It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Said: China readies for future U.S. fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
China readies for future U.S. fight

HONG KONG, China (CNN) -- The Iraqi war has convinced the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leadership that some form of confrontation with the U.S. could come earlier than expected.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
i'm tellin ya when the time comes, the three asian communist powers, n korea, china, and russia, will likely work together to hold the us back or even destroy it, nukes on both sides won't let it happen, or it will happen to all. north korea is no doubt the next step into asia for the us. that war will lead china into the fray on the side of north korea, and pressure from both sides will push for russian support. after that who knows. our world is on the road to all out war

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Nooooo. The Chinese are just worry for North-Korea.It's their way to say : " Be careful with what you do ".

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The 200 million man army will march from the east across the Euphrates.
I can definitely see China and NK joining up. China's got what...close to a billion people now?? Plus whatever army NK has. Strategically speaking it would be quite advantageous for them to strike now and march troops over, it would flank all of our troops. But I dont see that happening, at least not for awhile. Things would have to be pretty bad for that to come.

Revelation 9
The number of the mounted troops was two hundred million. I heard their number.

Kings from the east.

Revelation 16
The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Lysergic,
I'm curious on how you came across this site. Was it e-mailed to you?

Here'sa link to cnn/world, they say nothing about China anywhere.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
They have little to gain from doing otherwise...

The ONLY way the US would ever win a war against China, is one of obliteration. Land forces are out of the question. Aerial bombardment, eliminating their nukes, and totally destroying their ability to make war, and doing so from a distance, would be the only successful tactic. China knows this as well as we do. Because of this, any talk like this is exactly that...just talk.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've always suspected that a war with China might be eminent, but it seems less likely now then it used to.

Every year they have about 16 million people born, so that's about (considering they prefer men) 10 million men. But China lacks logistics.

They can spread man power out far, and they can lose a lot of men without a dent in their population, but we have the logistics, we can put "steel on target".

It would be their slaughter house, for they have no Navy, and without a navy they have no way to supply troops in Europe or Africa, which are the areas they would have to take. It's not got enough railways, nor road ways, and India would be on our side. They have far more population growth than China, and they have our logistics.

Good 5 year war though...that's how I've always seen it.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
if you want to win a war, you don't start one with the rest of the world. That was Hitler's mistake. I don't any reason for the Chinese to have to occupy Africa and Europe, besides no country is capable of doing such. Then again let's go back to why?? Why would they need to??

I think much of the new warfare in the REAL WARS, (like World Wars, between many nations.) will be centered on subversion and terrorism. The point of the new conflicts will be to have the enemies own people turn on them. That is the best way to get in, and get out? You See?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
There will be a war, but it won't be what you think. As brutal as the Chinese may be to their people on occasion when dissent gets a little too loud, they have a firm grasp on the fundamentals of Capitalism. They have learned much from the liaise faire atmosphere from Hong Kong and are trying to figure out a way to be Communist with private property. Also, see Taiwan Envy in the New Communist Manifesto.

On the other hand face is more important to the Chinese than most anything else - a trait their peninsular (is that a word?) comrades masquerade but have lost it's essence. Believe me Western Diplomats are hip to this scene and the Chinese are terribly productive people who have a historical sense of hard work.

So, in essence, the will be a fierce economic war and a renewed space race. (find the links yourself about the Chinese planned mission to Mars). Russia is already beginning to understand the importance of economic freedom. A trade war may also be a by product of this renewed sense of competition and trade. Notice how much the Chinese value the Most Favored Nation status (as well as the US).

Countries have interests, and in the end it's driven by politics. Politicians make policy, and usually whomever has the best policy wins. If the US doesn't wake up to the fact that some countries could squash us economically given a little freedom, we'll be on the losing end of THAT battle.

posted on Mar, 27 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It wouldn't make sense for China to goto war with the U.S. go look at damn near any product you have purchased lately...whether it be clothes...or whatever, guaranteed it says "Made in China." We're their biggest customer. Why do you think the U.S. is so short on jobs, etc? Because everything's being made over there in damn commie China lol. If you owned a store...and you had a customer that came in and bought a bunch of stuff every day, would it make sense to kill that customer? There's going to have to be a REAL big reason for China to mess with us.

top topics

join