It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's luxury hideout raises questions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Bin Laden's luxury hideout raises questions

news.yahoo.com

ABBOTTABAD, Pakistan – Osama bin Laden made his final stand in a small Pakistani city where three army regiments with thousands of soldiers are based not far from the capital — a location that is increasing suspicions in Washington that Islamabad may have been sheltering him.

The U.S. acted alone in Monday's helicopter raid, did not inform Pakistan until it was over and pointedly did not thank Pakistan at the end of a wildly successful operation. All this suggests more strain ahead in a relationship that was already suffering because of U.S. accusations that the Pakistanis are supporti
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The million dollar compound in an affluent area not far from both military bases and the Pakistani capital?

Was ISI sheltering the guy? It looks that way to me.

When I was in Afghanistan on the border of Pakistan I was relayed the same exact story from some locals, that generals in Pakistan were protecting Bin Laden. Those Afghanis apparently knew what they were talking about.

I can't see this not having repercussions or consequences for Pakistan. If anything, Pakistan has just earned a big bullseye and could find themselves in the crosshairs of NATO in the immediate future.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
On the other hand, Do you really think it took the US that long to figure where he was hiding?

I say Pakistan and the US will continue to use each other.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They knew where he was this hole time. Need to save his demise for Obama, to boost his chances of re-election.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
the us may be mifted at pakistan but thats as far as it will go since they knew where bin laden was

remeber now pakistan is a nuclear power and they are an islamic state.

thats a can of worms the coward in cheif wont open.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
On the other hand, Do you really think it took the US that long to figure where he was hiding?

I say Pakistan and the US will continue to use each other.

Actually I'm not that surprised it took that long.

We were looking in the wrong places and Pakistan was apparently sheltering him.

We didn't even know for sure if he was at that compound. We only had circumstantial evidence. We took a chance and it paid off.

We will only use Pakistan as long as they are useful. If they no longer have anything to offer or bring to the table, well business is business.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
They knew where he was this hole time. Need to save his demise for Obama, to boost his chances of re-election.

I don't think so. If that was the purpose he peaked way too early. He might get a slight bump out of this, but he has almost two years to wear it down again. Plus one of his campaign promises was to shut down Gitmo, yet it looks like this is where the intelligence was gathered. He was able to kill bin Laden because he continued the Bush policies. If he has forgotten the connection I'm sure it will be pointed out to him.

If he wanted to do this to boost his election chances he should have done it in October, 2012.
edit on 5/2/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

If he wanted to do this to boost his election chances he should have done it in October, 2012.

Not necessarily true. Bush Sr., road the coat tails of the Kuwait war that he won in hopes to win re-election. Course he lost, but it occurred far off from the election.

Obama simply needed something to boost his low approval numbers. Of course there are enough retards out there that will re-elect him on just that alone. His expansion of Bush policies be damned.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Exactly. If this was for the elections, it was way too early.

This simply could not wait until the elections. It had to be done and done now, while we still had good intel that he could possibly be living there. It was an opportunity that could not be passed by.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Exactly. If this was for the elections, it was way too early.

This simply could not wait until the elections. It had to be done and done now, while we still had good intel that he could possibly be living there. It was an opportunity that could not be passed by.

Only problem is the intel was valid for the past several years. You honestly think Usama just showed up at the compound? Please..... He's been there a long long time~

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Not necessarily true. Bush Sr., road the coat tails of the Kuwait war that he won in hopes to win re-election. Course he lost, but it occurred far off from the election.

And THAT pretty well proves my point. The economy got between him and his peak after Kuwait, so he lost the election. It will be interesting to see if he gets a boost at all. The stock market went down a bit today.

Of course there are enough retards out there that will re-elect him on just that alone. His expansion of Bush policies be damned.

No argument from me there. I agree completely!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The left vs right paradigm, is exactly what they wish to continue with. You keep the division, you control the masses.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

The intel was not strong enough until recently. We did not have enough confidence to act until now. Even then there were doubts and questions, but the POTUS made the final call and took a huge risk.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I remember the claim that he was in Pakistan like what?, 6 years ago. Maybe longer. Trust me, though I can't prove it, only takes a thought process, outside the box, to see the dotted lines.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

those special forces took the risk while obama was safe and sound back in the white house.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Osama bin dead for years, and people believe he was head shot last week and honored with an islamic burial at sea....lol. There will be no third party confirmation and no body. Whats fools we have become, and oblivious to the meaning of "wanted dead or alive".

Maybe they can find a nuke in that compound and bomb Islamabad.

He's dead Jim....
edit on 2-5-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Osama bin dead for years, and people believe he was head shot last week and honored with an islamic burial at sea....lol. There will be no third party confirmation and no body. Whats fools we have become, and oblivious to the meaning of "wanted dead or alive".

Maybe they can find a nuke in that compound and bomb Islamabad.

He's dead Jim....
edit on 2-5-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

No, but I bet the find Jimmy Hoffa!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I remember the claim that he was in Pakistan like what?, 6 years ago. Maybe longer. Trust me, though I can't prove it, only takes a thought process, outside the box, to see the dotted lines.

Pakistan is a good sized country. Even then we thought he was in the tribal areas, not in the most affluent neighborhood in the country right outside the capital in a million dollar home.

We never really thought that. Its pretty crazy when you think about it. The only thing worse would have been if we caught him in the US.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
More like C(aught) I(n the) A(ct) was paying for it out of their drug money .. Erm out of taxpayer dollars..
Typical waste money on a mansion for a guy thats been dead a few years..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
One simple question: ¿Nobody noticed him in the town?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join