It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Photo of Mystery Cloud Ring

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
From the International Space Station, a unique cloud anomaly in a ring formation

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
rense.com has gone offline for now it seems....

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Awesome, it's back up. Check out that crazy picture!

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Where exactly is the ring over?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Guessing just the ocean, I can't make out any land.

=/

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Perhaps further South that is Antartica? Just a guess.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Could it be a nuke test site?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The planet here does not appear to be Earth. There is a big ring near the center of the image that looks like a crater. Possibly a photoshop construct?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hey Lysergic, can you provide a link to this? And is there a story that goes with it?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The planet isn't Earth?!

What other water filled planet are we looking at?

The site I first found it on had no story just the image and stating where it came from however i have found it on nasa's website.

Auroras over Canada with the Manicouagan impact crater in the foreground. Clouds and Earth's surface are illuminated by moonlight. "Here in the same picture we have two interesting space phenomena: asteroid impact damage on the surface of Earth and auroras," notes Pettit.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That could be a multitude of things, Glare, the aurora, an asteroid entering earth... *gasp* an alien craft?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
nice picture. If you were to take it on a black/grey scale, it kinda looks like the moon, but I do notice the blue hue around the horizon. What's with the green aura looking stuff? My guess is the orange on the left is some kinda light reflection. Any takers on that?

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw the crater, I guess its in Canada. The orange anomaly looks like it could be lens flare, but I don't know. And I didn't see any objects in the sky or in space.

So, from reading the article, could I surmise that this anomaly happens often?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Is the crator you are talking about the one on the bottom right corner of the image? if so it looks like crator shaped cloud to me. I would say that the orange is a reflection of some sort, could be a satellite or one from whereever it was taken, a space shuttle maybe? As for the green plasma looking stuff though i dont know? some sort of interferance maybe? or reflection from the earth?

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Some people are just doubters for no reason. The northern lights look kool though and the ring , weird?!?!?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Does the two words aurora borealis ring any bells? The green and yellow/orange stuff has to be northern lights. But the ring shaped cloud I don't know what could be. The best theory I think is either a nuclear testing or a meteor(ite) impact. Perhaps a giant smoke-ring from a volcanoe? Or a Hopi Indian sending a greeting to the city in the sky?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I said it was the aurora...
the ring cloud is what we were looking at...

it's neat whatever it was.. meteor impact, explosion whatever, looks cool to me

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Now that is weird.

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It looks like what is referred to as a "radar ring". These are atmospheric phenomena associated with HAARP transmissions in what is called "endothermic mode". Seismic activity is often associated within 48 hours of any radar ring sightings.

Do you have a date when this photo was taken?

www.greatdreams.com...

server2042.virtualave.net...

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think the picture was taken on March 24th

March 24, 2003: It's a weird place for an astronomer. Meteors fly underfoot. Auroras appear just inches in front of your nose. City lights twinkle, but stars don't

it looks like an ocean and i think i can see a small bit of land amongs the clouds towards the bottom of the earth.

Could the orange dots be asteroids, some before the ones that hit chicargo? www.nbc5.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join