It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

73,846 US Iraq War Soldiers Dead How they manipulated the numbers to fool you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by romka71

You have misinterpreted the report.
The deaths they list are not deaths on the battlefield, but all deaths after they have left the service for the past decade. This is just an actuarial accounting method to determine insurance risk/military health benefits that could accrue. That is why the chart shows 7,000,000 troops have been deployed over the decade, not the 150,000 that are there now. The 7,000,000 troops that went into a hazard area get extra pay and extra benefits, ie health and insurance for the rest of their life. By keeping track of who died, the government no longer has to keep as large of a reserve fund for the dead's future upkeep.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by romka71

More than 1,820 tons of radioactive nuclear waste (i.e. depleted uranium) were exploded in Iraq alone in the form of armor piercing rounds and bunker busters. This represents the worlds worst man made ecological disaster ever. 64 kg of uranium were used in the Hiroshima bomb. The U.S. Iraq Nuclear Holocaust represents far more than fourteen thousand Hiroshima's

that there is pretty much says it all. blowing around the desert sands for years. thats the worst place for it 2.

game over!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
To other parts of the world, that comes as good news.

PS: Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think its since we went over there when Clinton was president

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've heard they count only those who have american citizenship but I dunno actually.
edit on 6-5-2011 by PapagiorgioCZ because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
.gov statistics on current deaths

Just for your information, here are the accurate numbers directly from defense.gov
Check it out, the previous numbers are hyper inflated and have little to do with the war effort casualties.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

Nice just count every veteran or soldier who dies since 1990, as Gulf War Dead.

By this standard, World War 1 had over 65 million dead.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First off, Yes, please do some reading before you post such a gross and misleading thread title. The OP should be ashamed to post this and to say that the numbers have been manipulated. All in all 75,000 casualties in 17 years is actually pretty low considering this is just a death number for active duty military over a near 20 year span.

Just to play devils advocate here, if there is 7,000,000 deployed troops listed on this thing, and 75,000 casualties, then that amounts to 1% of deployed troops being casualties, I would have to say that is a pretty good number.
ultimately it sounds insensitive to put percentages and numbers and dollar signs on peoples lives, but ultimately sometimes that is the best decision. Sometimes easy choices are not presented and things have to be broken down to make a decision that potentially saves more lives than it costs.

The military all signed up for service ( God bless them all, I have family in the service and respect and honor them for what they do), and most all had some inclination that a deployment and war was occurring at the time they signed up. They at least knew the dangers going in and signed up for this. I am not saying our motivations for being in this war make any sense whatsoever, but it won't change the fact that they get paid to represent the USA, and that we are in fact at war, and that they knew the dangers and potentials going in.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So many people giving excesses for the hidden losses.
it is to easy to hide the true numbers.
only count those on active combat duty.
not those on R&R or those who die of wounds later.
and the generals can push the line between
active and non active duty very far.

in England the police dont let the public know about
the race hate crimes that are done to white by Muslims.
I have seen two people stabbed to death by about 10 Muslims.
and the police turn up within 4 minuets!
two van 3 car and a helicopter? they must have been ready.
I tried to find out more from the police and press.
for days after. and as far as they knew it did not happen.
grate way to keep the crime fingers low.

the number of unemployed.
the keep them waiting for six months to get full unemployed benefit.
and they just look for the slightest mistake.
so they can refuse them unemployed benefit.
all this and more.
it keeps the number of unemployed Low!

the government bend the numbers with every trick they can.
if you believe what they say.
then you are a fool. you should find out more.
ask a statistician how to make bad numbers look good.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They killed the PDF - anyone have it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Talking like a true patriot as usual, yes but how sad that on one day we kill the boggy man that supposedly started all, so hell the families of those kill base on lies can find rest.

What a joke I am so angry is not funny, my family lost three members prior wars, all we got is that they were heroes I guess that is enough to satisfy the reason why they had to die.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by romka71

This is ALL BS because how can over 1,000,000 disability claims have been flied when there are not even 1,000,000 people in all of the US Militarys branches combined! Also, I was in the U.S. Marine Corp having done 2 tours fo duty in Iraq and I can tell you all for damn sure 73,000 U.S. Servicemen have not been killed. Guys were dropping like flies in Falloujah and then only about 200 men were killed. The bottom line is we are good, we are efficient, and our casuality rate decreases by 90% every generation.

WWII US SERVICE DEATHS: 500,000
VIETNAM: 50,000
IRAQ: 5,000

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Two words will tell you why no one gives a damn...

VOLUNTEER SOLDIER

Let the buyer beware...

Go to war? Take your chances.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

The volunteer arm forces were establish after Vietnam, I lost my grandfather in world war two and one uncle in Korea, the second uncle during Vietnam.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The page is not found. Apparently its been pulled.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The volunteer arm forces were establish after Vietnam, I lost my grandfather in world war two and one uncle in Korea, the second uncle during Vietnam.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost two high school buddies in Viet Nam. The current crop of wars are undefined and exploit the young. I would never advise a young person to go into one of these non-declared wars. If congress doesn't have the guts to declare war, damned if I'd go.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That statement is cowardice.

You don't want to be in the military? Fine that's your choice. You don't have to serve in it to be patriotic, but do not disparage those who take your place and sacrifice their rights to give you the freedom to be a plushy armchair commando.

The OP statement flat out misleading if not a complete lie.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Um the Iraq War started 21 years ago folks.

21 years is plenty of time to rack up casualty numbers like this.

Also, don't forget how many helicopter crashes etc there are. These types of wrecks (even mostly accidental) can easily inflate the death toll values extremely quickly. You have to remember many of the downed chopper incidents can have up to 20 or more dead in one shot...

So when will US troops finally leave the region? When we drain all the oil and loot the ancient artifacts?

Let's get them the hell outta there today! And get them home and have a bbq. War is freaking gross and sick and psychopathic. A BBQ in my backyard is drunk, fun, and winning.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Nothing to be sorry about, they served the country.

My father comes from a large family as used to be back in the days, My brother served in the navy and my husband retired as a Marine.

I told my son that if he wanted to join any service brand that was his choice.

Is nothing wrong with service the nation, my problem is like you what wars are fought this days.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It was also reported years ago that if an injured soldier is taken out of one of these countries, for example to Germany for hospitalization, or any other country, and they die, they also are not counted as a casualty of the war.

This is not surprising considering that warfare itself is based on lots and lots of deception. War for profit is even less moral, and what do you really expect? Complete honesty and total transparency? My ass.

Less than 1000 people died in the first Gulf War. So even if this number includes those, that's still way more than the media generally reports. Of course there are other sources for these figures that by definition are not "mainstream." The flock will follow what best herds them though I suppose.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join