It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Maybe this is biggest conspiracy, they don't alarm or inform us (reasons you all know) what is wrong whit Sun end what is coming ..
Sun is no sleeping any more is very active last years ..
No shelters we by like to hot dogs ..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp
reply to post by darrman

That's exactly what (XXX) was saying to me.

Several of you have good memories for the color of the '70's.

I used to bring these kinds of topics up in conversations a while back. Of how the sun was more yellow, the sky was definitely free of chem trails. The other day I was gazing out my window, watching an airline. It was high up, and a NORMAL contrail ---- was exiting in back. A white mist line which would quickly vanish, NOT linger and get bigger. Yup, the snow piled 6 ft high. It was fluffy. I remember in the spring, the smell of flowers and robbins all about. While the white snow melted in the yellow sun in a blue sky. OH MY GOD, I have not seen ANY robbins outside lately. WHERE ARE THEY???

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

There is a Robin nesting on the junction box for my cable tv on the back of my house. She is beautiful. I have a lot of night crawlers (big worms) in my neighborhood so there are many Robins.

The odd thing with Robins is that now they stay all winter. When I was a kid we never saw them in the winter.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

I have seen lots of Robins this year if that helps.

I am in UK, East Midlands.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have spent a great deal of my life working outdoors, relying on motorcycles and old cars and trucks without A/C and in some cases without a top or heater... The difference in a car today compared with an older vehicle is why it is hotter inside these days...Cars and trucks today are built with a much larger and sloped windshield and larger windows.. They also lack vent windows and floor vents so yes they are actually much hotter inside for that reason.. When I was a kid there wasn't as much asphalt pavement, air conditioning units in houses and businesses giving off heat in urban areas and less vehicles on the road giving off heat. Today the cars are equipped with catalytic converters, run much leaner air to fuel ratios and most are equipped with automatic transmissions which all produce much more heat... We were accustomed to walking, riding bicycles or public transportation with out A/C wherever we went and even the schools were not air conditioned... Very few people become acclimated to being outdoors during the heat of summer and seldom is anyone seen riding bikes or walking because of heavy traffic and the absence of sidewalks.. I'm 61 years old but if I take walks or ride a bike during the heat of the day I become used to the heat and it isn't all that bad but when it is 100F+ outside and I walk into the house that is cooled to 77F it does feel real good.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

I don't notice any change. I'm always cold, and I live in California. I used to burn much more easily than I do now. Maybe it's that hole in the ozone that is making everything hotter to you?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Interesting thread! I've always been sensitive to the bright sunlight, however I've become so sensitive in recent times that I am truly suffering if I go outside in the sunshine without my sunglasses. I have a very difficult time even functioning, my eyes hurt and water up and I have to squint considerably to be able to see. Not good if I forget my shades while I'm driving!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So if we get a changing sun do we eventually start getting superman powers do to a different color sun? That would be awesome!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I'm with ya.

I am extremely light sensitive and, being 40 years old with the best memory of anyone I know, I can tell you FOR SURE it's different.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp

What about plants? They absorb the green light, but are dependent on the Red and Blue to thrive. Is this the true reason behind the genetically modified plants? Modified to thrive without the Red frequency? Will those gardening notice a failure to thrive in their plants, or will the alteration cause toxicity? Is this the reason behind the Draconian gardening laws?

Not saying everything your pointing out is wrong.. just the part about plants absorbing green light.
The reason plants look green is because they reflect the green wavelengths, not absorb it.. or they would appear blue or red, or purple..
answers.yahoo.com...
but great thread non the less. just clearing up the reason we see things as a certain color is because its actually the color that an object doesn't absorb..

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Back in 1990 I moved to New zealand where the sun was noticably hotter on my bare skin. In Summer the local radio station would inform us of the Burn Times for that day.. which were as low as 2 minutes on most days despite the air temperature not getting all that high.

When I returnd to Oz early in 1994 I noticed the same burning sensation on the skin seconds after walking out the door.. never had that here before and I am in my 50's now.

As a kid, the sky used to be a really vivid Blue, the sun was Yellow and I could play shirtless outside all day without getting too burnt.. although when swimming for the day we used to get terribly burned.. which is still the same now.

Back then you would only feel Warmth on your skin.. and so I used to lay out in the sun to feel that warmth... these days a few minutes in the Morning sun is enough to make me head for shade.. even in Autumn as it is now.

Seeker:- If you stop wearing sunglasses you will get used to it again and not have to squint so much. I tried it for a year and found it was only a matter of weeks until I didn't seem to need sunglasses anymore.. although passing white buildings with white concrete footpaths still reflect way too much light for my old eyes.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Im still pretty young, 23, and Ive never really spent much time watching the sun throughout the years.

But, this same subject has came up a few times within the past few years. A couple older people at my old work used to talk about the sun getting brighter. My teachers (40+) say the same thing. Supposedly, you were able to stare at the sun for a little bit without almost going blind. Nowdays, it seems impossible to look at the sun for more than a few seconds.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This universe is powered by our consciousness, so mybe we are thinking differently, or someone had a new idea.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I have thought this for years now, I remember enjoying the golden sun light and yes now it is white and hotter. I was born in 74 and remember very well that the sun didnt hurt my eyes as bad as it does now, I can no longer function outside without sunglasses even on cloudy days. I thought it was my imagination that the sun used to be a warmer yellow, orange hue so thanks for bringing this up as it validates something I thought only I noticed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Excellent thread, not to worry anyone, but there are greenish funny clouds over North West England as I'm posting this. Weird as hell/

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Outstanding post! Thank u for putting pieces together and lying them out for normal people to understand. The part of with the Indigo Children really grabbed my attention. I was born in the early 80's and that description fit me to a T. What would be a good site to read into the Indigo Children thing in depth with lots of pictures and graphs?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Is it the sun or is the world changing? In the last 2 years I have read of so many and heard so many people say that they feel strange (different) or that the world is different. Apparently its anxiety related but I don't think so.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
so you are telling me that the red has disappeared from a prism breakdown?

i don't have a prism to check this myself.

would it be possible for someone to photograph this ...one from sunlight, and a control photo of a white light that

does breakdown into the three main components?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I forgot to mention the most interesting thing I may have found earlier. On that Blue Marble link, scroll down through the comments until you find the username caonacl. Seems he found some interesting correlations concerning the solar activities in 1859.

"It's kind of a funny coincidence, but there appears to have been an intellectual awakening after that storm.
Check out what was happening before the storm, then for the rest of the year. Then look at what went on in
1850."

He has quite a list of his observations...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Something else to ponder...

Has anyone else noticed how little time it takes nowadays to get sunburned?

When I was a kid, (I'm 49 years old now), I could spend an entire summer day playing baseball and basketball and never get sunburned. Mind you we didn't know what the hell "sunscreen" was or what the devil SPF meant.

Today I can get sunburned in no time whatsoever. It's not just me either. Whenever I tell someone this they tend to reply "yeah, I know what you mean...it happens to me too!".

Looking forward to more member replies. Great thread. S&F!

I remember being 10 and playing on the outdoor bleachers of a high school here while waiting to go swimming. We would lay on the bleachers and get tan.
You cannot lay on metal bleachers now a days without getting burned.
Also I'm lighter than my friends who use to tease me because if I stayed out too long I'd get pink face (sunburn).
Now when its hot, I can't go out w/o a hat and sunscreen.
Yes, you guessed it, I'm black. Now how many others are noticing burns when they never use to get them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join