It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird bird carcass found in Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The dead body of a strange dinosaur-like bird has been reportedly found near the city of Meshginshahr in the northwestern Iranian province of Ardebil. The locals found the feathered bipedal creature, which seemed to have died a few days ago, near a remote village of Meshginshahr, IRNA reported on Sunday. A team of officials of Iran's Environment Protection Organization (EPO) were dispatched to the region to investigate whether the reports were true. One of the villagers has reportedly hidden the carcass and the EPO team is trying to find it. The team has managed to obtain a photo of the creature taken by one of the locals. The team has also found evidence that confirmed the locals' claims the bird lived in a cave near the village. The creature has a reptilian skull with long canine teeth and large molars. It has small wing bones like those of flightless birds. The avifauna of Iran includes a total of 527 species, none of which are similar to the found creature; however, the discovery needs ornithologists to verify the claims. Scientists believe that fossil evidence demonstrates birds and dinosaurs shared many features such as hollow bones, gastrolith in the digestive system, nest-building and brooding behaviors. The discovery of fossilized Tyrannosaurus rex soft tissue also suggests that the 68-million-year-old dinosaur and birds are closely related to each other.

Weird bird carcass found in Iran

Further investigation shows that the skull of a fox on the body of a flightless bird is pushed. In the press release, however, indicated that it would be the skull of a reptile. Scientists believe that birds evolved from dinosaurs because ultimately there are many similarities between the two species.

Your thoughts please, I think it is a hoax. But looking at the picture it can also be an undiscovered bird.
edit on 9-5-2011 by DutchBigBoy because: extra info

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It looks like the skull of a small dog or rodent placed above a bird's carcass.

Thats what I'm seeing anyways.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Absolutely completely fake.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Looks like the body of an Osprey small one at that, and the head of a baby Jackal both native to Iran. However there have been stranger things found in Iran like the Raccoon Dog which is normally found in East Asia.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

im no expert on birds, but im pretty sure they have no teeth

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Seem to die a few days ago?????
Pretty sure it takes more than a few days to get that much decomposition
The teeth type denote meat eater and frankly the head seems a bit big for the body
I am inclined to call it a fake
But seriously if that is/was a real creature i don't want to know....... coz it would come to my knee and eats meat

I like my knees

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

My bovine excrement meter just went off the scale!! I'm bettin' a box of chicken lips that this is a hoax.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You guys think almost the same as me a hoax, maybe to get some attention to a local region who needs a boost in money.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

defiantly the skull of a jackal.....case closed...Good call Golithion
edit on 9-5-2011 by Yfactor1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by Yfactor1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
mabey they only come out at night and how many people are on patrol for new species in iran ??
no-one ther to busy killing eacher for power
but yea great pic

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

BOOM! Seems spot on that mate, good call. It's the good folk like yourself that keep me comin back to ATS day after day

Peace out

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Hello again connor - this is where it gets fun!

Birds are descended from (I believe) theropod dinosaurs. Some years back, scientists playing with gene-flipping were able to induce scales instead of feathers on birds, further proving this link.

I won't say it's not fake (likely IS), but it also seems entirely possible that a genetic mutation or some other manipulation may have conversely induced teeth and other characteristics from the genetic code of the birds involved.

Thoughts, team?
edit on 5/9/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
For a "Bird" it oddly has the skull of a canine.
Woof

Jackal indeed, nice catch
edit on 9-5-2011 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Ohs Noes!!!!

They killed my Iranian Toothy-Chicken!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Looks like it would make good chili!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here is some footage from Iranian Tv. Doesn't look real to me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

Thanks for the video, haven't seen that one yet. I couldn't understand a word of it but it still looks fake to me.
I will believe untill they can show me a live specimen.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It is just the way the arm is bent to make it appear to be like a birds leg. The torso is missing, it is the chest of the animal, the front arms, neck and head. The arms have no tissue remaining so they just seem sort of "stork-like". I recently found a coyote in the same condition with only half of him remaining.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
why would nature produce something that looks like it would hunt itself?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
At first glance really looks like a canine skull, placed over the head/ beak of a rotting bird.
Skull see here
Small dog, medium sized bird? Small to medium wild or domestic canine remains?
What's the size of the creature in question?

Actually with the picture quality I cannot see feathers, and as mentioned possible part of coyote remains, with bird legs placed to make it appear bird-like.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join