It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Everyone Believes Bin Laden Is Really Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Not Everyone Believes Bin Laden Is Really Dead

www.military.com

WASHINGTON -- Knowing there would be disbelievers, the U.S. says it used convincing means to confirm Osama bin Laden's identity during and after the firefight that killed him. But the mystique that surrounded the terrorist chieftain in life is persisting in death.

Was it really him? How do we know? Where are the pictures?

Already, those questions are spreading in Pakistan and surely beyond. In the absence of photos and with his body given up to the sea, many people don't believe bin Laden -- the Great Emir to some, the fabled escape artist of the Tora Bora mountains to foe and friend a
(visit the link for the full news article)

+5 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
While many in America and throughout the Western World have doubts as to just when and precisely Bin Laden died it seems much of the controversy shaping up in the Eastern/Islamic world is if Bin Laden has died.

Much like the death of Adolf Hitler where the circumstances prevented many from having the certainty and with it the closure most would have preferred, the US Governments rather suspect and circumspect handling of the flow of information and amount of it regarding the Al Qaeda Leader’s sudden demise, as well as the disposition of his earthly remains has left many with far more questions than answers.

Presumably Hitler played a hand in fostering the confusion over his own death, allegedly insisting his final remains be burned beyond recognition, setting off a controversy between the Soviets and the Americans that lingered for decades as to whether he was alive or dead, and whether the remains found were actually his.

In this unusual case it wasn’t the villain himself frustrating the efforts but the so called ‘good guys’ the US Government shrouding and clouding the picture for maximum political gains, and to a certain extent presumably to sew the seeds of confusion that history shows ultimately must come from such a high profile personality meeting an end that leaves a lot of questions, and rather important ones such as, did he even meet his end at all.

Whether part of a psyops, shameful inside the beltway political maneuvering, incompetence or all of the above, the premise of “We got the man” doesn’t have the finality or effect if you purposefully fall short of proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did.

What game is Washington playing here and to what end?

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't either. The reason being that if this were really what happened they would have pictures, video, and a documentary about how they killed the #1 terrorist in the world. They would not have "disposed" of the body immediately. But it is getting close to re-election time so what better time than now??

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is from the blog of a BBC reporter who is in Cairo

In the vox pops the overwhelming response has been: I don't believe he is dead. There are no pictures and they ditched the body. That is what anybody who cared to answer on camera said. and while it is a response stronger among the poor, I have now met several well educated Cairenes who say the same.

Many people believed he was already dead, and there is such distrust of the west, for it's alleged duplicity, that even people who go to the American University of Cairo are often not inclined to believe America.

www.bbc.co.uk...

There is an understandable distrust of America within the ME. I believe releasing more information including photo's is essential if people are to believe what happend to Osama.

+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
White House modifies Osama bin Laden account
www.politico.com...

Administration Backs Off Tale Of Osama Bin Laden Using Wife As Human Shield
tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Reminds me of the Fort Hood shooting with multiple accounts of what happened, this is what happens when there's too many holes in a story.

I don't know if OBL is dead or not, all I know is that the Govt. lies too often and this may just be another week with another set of lies.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

It sure does seem like a crazy way to handle such a high profile situation, and considering the very different way they handled the capture of Saddam Hussein and the death of his sons, it certainly seems like a break with normal policy.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It seems like the government is missing and deliberately so a opportunity here to restore some of it's lost credibility.

Instead it seems like it is just playing to that core conservative group who have most supported the war on terror by throwing them an emotional bone to chew on.

It's as if the whole thing is being handled to purposefully create doubts.

Thanks for sharing my friend.

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I believe his dead, I just don't believe that he died last weekend.
The guys been reported dead that many times, he's had more lives than a litter of kittens and more deaths than a McBeth melodrama.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

It sure does seem like a crazy way to handle such a high profile situation, and considering the very different way they handled the capture of Saddam Hussein and the death of his sons, it certainly seems like a break with normal policy.

Yeah, I don't like it. "Hey, We got Osama...but, no. No pics for you. No... No body for you. No. No consistent story for you. But really! We got him!"

Heh.

Meanwhile, when We "got" Saddam, he was paraded, his sons were paraded... And We're supposed to believe that you (the govt) got this guy and just tossed all evidence to the wind!?! Sorry. Can't buy that.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

There is an understandable distrust of America within the ME. I believe releasing more information including photo's is essential if people are to believe what happend to Osama.

I agree with this statement. Our track record in the Middle East breeds distrust.

It makes you wonder though if the US Government purposefully wants people in the Middle East questioning whether he is still alive, in part perhaps to keep the whole War on Terror alive?

Thanks for sharing the info, opinion and links.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Of course not everyone believes he is dead. Time to add "deathers" to the 9/11 conspiracy lexicon.

+7 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Yeah because it's so much better to divide the population and ridicule people who require quality information than it is to provide quality information.

Let's not and instead let's hold the Government accountable for a change.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Taliban have released a statement, they do not believe he is dead just yet

Just because Americans have said they have killed Sheikh Osama bin

Laden but they have’t shown anything to prove it yet. We don’t want to

make any comments and on the other side the closest
links [people] to Osama have not given a confirmation of his death so we
cannot make any comment as to whether he is dead or not.

www.felixkuehn.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As of now I don't believe the stories being told and I'm not sure releasing a photograph is going to make me believe much about when he died. The story given, well blasted into our head through the MSM is really strange and I find it hard to believe. People on the other side of the world seem to think he was already dead. So I'm very confused as to what they plan to prove, I will say don't take a bloody corpse as proof it was this week or it is him, the government seems to want to make us believe this whether for re-election of Obama or Flase Flag retaliation.

I will make a more informed decision when photos or videos are released but when it happened will always be in the back of my mind saying hmmm...

Don't forget the US government wants us to believe in a Birth Certificate that is in .PDF format and has many layers. A scanned Certificate can't be seperated into layers.

Thanks for the info Star and Flag
edit on 3-5-2011 by mileslong54 because: forgot to *&F the OP and say thanks

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Whether he is or not, Im not so sure is the question? Yes, his death or lack thereof would be considered a catalyst, but to what end is the question?

For thread purposes, I dont believe he is dead. Why discard of the viable evidence that will be needed to quiet the masses, which very well could turn into " conspiracy talk " as election time draws near.

What I do see coming though, with his alleged death:

More laws/regulations against the American peoples rights
A larger infringement of our liberties/rights
More acts along the same lines of TSA in the name of National Security
Constitutional Amendments to increase the Powers of Congress under Article 1 section 8

These are just a few. But either way, some dreadful times are on the horizon. With the increased DHS security forces that will now be implemented under the premise of NS, yeah...our rights will be drastically reduced.

+1 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

What's amazing is how sites like CNN have sometimes as many as 8 different related articles, yet none of them give really any hard, concrete or fresh information.

Rather they read like history lessons on the official story, and attempts to simply incite emotional reactions.

It's pretty disgusting, it seems like half the time something major like this occurs the way the MSM presents it I feel like I am reading this:

This is Jane
This is Dick
This is Spot
Jane is a girl, and Dick is a boy, and Spot is a Dog
Spot loves to run!
Jane and Dick love to throw the ball for Spot to run after it.

Thanks Mainstream Media you sure do make me feel awfully young again!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the jist of the matter is this:

the CIA needed an out.
The out being all those fake
Bin Laden videos and audio tapes
that were produced by the CIA
and Army Intelligence. This whole
Pakistan Operation was just a lie
to cover up multiple lies that lasted
10 yrs. There was no way out
of the lies other than to have a dead
villain. Even if it had to be faked.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh wow.
That brought back memories of 1st Grade. Word for word too.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Do you think some of this could have to do with sending Patraeus to the CIA and wanting to 'clean house' before he gets there?

This is something I think could be looming large in the decision to do this now.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they use the running man as a recruitment vid
sans the skeletal cobwebbed corpse scenes
of the minions
of course

there is a lot of living room in south America
thats where they seem to send the henchmen that make retirement
but from the sounds of the last germans from WW2 you have to have your own funding
they don't do pensions

I mean they have killed thses guys 8 or 9 times on AVERAGE
I wonder if it has anything to do with the 250,000 rounds per kill statistic in Iraq?
edit on 3-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join