It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

My misunderstanding...apologies.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realms

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by earthdude
Kids and parents don't really know that cops hurt you bad when you try and get away. My back has hurt for 30 years from a similar incident.

She wasn't even trying to get away, she was just walking on the sidewalk.

They claim she was attempting to walk away from the scene, but regardless, there have already been statements from other detectives who believe not only was this excessive force, but the girl didn't show any signs of obstructing justice, nor was she trying to resist.

It's a clear cut case, cop over stepped his boundaries...now he should be put in jail on the charges of excessive force, assault, assault on a minor...

Yes, she was walking away from the scene - but in no way could it be described as 'trying to escape'.

I'm glad to hear other cops have spoken out - it is totally outrageous. I agree with you, he should be put in jail on the grounds you cite.

link   
Why the need to do that?

Even if she had walked away, it isn't like they couldn't find out where she lived and pick her up later.

link   
I just noticed this was from Phoenix. Hell..she might have been a Mexican drug smuggler for all the cop knew. Or worse yet, she might have grown up to be an Obama supporter from Arizona. Clearly that wouldn't have been acceptable at all.

Why give her the chance to resist arrest. Just knock her out and cuff her before she knows what's going on.....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

We see too much of this sort of thing. This disgusting [SNIP] shhould be locked up for asault.

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed derogatory comment

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

NP. I was serious about the contempt of cop thing though. This has gotten out of hand and about the only way it is coming to light is through YouTube and other exposure across the internet. It used to be the only exposure came from the cops own videos...

Contempt of cop is law enforcement jargon in the United States for behavior by citizens towards law enforcement officers that the officers perceive as disrespectful or insufficiently deferential to their authority.The phrase is associated with arbitrary arrest and detention and is often discussed in connection to police misconduct such as use of excessive force or even police brutality as a reaction to disrespectful behavior rather than for any legitimate law enforcement purpose.

Arrests for "contempt of cop" may stem from a type of "occupational arrogance" when a police officer thinks he or she should not be challenged or questioned. From such officers' perspective, "contempt of cop" may involve perceived or actual challenges to their authority, including a lack of deference (such as by asserting one's constitutional rights[citation needed]), disobeying instructions, or expressing interest in filing a complaint against the officer. Flight from the police is sometimes considered a variant of "contempt of cop". "Contempt of cop" situations may be exacerbated if other officers witness the allegedly contemptuous behavior.

Charges such as disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and assaulting an officer may be cited as official reasons for a "contempt of cop" arrest. Obstructing an officer or failure to obey a lawful order is also cited in "contempt of cop" arrests in some jurisdictions, particularly as a stand-alone charge without any other charges brought.

en.wikipedia.org...

She didn't stop walking. I heard him once say "come here," or something like that to her. When she didn't comply his "occupational arrogance" kicked in. How dare she disobey him...

edit on 6-5-2011 by webpirate because: updated what I heard the cop say

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

The defitinon of resisting arrest will vary from state to state. Resiting arrest can also be an officer telling a person to stop, and the person refuses to comply.

Apparently in Phoenix Arizona its a bit more loosely worded -
Phoenix, Arizona, Code of Ordinances >> PART II - THE CODE >> Chapter 23 - MORALS AND CONDUCT >> ARTICLE II. - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC SAFETY >> DIVISION 1. - INTERFERING WITH POLICE FUNCTIONS

Any person who shall knowingly or willfully obstruct, resist or oppose any policeman or other officer of the City authorized to make arrests, in serving or attempting to serve any lawful process or order of the City magistrate or of any court of the City, or in the performance of any official duty, or who shall assault or beat any such officer or person duly authorized, when serving or executing, or attempting to serve or execute, or because of having served or executed, or attempted to serve or execute, any order or process of official duty, or when engaged in the performance of any official duty, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

If the officer told her to stop, and she refused, she is resisting / obstructing an arrest in Phoenix.

and again, not siding with the police, jsut pointing out their ordinance. Also, as I pointed out in the last page, the video we are watching is a wide view that shows the actions of both the female, and the cop. Move the camera angle to either one of those people and you cant see what the other peson is doing.

The cop is coming up behind her, she turns partly around, and all you see are hands moving around towards her front again. It could have been perceived as a threat by the officer, not knowing if she had a weapon or not.
As far as other officers commenting on the video, I remind people its what the officer perceived the moment the use of force occured, not 20/20 hindsight.

Has anyone found any information that shows any type of complaint was filed by the female or her parents / guardians agains the officer / department? Ive been looking and am not finding anything from that side of things.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
"What, the land of the free??

Whoever told you that is your enemy!!"

link   
I saw this video a while ago.

Those of you who know me know that i do not call police brutality every time the police get physical.

But this was SO totally unjustified.

Keep it up officers. Do you or don't you want people on your side?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

I totally agree....they claimed she was intoxicated, and per the statements of doctors and police, when intoxicated, your motor skills are impaired. Thus the DUI laws? With that...it would suggest that her motor skills were impaired, and may not have understood the directions given, ( if any ), but that still doesnt make the officers actions " ok". He knew she was impaired, no need for brutal force.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I saw this video a while ago.

Those of you who know me know that i do not call police brutality every time the police get physical.

But this was SO totally unjustified.

Keep it up officers. Do you or don't you want people on your side?

There is a majority of the minority aged 50 to 40 that I feel, get it, that still adhere to the human code,
the rest I feel are power tripping and it's attracting even more wackjob candidates that are getting accepted and put in contact with us on a regular basis,
also the increase in these types of actions is finding its justification
in the natural resistance to "these types of actions.
It's a twisted downward dysfunctional slide.
Buckle in, rough ride up ahead.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Of course everyone goes on and on about the bad evil cop

Did you read that?
"The girl was allegedly being removed from school on January 25 because she assaulted a male teacher and her mother, with police believing she had been drinking.

She was reportedly serving alcohol out of a water bottle to other students and was belligerent and drunk, a police spokesman said."

What the [snip] is wrong with that [snip]? 15 years old? drinking? serving alcohol to other kids? Honestly...what kind of white trash stupidity are her parents, having raised a stupid little kid like that?

One can hope that the cop at least punched some sense in that stupid little kid

And sorry that i don't chime in in the 'bash all the cops'-thing that is so popular. A drunk kid is a way bigger problem that a cop that shows a little roughness.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

A drunk kid is a way bigger problem that a cop that shows a little roughness.

Yeah tell that to us when the country collapses and martial law is kicked in, and it is the cops telling you to return to your house, with a handful of hair on your head, and your teeth punched in! But the next door neighbor drunkard, yeah, she's really a threat to you huh?

Are you drunk?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

If that was my daughter, the cop would be dead now!

Yes I will go to prison for my kids. I am a mother, and if people mess with my kids, I will act without thinking or regard for their right to remain living. I am sorry, but that's how I roll.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Yes I will go to prison for my kids. I am a mother, and if people mess with my kids, I will act without thinking or regard for their right to remain living. I am sorry, but that's how I roll.

And rightfully so! Its instincts to protect our young. Regardless of gender, just part of the " animal " kingdom. Wild animals protect their young....it is a genetically passed on gene.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Are you really that naive to think that every single Military and Police officer is going to side with a government who declares martial law"?.

It has nothing to do with the threaad topic at all. Could we maybe stick to that topic instead of dragging this into an area based on paranoia and stereotyping?

respectfully...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Yeah. The biggest problem I see though is from what we can tell in the video, the cop didn't even really have time to size up her attitude. Or her demeanor, her intoxication. He got out of his car....spoke once, then WWE'd her into the wall at a high rate of speed.

It might have been different had they pulled up while watching her assault a male teacher, then running away as she saw the cops. Still not justification for the amount of force he used, but it might have been more understandable.

No...what I see out of this is the cop was evidently having a bad day for some other reason BEFORE he encountered her. And the girl was just conveniently handy for him to take his frustrations out on.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

If that were your kid, you would be under investigation as well to determine why the kid has a drinking problem, and where she obtained the alcohol.

I love how when kids get out of control, the parents blame the police and everyone else for their failings. What you are saying is personal accountibility and control is irrelevant unless applied to the police.

Why the double standard?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Shows the difference between peace officer and law officer ..
A peace officer would have handled the situation calmly without resorting to use of excessive force. Whereas law officer resorts to force without even thinking.
Noticed the article stated no complaints had been filed against the officer previously - maybe people were too afraid of him with good reason..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join