It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama's Beard Color not accepted in ISLAM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Having spent some time in the Middle East, I've noticed something interesting about Osama's beard. Trust me, I know a lot about Muslims, because I lived among them and was married to one. I personally have seen Muslims with red beards and that's how I came to know why they dye it red. I've never met a Muslim who uses hair dye on his beard, if there was one, he must have been ignorant and would be shunned by his imam or fellow Muslims. If you go to Middle East, you can see many beautiful women with unibrows. Why? Because plucking eye brows is considered Haram (forbidden). (Site)

Removing (plucking, shaving, waxing etc.) the hair from the eyesbrows at the request of one's husband is not permissible, because the Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wassallam) said: "Cursed is the plucker [of eyebrows] (an-naamisah) and the one who has plucking done." And 'an-namas' is the one who removes the hair of the eyebrows. Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz Fataawa al-Mar'ah. Lajnah tawzee' al-Matboo'aat ad-Deeniyyah 'alal-Hujjaaj wal-Mu'tamireen, page 205.

This is common knowledge all over the gulf states, and Osama is from Saudi and had extensively traveled all over Middle East, then he is well aware of personal grooming rules outlined in Islam, especially when he so often goes on TV to critique America.

The same goes for hair dying. I've seen many Muslim men with white beards, but never heard of any dying them with anything besides henna. I have seen hair dyes in salons and stores for WOMEN, plus, those were also there for the convenience of tourists. Although women go to beauty salons, and (maybe) dye their hair, men never do!! Unless, they're foreigners.

I got some info on hair-dying in Islam from this website Site

.... Kashmir, where dying beards with henna is common. Also, it is forbidden for Muslim men to dye their hair or beard with anything but henna.

From official Sunni website Site

It is permissible for men to apply henna to the hair of their head or beard. In fact, this is recommended in order to conceal white hair. Imam al-Nawawi said in al-Majmu': "It is sunna to dye white hair with something yellow or red. Our [h: Shafi'i] companions have concurred on this. Among those who have explicitly stated this are al-Saymari, al-Baghawi, and others because of well-known rigorously authenticated hadiths in this regard. Among them is the hadith of Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, "Verily, the Jews and Christians don't dye, so be different from them." (narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)."

As you can see (below), henna turns your hair RED, and not black. I've never seen henna turn a beard black, and if there are experts who can disprove this, please do let me know. Also, Muslim men know that their Prophet dyed his beard with henna (only), and all try to emulate him, so they would never go against the tradition of Muhammad.
If you GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH "Henna Beards" - ALL OF THEM ARE RED!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04c1167f8695.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05ffc916cd51.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, the only dye they can use is Henna, which turns their beards RED! Osama wasn't using henna obviously. [ I also recall something about cutting one's beard in Islam. ]

And Muslim (383) narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Trim the moustache and let the beard grow; be different from the Magians (Zoroastrians).”

With regard to what some people do, shaving the beard or trimming something from its thickness and length, this is not permissible because it goes against the teachings of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his command to let the beard grow. A command implies that a thing is obligatory unless there is an indication to suggest otherwise, and we know of no such indication in this case.

More on beard cutting...

If you notice Osama's beard through out the years, it's been mostly white, but it is black and shorter in the latest video seized by the US Navy. This very fact jumped out at me, because I am not used to seeing Muslim men with (commercially) dyed beards.

Osama in older days, mostly black beard:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/58a35ecbd987.jpg[/atsimg]

For example, here is undated? video of Osama, you can see his graying beard.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/16b943bafc0d.jpg[/atsimg]

Here you can see him (supposedly) with a white beard watching TV, ok, how did Osama wash out or grow out the PREVIOUSLY black beard (SEE BELOW). Especially if 1) He is not allowed to cut beard 2) It doesn't grow out that fast (steroids beard??), 3) he is not seen with red (henna) beard in his home movies
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18c3b507de37.jpg[/atsimg]

All of a sudden May 2011 - a BLACK BEARD?? This was recorded PREVIOUSLY (as far as I am understanding) to the video of him watching himself on TV - with white beard. Again, isn't it impossible to grow out the beard so fast? Wash out the dye? Any thoughts on this?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bfd8c004b62.jpg[/atsimg]

I believe we have an IMPOSTOR. Ask any Muslim about dying of beard in Islam. Also, unless there is some sort of special rule in Wahhabi Islam (which I doubt), then there is no way a devouted Muslim like Osama would dye his beard black!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be6e4f33ba4f.jpg[/atsimg]

Any thoughts guys & gals? Perhaps US military wasn't aware of this little rule in Islam
There is a similar thread to this one, but no quiet the same material.

edit on 5/8/2011 by EternalThought because: typo

edit on 5/8/2011 by EternalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Intuition is the best sherpa on a trip to the summit.

Since nothing will prove it either way, I encourage people to go with their gut feeling.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
he looks in all purposes younger. he even has less wrinkles in the pictures with a black beard

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wonder if his ring is gold. Isnt gold forbidden in Islam??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I would love to see more Side-by-side pics!

Very interesting -

The grey in the later photo looks "natural" along with the black. But in some of the pics the beard looks all black. It is definately all Grey in earlier photos.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I wonder if his ring is gold. Isnt gold forbidden in Islam??

FORBIDDEN (HARAM).

It is forbidden for men to wear gold, regardless of whether it is for a watch, a ring, or a chain. This is due to the generality of the saying of the Prophet (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam)
"Gold and silk are permitted to the women of my nation, forbidden to its men." (An-Nasa'i no. 5 151 , At-Tirmithi no. 1720 and Ahmad 4/394, 407) And he (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam) also said, "Men have been forbidden from wearing gold rings." (Abu Dawud no. 4044 and At-Tirmithi no. 1738) Recorded by Al-Bukhari and Muslim from Al-Bara' bin 'Azib, may Allaah be pleased with him. When the Messenger of Allaah (sallAllaahu `alayhi wa sallam) saw a man with a gold ring on his hand, he removed it and hurled it onto the ground. He then said,
Source

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well thought out, you may be on to something...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, I believe many people weren't falling for the dyed bearded Osama. I think both of those guys in the white cap and yellow robe are not OBL, he was supposed to be left handed and yet in those videos the left arms are lifeless at the side.
I seem to remember an audio analysis somebody on here did with the 9/11 one that showed how the audio was pieced together to make it say what they wanted.(Like nothing about Zionist in Israel like his other videos)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
nice work!

I had the same thought when I saw the news this morning...

"Why the hell is his beard black? Did he die it?"

but...

par for the course... more inconsistancies...

I swear they are doing this on purpose...

trying to turn people who actually pay attention into "silly conspiracy theorists"...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Anything is possible.

Saddam supposedly had doubles. Osama had several brothers - maybe even cousins that could have looked like him.

I believe he was very vain. There are temporary natural colorings that can be washed out. Religion or no religion - - I think he was vain enough to try to look healthy and younger - - - since he was reportedly ill.

There's lighting - - etc.

Of course it could be fake too.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Not discounting your theory on beard color or personal grooming laws permissible by Islam, but I will say that dying with Henna and Indigo will turn hair very deep and permanent Black.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Not discounting your theory on beard color or personal grooming laws permissible by Islam, but I will say that dying with Henna and Indigo will turn hair very deep and permanent Black.

"Natural henna stains only a rich red brown. Products sold as "black henna" or "neutral henna" do not contain henna, but are instead made from other plants, or from other substances altogether."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

I did NOT say black Henna (I know that is henna containing PPD) I said Henna and Indigo together will create Black permanent color and since these are natural plant powders, it's likely they are both permissible under traditional Islamic law...

edit on 8-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Mercurio

I did NOT say black Henna (I know what that is henna containing PPD) I said Henna and Indigo together will create Black permanent color.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

I think it depends on what part of the Middle East and what sect of Islam you are talking about. I was married to A Shia from Iraq thus living with his family, and friends. All of them spent more time cutting and dying their hair and trimming and dying their beards, waxing their eyebrows, using face creams, even shaving their bodies,. When I first met my husband I was partly drawn to him because he took such care of himself not realizing to what extreme. Now I tell people the men are so busy trying to look and dress great they wrap their women in black sheets because they don't want the competition. Therefore I don't see why it would be so strange for him to want to look good for the camera.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ala Hazrat Imam Ahmed Raza (RAA) has written a booklet on this which I read just some days ago. Dyeing of beard with any color or synthetic product or even mixing herbs with Henna, so that it appears black, is forbidden. He has quoted various Ahadeeth, one of which warns that if a person dyes his beard black, he will come black faced on the day of Qiyamah. The only exception is during Jihad.
Site

And I've never heard of "indigo" hair dye in Mid. East, I've seen blue dyes for fabrics - natural.
The only time dying beard black is allowed is during JIHAD, unless OBL was preparing to blow himself up, it was not allowed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

I think it depends on what part of the Middle East and what sect of Islam you are talking about. I was married to A Shia from Iraq thus living with his family, and friends. All of them spent more time cutting and dying their hair and trimming and dying their beards, waxing their eyebrows, using face creams, even shaving their bodies,. When I first met my husband I was partly drawn to him because he took such care of himself not realizing to what extreme. Now I tell people the men are so busy trying to look and dress great they wrap their women in black sheets because they don't want the competition. Therefore I don't see why it would be so strange for him to want to look good for the camera.

Well, Osama is a Sunni, not a Shia, that's for sure. He belong to Wahhabi school of thought. It's a very strict form of Islam. I know many 'liberal' Muslims who cut their beard, shave it etc... but we're discussing Osama, who dwelled in an ISLAMIC state of Pakistan.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Therefore I don't see why it would be so strange for him to want to look good for the camera.

I wholeheartedly agree! After all, do you know of any Hollywood created Bad Guy that does not want to look good for the camera? Obviously, his image was more important than the alleged extreme form of religion he was practicing.

Monty, I'm gonna play the shill card and go with what's behind Door #3 and say that OBL died his hair as a disguise, so he wouldn't be readily recognized. Ding, ding, ding...do I win?

I can see the news flash now:

Extremist Muslim bad guy gets worldwide following by worrying about his image, looking good for the camera and dissing his religion, while hiding out from the good guys. Silent film at 11.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm not saying he did or didn't - just that he could have - without using commercial products or chemical dyes...

Excerpt from the book that talks about cosmetics and dying with Henna and Indigo:

Medieval Islamic Civiliaztion

How to do it today:

Using henna and indigo to dye hair black

edit on 8-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The beard isn't just black its fuller.

How does anyone know for sure when any specific video was made?

Could be a dubbed older video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join