It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what awaits us, people....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It's already here...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

Not really sure what I'm looking at here...

I don't wanna 'assume' what's happening either, so can someone fill me in here?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
You know what.......you're right. If people are this animalistic for a "deal" just think how they will act when they are hungry and need to feed their family.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What's already here? Super savings?

Care to add some of your own insight into your post before I watch a video with no synopsis? I think I know what you're getting at, but the lack of any personal opinion on your part kind of goes against thread rules, doesn't it?
edit on 9-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That does NOT await me or, my family. You will catch us growing vegetables in our hydroponic greenhouse, sipping water out of our circulating water well, and slaying some wild beast's to eat. That's what is going to happen to 90% of the mindless consumers.

Is this black friday?
edit on 9-5-2011 by USMC-oorah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Care to add some of your own insight into your post? I think I know what you're getting at, but the lack of any personal opinion on your part kind of goes against thread rules, doesn't it?

The author above your post summed it up pretty well.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Not really sure what I'm looking at here...

I don't wanna 'assume' what's happening either, so can someone fill me in here?

You're not familiar with the stampeding that occrs during Black Friday? This is exactly what happens. Only in this video someone stopped the crowd and saved a few bones/lives. In the past, some were not so lucky.

articles.nydailynews.com...

edit on 9-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EternalThought

Originally posted by Mactire

Care to add some of your own insight into your post? I think I know what you're getting at, but the lack of any personal opinion on your part kind of goes against thread rules, doesn't it?

The author above your post summed it up pretty well.

That is a good point.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There will be instances of this, sure (especially in densley populated areas), though not as many as you'd expect. Mobbs are always dangerous, and ignorance feeds 99% of reactions like the one in this video. That is why there are FEMA camps. Should a scenario arise where food is in short supply, you won't see much of this, but you will see long lines flanked by men with big guns, guarding truck/trains of rations. The people in line will likely have numbered ration tickets, and for those who want to behave this way, there are brand new shiny places with barbed wire and watch towers.
For the intelligent person, there will be home gardens and small patches of livestock, shared by new neighborhood communities. There will be jobs divided amongst these neighbors; canning, drying, hunting, gathering, etc.
There will always be the looters and the desperate, but they don't last too long in a survival situation. I wouldn't worry about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It makes you realize that the only nations set up to survive a post-apocalyptic world are the impoverished 3rd-world ones. I saw nothing but fat cattle in that video. No survivors there.

I think it's time to start some co-op gardening in all of our neighborhoods before things get out of hand.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is terrible!

top topics

join