It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Hate You

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Looking at that love thread made me sick to my stomach. On ATS, we are supposed to discuss conspiracy theories, not make meaningless threads with zero content. Very much so, I know others will agree with me. Eerily speaking, this site has gone from bad to worse over the last few months. Trying to find a decent thread in the pile of birther and deather threads are becoming harder and harder each day. How many threads must I wade through in order to find a thread worth my time? One? Several? Easier said than done. Why must I spend that amount of effort to begin with? Here on this website many years ago, you rarely found a troll responding, and all viewpoints were discussed openly. Only recently do people attack each other on a personal level instead of focusing on their arguments. Honesty and integrity have been replaced by sarcastic one-liners that earn you hundreds of stars. A miracle would have to take place nowadays for a thread with intelligent content made by a member with a WATS index of less than 10 to reach the front page, let alone get any replies. To love or not to love should not be the question. Even if you find love, love alone will not save you from the degradation of both the real world and an online message board alike.

You see, only a small percentage of folks here will understand what I am trying to convey. On the flip side, if you do, you will prove to others and yourself that you know how to look for the deeper message. Unfortunately, most will not only never find it but will not care to even try.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Indeed, I would prefer to understand someone or something before I love it. To love it first seems to me to be naive and foolish.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

One could always go into forums that interest you, and ignore the front page. I usually lurk in forums I like, and recent posts myself. Unless I got a lot of replies to respond to, I usually hit there first.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i hate being with ppl for a while, i love just being alone in my privacy

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I somewhat agree with you in that there is an awful lot of cr@p floating around in here but as a new member Ive never known any different.

I disagree that this is a site exclusively for CT, take for example the forum this is posted in

Philosophy and Metaphysics: This new AboveTopSecret.com forum is for the discussion of a wide range of non-religous topics: Consciousness, Mind, Epistemology, Psychology, Philosophy, Metaphysics, Self-Empowerment, Knowledge and also fringe subjects such as Mind-Control and Psychotronic Manipulation. All in all this will be an \"intellectual & philosophical cafe\" with a focus on everything from mental relaxing and non-religious personal balance, to conspiracies and speculation related to influencing the mind.

Nothing about CT there.

I always thought of ATS as a place for people who dont necessarily buy into the current MSM worldview and it was a place they could meet like minded people and discuss topics that were relevant to them.
But as I said Im new here so maybe Im wrong.

ATS probably started as an exclusive club for tin foil hat wearers but like anything if you dont adapt and evolve you die.

I personally love ATS and its diversity and wouldnt change a thing

(OK maybe I would change the amount of threads that are allowed on 1 topic, I too am sick of seeing OBL threads with nothing new to say. Seriously people get over it)

Edit: LOL my bad, should have said this forum isnt EXCLUSIVELY for CT. It does say clearly in the description that mind control conspiracies are part of this forum. Excuse me while I remove my foot from my mouth

edit on 4-5-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

That's okay. Like I said, only a few people will understand the psychological aspect of my post. There are those who will see it instantly, and there are others who will never see it until they see the post that will be posted in this thread eventually saying what it's all about.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

So let me get this right you expect more threads with intelligent content and come up with this?
Talk about double standards!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

oh my loved friend, love is not zero content, these threads are just a little fresh air among all this doom and gloom and widespread pessimism.
dont hate it, smile, let it go.... tomorrow you can get back 10 threads about the osama death

dont hate me, i love you!

link   

Hate is always jealous of love. It's okay though... I still love you.

link   

So im guessing this thread isnt on of those meaningless threads youre referring to?

link   
You know on ATS we have multiple forums for multiple discussions on many more things than just conspiracies...

Such as the philosophy forum, which is where the threads you speak of are posted.

That said, I love you.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

From the onset, it is. You know how people post psychological games in this forum as a test?

nithaiah would have figured this out in a heart beat.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Thank you for the opportunity.

I appreciate and respect your role too.

Namaste.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
That's so weird that the topic of love made you "sick to your stomach". You must not be doing something right. I love conspiracy theory and a good debate. But I love metaphysics and the idea of love in all regards exponentially more. I wish you could be a little happier. Maybe you have been so absorbed in the negative it's beginning to affect you on some inner level. I hope not but based on your thread it seems that way. I usually don't do this... But I am going to send you some loving energy tonight. I don't know who you are but if you could be a little more positive I'm sure it will not only help you but all of those around you. I really am gonna send you a little love in my thoughts. Even I'm shocked by my wanting to do this. It's so unlike me.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Id be happy for you to educate me on what you mean and what the psychological aspects are.

Once again Ive only been here a month and any advice from a veteran would be welcomed

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Love you!

:lol

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Naptown317

irony is a B$%#h

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
ATS bills itself as a place to discuss conspiracy AND "alternative" topics.

Not everything here is about conspiracies. In fact, I'd say at least 50% of it of it isn't. That's OK. That goes under the "alternate" flag. And thankfully, I might add. All conspiracy all the time would be a little too dour and narrow for me. I like to see what else the conspiracy-minded are thinking about. It usually turns out to be incredibly fascinating.

If I can find one single good thread that holds my attention and captivates me, I don't care if there are ten inane threads next to it with no meaning. by the same token, If I can find ten good threads, I don't care if there are a hundred nonsensical ones. And to carry it further, if I can find a hundred good threads, it will keep me busy for quite some time, no matter how many thousands of witless threads there are to ignore. ATS has yet to disappoint me on any of these levels.

edit on 5/4/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

No conversation's worth having if everyone happens to be in agreement. It's a shame that most of the n00bs on ATS are beholden to the shrink-wrapped philosophy that if the other person disagrees it's better to berate them rather than try to understand their thinking. Nothing is gained pointlessly yelling. Similarly nothing is gained by blindly agreeing.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I love you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join