It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this called? please read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
ok this morning i thought i was awake and eyes open but then i realise my eyes arent open but i can see(dark but clear) the room and what my nurse was doin(watching tv) and i feel like im sitting up or floating up or something, tried to talk but i could only think it...i started to panic but something made me think of opening my eyes to force myself awake.

i was thinking "what the heck was that?" so can anyone tell me what they think it was?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sounds to me like an Out Of Body Experience. I'm no expert, but that'd be my best guess.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
yep it sounds like an Out of Body experience to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
could of just been a really weird dream.
I had a dream where i was dreaming, but i woke up, and i was still in bed ( i took a nap in the afternoon around 4pm) so i get up, my head spins really hard and i cant stay standing much longer so i crash down to the floor. i lay there for 5 more minutes still really out of it when i hear my dad come home, so i force myself to stand up and he comes in and asks how im doing and i say fine, then i ask what all the garbage is on my desk.. he said my mom brought it home, but there was this fist sized spider on all the stuff and me and my dad tried to catch it until it got into this container with bubbles in it.. then i actually woke up and said that was a creepy dream... and my dad comes home.. THEN i wake up and i was like wtf is going on so i get up and sit at the computer and a few minutes later my dad comes home (i got up at 4;50 and he comes home at 5)

funky eh

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
crispexi....well i realised i wasnt awake and was trying to wake up, before i was awake i could see what the nurse was doing and i could see what she had next to her, saw the exact same when i woke up so if it was a dream it sure was seamless.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm going to concur with OOB, Out of Body. In your case though, sounds like you just sat up, and were still partially in...happens often enough... OOB seems to fit all the signs you mentioned, especially the floaty feeling, etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a hypnapompic epsiode to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It does sound like you were dreaming. I have had similar dreams myself. It is possible that your eyes were open while you were sleeping. It is strange though at any rate. I will often have dreams that I am waking up, only to later realize I was still sleeping...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have had brief oobes and the constant with them is the color. Everything is in hues of this dark blue.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm going to concur with OOB, Out of Body. In your case though, sounds like you just sat up, and were still partially in...happens often enough... OOB seems to fit all the signs you mentioned, especially the floaty feeling, etc.

ah but see i cant sit up(not strong enough)...so thats the strange part, but i felt like i couldve sat up and move without strain, but i panicked.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I dont belive it was an OOB. When we dream it is just our mind sorting out all our thoughts, images, emotions etc.. and thats why we sometimes have really crazy dreams. Think of a computer defraging files and have to check every file to see which one fits where and what it links up to.

You may have see the nurse doing what she was doing before you went down and your mind was just trying to process this before you woke up, making it feel real or like an outer body experience.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

Originally posted by Gazrok

ah but see i cant sit up(not strong enough)...so thats the strange part, but i felt like i couldve sat up and move without strain, but i panicked.

Try not to panic next time...You can move without strain, if you would just relax.
Try to think of an OOBE as an adventure or exploration, and your astral body will be more encouraged to "move about the cabin," so to speak. Fear forces you back into your body. You can later record your experiences and reflect upon them later as a learning tool. Hope that helps

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biggie
Sounds like a hypnapompic epsiode to me.

I have to agree here
The hypnopompic state is the transition state of semiconsciousness between sleeping and waking. You could have been *just* conscious enough to absorb what was happening around you, but *not* conscious enough to realize you were "almost" awake.

I have had several episodes of this myself, the most frightening of which I thought I "dreamt" of awakening in a white world. Not white furniture, white walls, white people, but a BLANK white world, nothing but endless unchanging white. Really freaked me out for about 10 minutes. Then I realized that I could move, and when I did, I saw the rest of my room and I was fully awake (the fear of this freaky WHITE nothingness eventually woke me up completely)
You know what it was?

I found that I had "awoken" in a hypnopompic state *facing the white wall next to my bed*
Looking back, it was funny, but at the time it was quite unnerving.

new topics

top topics

join