It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If you read further you would see a police employee found the video and turned it over to command staff. The poilice, policed themselves in this case, so I am not surehwo your argument can hold water here.

Plus, this has nothing to do with a sovereign citizen argument, as much as people want to push that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All bullshirt aside, that type of takedown was not warranted.
So regardless of speculation on b.a.c. and prior unseen action, the engaement did not show provocation to exercise such force, forget the parents, or any other crap, what was unfolding, what was currently happening did NOT justify the force applied. Period

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The only other question I have is who took the video, and what prompted them to be in that exact place at that exact time near what appears to be the start of the incident?

Also, to avoid argumetns - I am not condoning the officers actions, but merely pointing out another angle that some might not consider.

What does that have to do with anything? I don't see any relevance.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Your response is part of the problem in the world. I bet you think your kids can do no wrong, don't you? And I bet all the teachers, police and other authority figures are the bad guys? Saying that the officer would be dead now is completely over the top. You need to grow up, I feel.

That girl was nothing but a pain in the arse, as most normal people can see. Notice how nobody present even bats an eyelid at what happens. I think that says a lot more than some of the drivel that's typed on here. Good luck to the officer and well done.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Indeed. She was small enough compared to him that she couldn't have resisted even if she had been given the opportunity to. He knocked her out before she had a chance to resist though....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Police say the only ones that do not like the police are criminals...

I think people don't like police because they do things like this... License to bully...

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I find it amazing that this is being so doggedly defended.

Really.

Threat? Kid at her school? Gonna run? Thought she "might have had a weapon"?

Really?

Tackle her to the ground like a 300 pound linebacker? Really?

REALLY?

Can you imagine Andy Griffith doing this on his show?

I am baffled.

I respect you all, but ..... REALLY?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillsmith
reply to post by ldyserenity

That girl was nothing but a pain in the arse, as most normal people can see. Notice how nobody present even bats an eyelid at what happens. I think that says a lot more than some of the drivel that's typed on here. Good luck to the officer and well done.

Well done?
Even other cops are saying this is excessive force.

This all happened so fast that no one except the camera possibly even saw it happen. His partner got out and started talking to the other people there. There was no indication that anything was about to be amiss until the cop knocked her into the wall. He wasn't yelling at her. Just once he spoke. Possibly no one even looked their way and by the time they did she was already on the ground because it happened so fast and without obvious warning.

Well done my ass. This is very obviously an excessive use of force.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That sort of agressive behavior can have terrible consequences.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Indeed. She was small enough compared to him that she couldn't have resisted even if she had been given the opportunity to. He knocked her out before she had a chance to resist though....

A 62 pound retarded one leg monkey could have approached, restrained, and applied cuffs to the girl, all while wearing an eye patch and spitting out sunflower seed hulls.
Sticking to the incident and the incident alone, unjustified force.
Now if we want to debate her motives or lack of discipline or her not being given enough chores or hugs to teach her respect and responsibility, we can go dr. phil on this event, but seriously, I dont care.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well, my kid personally, would not be drinking, but the point is, my kid does have a mouth, she has an attitude and she is 15 (this is typical of a 15 yr old girl in puberty, in case you don't know) Her being drunk in the video was not of consequence, what was, was the attitude the Cop beleive she displayed. That is the reason he attacked her, clearly.
In any scenario, what the D#head did was uncalled for. And when you sit there and defend their actions, do you think it'll get better for the public at large or worse?
Next time it's a simple traffic stop and they're assaulting your daughter who was a passenger. Think about that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Its possible that he perceived her movement as possibly having, or going for, a weapon on her persons, resulting in the push.

Now that I re-read your post I'm starting to doubt that you are actually a LEO like you say. If an officers has doubts that someone is armed the last thing they do is tackle them. They'd go for tazer/sidearm instantly. If he thought there was a weapon by tackling he put himself in danger.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Its very much relevant for investigative puirposes. They obviously were present when something occured, otherwise they never would have taken out their cell camera. Also, something occured prior to the recording that caught the persons attention, otherwise they never would have started recording.

Im just curuious what the person saw prior to recording. If the person is a true 3rd party independant witness, then what they saw is paramount in the investigation since its coming from an potentially unbiasedd 3rd party.

Thats all..

The goal of any investigation should be to uncover the truth, regardless of which party might be affected adversely. As with any incident, there are 3 sides -

Your side, their side and the truth.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wow Woody never seen that before..

He died?

Wow... Did that officer get charged with anything?!

Looks like a clear cut case of manslaughter at least!..
edit on 6-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Nope. Cleared of all charges pretty recently too if I remember correctly.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

What you are missing though is the fact I said I was going to offer some other possibilities. The video we all watched shows a wide angle, which means WE, as observers can see the actions of both the officer and the student.

However, that is not the view the female sees, nor is it the view the officer sees. All I pointed out, if you watch the video, the officer starts jogging towards the female, and you see her half turn and you see her hands move back to her front.

I offered the possibility that the officer may have felt she was going for a weapon. Contrary to what some people may think, we dont take a persons word for it that someone is not armed. In this case she was not armed, but as with everything, hindsight is 20/20.

And do me a favor, quit launching personal attack s against me. I have stated more than once in this thread I was not condoning the officers actions. I was merely pointing out alternatives as well as how the incident is going to be viewed by IA, which is going to piss people off who are calling for the cops head on a pike.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Had noticed.. But between my rusty english and being half asleep - its 0108 here.. Was attempting to point out the difference between old-fashioned peace officers and today's law officers .. Found it odd when the video clearly show excessive force - yet no prior complaints filed thus suspect people to afraid to file a complaint against him.. Nothing to do with the sovereign citizen bit - just an observation based on experience and understanding human nature..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

He did die - from a heart attack. He was present in a riot situation, when he should have been going home. He was being antagonistic and obstructive to a line of officers, slowly walking right in front of them, hands in pockets, pushing himself backwards. Obviously he was pushed to the ground to get him out of the way. Any normal person wouldn't have been present anyway but, if they managed to find themselves there, would have got out of the way asap.
When the guy did collapse, police officers administered first aid even though they were under a hail of bottles, rocks and other missiles.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Could it be that she was putting her hands up in the air? Like you see in movies as a sign of giving up or to show her hands had no weapons in them?
We have no idea, I just can't imagine why the family didn't press charges I would have.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Nah...the officer was already lunging towards her, before she started her turn. Her arms were a self defense mechanism that quite obviously had no affect. His mind was made up as he started running she was "going down."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join