, once the contract expires.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The back ground of our tech is obviously flawless and has received many prized awards to commemorate her fine service.

You liking it so far?

Meanwhile (in my mind) I'm walking through the halls at my middle school reminiscing the good-'ol days...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I am imagining that someone on like, FOX, accidentally, for one second, shows Osama Bin Laden with some well known government/politician types, and it's heard, "Thanks for helping us out".
Alex Jones and mayyyyyybe Michael Savage, would run with it, and raise Hades about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
I am imagining that someone on like, FOX, accidentally, for one second, shows Osama Bin Laden with some well known government/politician types, and it's heard, "Thanks for helping us out".
Alex Jones and mayyyyyybe Michael Savage, would run with it, and raise Hades about it.

I like it I like it!

Who's Michael Savage?

Googling...

M. Savage

I was thinking of an MSM network running with it...but OK.

edit on (5/9/1111 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
M.S. is a rightwing conservative radio talk show host, US nationally syndicated, who does NOT shill for the Republican Party. He is a pariah with the rest of the Corporate right wing broadcast/media world. They also do not control and pressure what he discusses. He questions, and does not follow.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

No no, not accidentally! This hero is mad and intends to spill the beans.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The noise heard on air prior to cutting to commercial?

"cut that feed" yelled by the producer.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Glen Beck! Sorry, I --never-- pay any attention to the news bims. I cannot take any of them seriously, as well.
edit on 9-5-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
Our news feed technician is disgruntled about something…

You mean, something like this...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Glen Beck!

I would say Geraldo, but he also works for fox, no?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I would like to see Wolfe Blitzer blindsided by the video tech, with some off air comments with the staff talking about how rediculous the broad cast is, and how he's amazed that people believe the stuff they put on the air, while he laughs about it with other members of the staff.

And the video tech is a disgruntled lover who Blitzer lied to and promised a promotion that if he slept with him, but never delivered on the promise.

Star and flag for a fun and excellent idea.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by loveguy
Our news feed technician is disgruntled about something…

You mean, something like this...

Thanks! My guts are busted!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I would like to see Wolfe Blitzer blindsided by the video tech, with some off air comments with the staff talking about how rediculous the broad cast is, and how he's amazed that people believe the stuff they put on the air, while he laughs about it with other members of the staff.

And the video tech is a disgruntled lover who Blitzer lied to and promised a promotion that if he slept with him, but never delivered on the promise.

Star and flag for a fun and excellent idea.

Thank you Dr.Proto!
I guess I should research my MSM networks, names sound familiar, but knowing who works where is a fog...

Yes, I love the Blitz on Blitzer, that dirty dog!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of that old 1970's film 'Network' where 'Howard Beale' loses his cool, and melts down on the air on TV, spilling all the truths about life and the media, and ordering everyone to go yell out their window.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This thread reminds me of that old 1970's film 'Network' where 'Howard Beale' loses his cool, and melts down on the air on TV, spilling all the truths about life and the media, and ordering everyone to go yell out their window.

Thanks.

I'm going see if utube has a vid...

This be the episode?

edit on (5/9/1111 by loveguy because: add video

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That is theeee vid. But I think ProtoplasmicTraveler got the most accurate and correct idea which you are seeking. I had a glass (or so) of White Zin, and am not my usually sub genious self.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

That is theeee vid. But I think ProtoplasmicTraveler got the most accurate and correct idea which you are seeking. I had a glass (or so) of White Zin, and am not my usually sub genious self.

Yes, Dr. Proto is the epitome if genius in my book!

I'm thinking that TWC should show a snip of the video, so those tuned-in there could be enlightened.

I'd like to hear from other high intelligence/integrity-backed members from our other forums to join in the fun.

Phage? Where you at?

Oh yeah, Slayer69 too?

I don't know all the seriously brilliant members here, but I'd sure like to meet them someday.

Whoa! The 3 Amigos------->>>>>> C'mon guys, help me out here!!!

new topics

top topics

join