It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama doesn't matter.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Nearly a decade later and here we sit; safer? Are we any safer than prior to 9-11-2001? Are we really in any more danger?

People are now being constantly molested and or irradiated just as a condition of flying, of wanting to cross the country in less than several days. Countless Americans have consented to a 4th amendment violating unreasonable (and increasingly so) search and seizure of their person and property. The Patriot act and the ever increasing measures against our rights slowly prepare our society for total collapse when you will be nothing more than a number on a list.

What do so many fail to realize?

Osama doesn't matter, he never mattered; what followed 9/11 did.

Be he live or dead; real or fake. The only thing that matters is the narrative.

------------------------
-America is attacked, emotions come to a head.
-Americans happily give up their rights/politicians sell them down the river after starting one war.
-Another war is started and the would-be despots tighten their grips, renew unconstitutional laws and every so often there is a terror scare to keep the populous afraid.
-Both wars become stagnant quagmires that yield no discernible results and no foreseeable end.
-Drone attacks begin crossing illegally into Pakistan as targets flee over the border
-SEAL Team 6 is loaded into a stealthed-out Blackhawk and flown into another country's sovereign territory to (supposedly) capture a single man; the apparent “face of terror”.
-Firefight ensues, events disputed by several sources but target is shot dead. Body is removed, dumped at sea .
-Government tells world.
-American people celebrate wildly: softly approving of the ten years it took to get OBL with renewed nationalism.
-Government refuses to release proof.
----------

Conclusion:
The American Government does what it wants, when it wants; and the American people love it.

It's time we sit down as a country and take a long hard look at where we came from and where we're headed if this trend continues. What we sacrificed, everything we gave up and changed about our very way of life for the illusion of safety is nothing but a pure admission of defeat to the very terrorists we've somehow claimed a victory over.
edit on 5/6/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/6/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I honestly feel the biggest threat I face each day is living life while interacting with the police state. Sometimes it takes way more submission to prying, monitoring and harassing and that I can conjure. I was the same when I was a teen and had my parents lording over my every thought and move in life. I feel like adult Americans have been demoted to children under the "care" of an touchey and dangerous step father.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by sara123123
reply to post by eNumbra

I feel like adult Americans have been demoted to children under the "care" of an touchey and dangerous step father.

I don't think I could describe it better and feel the same.

I'm more afraid today of the TSA than of any actual flight or terrorists; I won't go so far as to use the "one man's terrorist..." cliche, but it's clear that the Government of the United States and our so-called enemies have a lot more in common than anybody would probably like to admit.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I agree, Osama didn't do the bombings etc he got people to do it for him by twisting the Koran and some people are just to open to suggestion (hence his following).

With Osama gone that only means that there is now a job opening.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The American Government does what it wants, when it wants; and the American people love it.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't agree 100% with love, but there is no doubt we get use to it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've flown quite a few times since TSA and have never been molested nor do I think 99% of the people who fly have. Usually you just walk through the detector and that's it.

If your getting molested constantly there's probably a lesson there for you to learn like don't forget to take metal off your person.

And what rights have you specifically lost since 9/11. I'm betting your rights are exactly the same as before that event happened. Unless your commiting terrorist acts in your off time I would expect that you haven't noticed one single difference.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I've flown quite a few times since TSA and have never been molested nor do I think 99% of the people who fly have. Usually you just walk through the detector and that's it.

If your getting molested constantly there's probably a lesson there for you to learn like don't forget to take metal off your person.

flew to Los Angeles recently actually, I was taken through a regular metal detector and given a quick pat down of my legs because me pants are a little baggier than usual. Everybody over about 250lbs in our group was specifically picked out for the new imaging scanners. On our way back one of the guys refused the imager and got the "enhanced pat-down".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Th eworld is a dangerous cut throat place, our government shields us its constituents from the worst by ensuring Law and Order prevails and we tolerate zero attacks by foreign powers.

I say we should stand up and clap Osama, if the Eastern powers had us with no defenses or balls , we may know then of hell on Earth.

Have we any idea what those who bear us grudges will do to men women and children of the west if they ever get a sniff of a chance?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Have we any idea what those who bear us grudges will do to men women and children of the west if they ever get a sniff of a chance?

Yes, drone strikes in Pakistan, and boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan and air support in Libya keep me safe.

Keep telling yourself that, I hope it comforts you at night.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Yes, drone strikes in Pakistan, and boots on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan and air support in Libya keep me safe.

Keep telling yourself that, I hope it comforts you at night.

Well the Chinese will love that attitude mate, why do we think we are in these hot spots?

The Chinese are waiting ....its a chess game ,a game they invented.

Its fairly opaque , we are at war with China, it just hasn't been declared.

new topics

top topics

join