It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside bin Laden's lair with SEAL Team Six

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Inside bin Laden

www.guardian.co.uk

Associated Press= WASHINGTON (AP) — So much could have gone wrong as SEAL Team Six swept over Pakistan's dark landscape, dropped down ropes into a compound lined by wall after wall, exchanged gunfire and confronted "Geronimo" face to face. The vital things went right.

Just about every contingency the 25 commandos trained for came at them, rapidly, chaotically and dangerously, in their lunge for Osama bin Laden.

They had acted on the best intelligence the U.S. had ever had on bin Laden's whereabouts since he slipped away in the mountains of Tora Bora just under a decade ago. But i
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: title was wrong

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Im posting this because more is shown to be different from previous versions we have heard before, so putting it up more for a record of what is being stated on the matter...

Things like the worry about Pakistan military involvement, in the beggining we were told it was a joint effort. where individuals were encountered and killed etc...

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Answers one question - about how everybody, snached computers and prisoners, all got out in the one helicopter.
So two Chinooks were sent into Pakistani airspace, loaded
with backup teams, just in case. One of those Chinooks landed
in the compound after the Black Hawk became inoperable.

..but I'm puzzled as to why, on what was just another random night for the compound, that people would be expected to be wearing suicide vests? Does the Bin Laden family normally do that every night? Seems an odd thought to have.
The SEALs went in with the assumption that some of those they
encountered might be wearing explosive suicide vests.

...one SEAL grabbed a woman, fearing she might be wearing
a suicide vest, and pulled her away...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think the suicide vest ideas were spawned by OBL himself when he stated he would never be taken alive and that he would have explosives on him... Things would have turned out very diff for the seals had a few of those inside had such vests Im sure... But then who would be willing to set off explosives in the presence of family members and or children, one thing in thier minds to end thier own lives but another to harm whats important to you. So much just does not make sense....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
more discrepancies in the original version.

However, officials speaking anonymously told The Associated Press that bin Laden appeared to be lunging for a weapon in a room that contained his trademark AK-47 assault rifle and side arms.

this quote from the link in the OP.

Original Official Story claims OBL was shot
over his left eye in the head.

How in the heck can you shoot someone
over the eye when they are looking elsewhere
for a weapon. The head would NOT be in a
position for this. It would have been facing sideways
or even backwards trying to find the weapon.

The only way for the OS and this article can be true
is if OBL was shot in the chest first and when he fell
to the floor. The SEAL went over and capped him
once more in the head to be sure he was dead.
And that is murder.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

God this story is worse propaganda than when i went to america and saw that the people working at the immigration part of the airport (where they check your passport and ask you to state why your in the US) Had a big sign on the wall with one of them saluting in front of a large american flag background with the words :
'We are Americas first line of defence'

Pfft.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Maybe they wernt sure if they'd been tipped off?
I mean, Someone in Pakistan surely had intel from abroad and has used it to help and assist the Taliban.

Imagine 15 suicide bombers hiding around corners in a dark complex... they could take out entire teams of seals.

Dont get me wrong, I am under no illusion about the honesty of this operation, but surely seals would enter a complex expecting the worst and preparing for it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This administration is really riddles with amateurs? Are they trying to make themselves look like morons? Seriously, you would think they would have their stories straight before going public.... How many different versions have been told already? 15? Jeez, every time someone opens their mouth, it's a different story.... And the talking heads are just smiling and nodding, and people are cheering and high fiving..... I heard ADD was a pandemic before, but come on this is ridiculous!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You know, these little differences in stories, to me, make this more likely to be real.

It's what happens in real situations like this, particularly situations as volatile and shrouded in secrecy as this.

If they had come out with a perfect story, this would set alarm bells off for me.

They would also have the (fake) pics ready to go, and be willing to get them out there asap.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
You know, these little differences in stories, to me, make this more likely to be real.

in respect I would have to disagree
with ya. It sounds more like bad planning
of the PR cover story. The head of the
panel to put out the disinfo just gave
general details and thusly the leakers
interpreting those details differently
and relaying them to the press.

just my 2 pence

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Simply selling your house the story changes as you go. A military operation surly never goes as planned. How fast does one think all of the detail will come to light?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Still can't get away from the chucking of the body into the ocean. Now this is supposed to not make the muslims mad. Of course capping him in the head wouldn't already do that. LOL.

new topics

top topics

join