It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vehicle Tracking Device

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So, I've been noticing these ads - SHRP 2 Naturalistic Driving Study - in my school newspaper about this paid research study where they place a detector on your car for up to two years! in order to see your driving patterns. This is all done in order to understand better highway congestion and why accidents happen. Now, if you check their website, www.shrp2nds.us..., the qualifications are very minimal.. over 16, and own a vehicle. Research is conducted in mostly major cities in US (as seen on the map on their site). They also want you to recruit participants. All of this is done with your consent, so if anything, they will not be liable.

Could this be a part of some sinister plan? After seeing these in my school's newspaper, and ignoring them, I logged into Craigslist to check out local jobs and again, this advertisement.
edit on 5/5/2011 by EternalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's just the beginning.

Commercially there's the opt-in Progressive Snapshot.

This will be default in every vehicle soon enough just like seat belts, anti-lock brakes, air bags, etc....

Started as a feature then became a mandate.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
What if...

What if a bunch of people got together and got this thing, but with the intention of skewing the results?

Figure out what data they expect to find, then do something totally different, so they kind of scratch their heads and go WTF?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

you know what it is exactly what it says it is
there really is not a nwo conspiracy in everything i am actually saddened at how you must live your life if you see a conspiracy in everything mankind does to make our world a better and safer place for the rest of us
please remove the tinfoil hat and join us in the real world

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Interesting idea. I say go for it. Personally I will never own a vehicle newer than 1994 model year. Nothing with OBD II or higher diagnostics. I will certainly never own anything with LOJACK or any other tracking system. I already only use disposable cell phones for which I pay cash. I don't trust any of this stuff.

new topics

top topics

join