It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry flip flops on Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Here is a video of Kerry in his own words changing his mind on Iraq.

www.pabaah.com...

Do you want a liar as your President?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Kerry flip-flopping? naaa.....it must be Bush' fault....
Yeah, Bush made him do it.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

www.pabaah.com...

Do you want a liar as your President?

Oh great. Another Republican troll spamming Republican talking points and links to propaganda videos from the Republican National Committee. I watched that video. I didn't see any lies by Kerry. What I did see was quoting Kerry out of context, sometimes a single sentence, sometimes cutting him off in mid-sentence. At the end of the video, Kerry says "That was not a flip-flop." End of video. Why didn't we get to see Kerry's explanation of why what he had said was not a flip-flop?

This whole discussion is nonsense. Has Kerry changed his mind on issues? Of course. Doesn't everybody? Call them flip-flops if you want to. But a flip-flop is not a lie. So don't call the man a liar when you yourself say the video shows him changing his mind on Iraq.

Of course if you think a flip-flop is a lie, here are some real flip-flops by George Bush.

President Bush: Flip-Flopper-In-Chief

And if you want to see some real lies by George Bush, see the following thread.

"Bush Lied?" Let�s Examine the Facts

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If you want to see a flip flop, Bush actually was trained by al quada, he admits it, i have video proof.

t31.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hey, Bush "flip-flopped" on his entire justification of attacking Iraq in the first place !
Therefore, Kerry has every right to suddenly change his mind about supporting it.
What if I asked you to help me do something, for one specific reason - then after you agree to help, you discover that my original reason was not the real reason at all ?
Wouldn't you then have second thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
First of all I would like to say America is more vulnerable place, unsure, crippled society since Bush. Forget political bull for now. Flip flop propaganda is just stupied. I will be the first Patriot to say I flip floped on Iraq. Why ? Am I some sort of panzy fool? No. Bush and his cabinet lied and mislead everyone in congress senate and the US of A. I was brainwashed like alot of America about WMD in Iraq. I for one want a freash face in the White House. I want someone who isn't a Gung Ho fool. Who knows what gunshots and Napalm smell and sound like. Its not fun getting blownup for nothing. Anyways Bush is incompatent leader who Knows nothing of war. Yet bosts of the glory of War. Flip Flop that!

[edit on 1-8-2004 by EdgarCayce]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
So then Kerry/Edwards is the best flip-flopper's for the job?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Man, I have seen �flip flop�, �flip flops�, �flip flopped�, and �flip-flopper� used more times in the last six months than in my entire life. You would think that with the vast amount of intelligence we have available in this country, we could come up with a term that doesn�t sound like it�s describing a fish out of water.

Kerry changed his mind on Iraq, and I believe he admits as much. However, it is still not enough to make me vote for him.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
You know, your right,....can I change the term I wanna use?

Face it,...all the candidates are tayloring their platform as we speak, based on observed public sentiments.

I gotta look farther back to see how they have behaved prior to the primaries to decide, myself.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Too true.

Both sides are doing what they can to present the best image to the public. Come to think of it, the �flip-flop� remark was probably a shot at Kerry from the incredible vocabulary of the commander-in-chief himself. Or am I misunderestimating him?

And no, mind-changing is not allowed.

[edit on 8/1/04 by para]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Out of the months of hearing the repeated statement of flip-floping or (for a break for those in need) waffling, not once has anyone considered that perhaps changing one's mind about an issue is an indication of active thought regarding an issue, rather than taking a stubborn, static, and pre-programmed path for less than honorable reasons.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I believe that I have heard that argument used by Kerry supporters before, and I do consider it valid. It�s just that he does it too much for my tastes.

Now waffling is in the mix. Dead fish on waffles does not bring a pleasant taste to my mouth.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I expect, and admire a person with title, to make a decision, stick with it, and expecting his command to translate to the bottom without hesitation or question.

But a person not with title, has the unique ability to have public 'dynamic' thought, as his words are not with the power of immediate action nor repercussion or responsibility of such actions, but with public influence only.

Waffling, flip-flopping, who ever it is used by, is only a negative term applied to anything that has changed, intentional or not. The words will disappear until the next election.

[edit on 1-8-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001

Oh great. Another Republican troll spamming Republican talking points and links to propaganda videos from the Republican National Committee.

new topics

top topics

join