It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soros orders an emergency sell off, but the dollar is still tanking fast!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Gold, Silver Drop as Soros Fund Said to Dump Precious Metals
reply to post by CodeRed3D

You call it dumping, I'll call it banking, or just plan genius. (evil genius)

I mean silver reached $50 oz. What better time to sell of sh*t load?
edit on 5-5-2011 by IndieA because: addition

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

It's likely just a head fake. He's announced, and probably has, dumped a fair share of his PM holdings. So he causes a panic sell, the market becomes flooded with supply, and the price drops rather quickly. Then he just buys it back up, even doubles or triples what he had before selling, and overall just banked hardcore! I expect another 10 days or so of silver dropping before heading for the moon. We'll see.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Maybe. But ... isn't that exactly what investing is?

Anyone holding metals not for long term holdings should have been prepared to dump for the past two weeks. Cant go up forever.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah, we will see.

The price action today made me a little sick to my stomach and I haven't even gotten in yet. More or less my ego taking a pounding as I didn't think we would cross a dime below $35.

Now I am looking back on the 80's crash and it looks eerily similar to what is transpiring now. It isn't that I do not believe the price can't go back up, but with it taking about now $100,000 to get into the futures market I see this very difficult for the time being. We will bounce somewhere, but where is that somewhere and how big will the bounce be?

go to link in my profile if this picture doesnt end up fitting

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ae981beff65.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
soros probably sold off a ton of PM's, then shorted it, THEN ordered the "emergency sell off" info to leak.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Study history folks! This is a deliberate attempt to create a selling frenzy of gold and silver so that everyone begins to sell it off then Soros will send in his henchmen to buy it up at rock bottom price.

History repeats itself only if we are too dumb to recognize it in time to stop it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes, it's just smart business, except there does seem to be a deceptive ploy involved...if it is occurring as I've laid out. So it's not illegal, but IMO it's unethical to set the impression that you are doing one thing, and really do another. Especially so if you've got as much influence as Soros. What is so pathetic is a good chunk of the reason that this guy makes so much wealth is because he plays the rest for insane suckers...and they totally are. He does this same play over and over again, and people idolize him, and take his word as reality. Pathetic.

Anyways, I traded paps 10 coins I purchased for under $20/oz last Thursday, to charge ~$450 for a new HTPC. That's just a small bit of my holdings, and I plan on flipping most of my paper savings into even more physical silver rounds once the bottom is hit. I've intuited this was going to happen for some time now, and am calling it bouncing back within 10 days or so. We'll see!
edit on 5-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm with you. There just isn't any fundamental news to support a trend change. I'm really getting the impression now that the big players are strapping into their life boats.

Considering the CTFC put the kibosh on paper trading commodities in any other currency other than the USD for US citizens last October, those investers are dumping the paper. There will most likely be a shift from USD to physical commodities or international accounts. If that scenario doesn't play out within the next few days, it won't be much longer before it will.
edit on 5-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Actually it is illegal to have your firm announce your doing one thing and do another. It's no different than a pump and dump scheme, which is also illegal.

I believe news stations like MSNBC, CNBC and CNN all are in cohorts with the biggest investment funds to give false information in order to swindle investors, but I don't think a single investing firm has the ability to so openly break so many laws.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
there was going to be a tirade of selling.....of risk assets silver/oil/ stocks at some point as the end of qe 2 approaches and a risk off period approaches......the ecb saying no hikes helped the dollar put in a short term bottom (apparently) and that was a great time w/ leverage investments to run for exits. gold has been much less volatile then silver/oil. and to this point so have stocks.....stocks should get whacked inbetween the period of qe2 runnin out and qe3 being announced......not sure when next transports/ industrial support line is but they could sell off if dollar bounces a few more days.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
watch the barometer of risk appetite

www.forexpros.com...

great leading indicator

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You haven't seen nothing yet. Wait until next week.

The market is going to look like a five year old tried to put together a 5000 piece puzzle.

Margin requirements are out of control

Paper's not so cool anymore.

edit on 7-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Actually it is illegal to have your firm announce your doing one thing and do another. It's no different than a pump and dump scheme, which is also illegal.

That's the catch RP, the Soros Fund never announced it's trading activity, and the 'selling' rumor remains just that, an "unconfirmed rumor". I'd like to repeat that part with gusto...unconfirmed rumor. And since the Wall St. Journal was quoting an annonymous leak, it would be very difficult for regulators to implicate the fund manager in fraud & manipulation even if they were so inclined......rainy day in hell I say!.

The WSJ claims the Soros Fund sold PM assets during the past month, if this is in fact the case, then they sold into rising prices...just look at the charts. This means the market absorbed the selling and kept on rising. It isn't that difficult for a good trader to camouflage his "asks" when volume is surging in a rising market. The actual selling didn't crash the market...but Oy Vey!...those rumors after the fact can have a tremendous impact on market psychology.

There's nothing illegal about selling into strength, in fact it's smart, but if this rumor was "leaked" near the top to aid & abet the bullion banks, and to inspire fear so shares could be repurchased on the cheap as unityemissions suspects...then it gets kinda sketchy...problem is, when it comes to the mover & shakers, the Soros' & Buffet', our regulators have no incentive to track-down annonymous leakers, and even if they did...the Soros Fund itself , including the hierarchy, would remain untouchable.

The market is a shady place, whether we like it or not, rumors move markets, and rumors abound.

Here's another one for ya from the wayback machine. Wonder if the CFTC launched an investigation to determine the identity of these rumor mongers as they manipulated the price of Gold up ?

Rumors of Buying by Soros Send Gold Prices Surging
Gold prices jumped again yesterday, amid rumors that the billionaire financier George Soros was starting to buy gold once more.

In lively trading on the Commodity Exchange in New York, gold for December delivery jumped $4.40 an ounce, to $372.40. Partly because of a late Wednesday rally, gold prices have shot up $8.80 an ounce in two days. -Full Text

Kinda cute huh? "Gold Prices Surging - up $8.80 in two days" - Yawn

edit on 7-5-2011 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join