It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Ladens DNA test confirmed in hours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
How can Bin Ladens DNA been confirmed within hours?
Can someone please explain this to me. As far as I knew, that takes months. Weeks if you have lots of $$$.
Days if you have supercomputers.

Did the government just completelty BS this or did they just announce by defacto that they have Quantum Computers?

I've been asking myself a few questions from what has been coming out in the media:
Bin Laden was living in the biggest house in the region for the past 5 years WITH his family. It does not seem like the actions of a man in fear for his life. Balls would be living in the biggest house by yourself. No fear what-so-ever is having your family with you.

The SEALS practiced for a week before going in. WHY did they not use knock out darts / gas the bastards and just walk in, scoop him up and ferry him back to the US for a trial? That didn't happen. He was shot in the head and body dumped at sea! Thats straight up Mafia style.

And then the DNA. Can someone explain that to me?
edit on 2-5-2011 by bismarcksea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Now, I'm not entirely sure what DNA analysis has been done, but I can say this for certain—whatever method they used could be completed in a matter of hours given a lab ready to go and focused solely on this. Using commonplace PCR methods—which, for the record, is what I use in my lab every day—Bin Laden could easily be ID'd faster than you'd think. Heck, I can get DNA from a fish and turn it into sequences or genotypes in 24 hours, so I think the US government can work faster than me when time is of the essence. Allow me to explain how they could do it so quickly.

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
They combined the efforts of all the detectives in the CSI shows at once.

Amazing what them actors can do, ain't it?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"The Mystery Party": Here Mr. Obama, a nice security-rich home/compound for you and your family to live in, and YES you can trust us.

Obama: Thank you, but were you guys out to get capture/kill me just last week?

"The Mystery Party": Ummm no.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm confused about the DNA thing as well. To verify his DNA that means they had his DNA before this. How did they have his DNA?

DNA can be analyzed in a day. It mightve taken months 20 years ago, but today DNA can be analyzed in less than an hour with the top end equipment. The govt uses the top end equipment.

I still want to know how they had his DNA to compare it with...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I mean its like they took him out to spare the trial going like this:

"TELL US why you did it you bastard!"

Bin Laden "I do not understand....the CIA gave me the plans"

This whole thing stinks.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Wrote on another thread - we are going with what we know. Perhaps there are methods we don't know . . .?
I bet there is technology to get spot on results. Using DNA or other biometrics. I bet there is a handheld device preloaded - and if you get a match you get a beep. Come on people - do you really think in the super special forces world of excutions they don't have something we don't know about???

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I'm confused about the DNA thing as well. To verify his DNA that means they had his DNA before this. How did they have his DNA?

DNA can be analyzed in a day. It mightve taken months 20 years ago, but today DNA can be analyzed in less than an hour with the top end equipment. The govt uses the top end equipment.

I still want to know how they had his DNA to compare it with...

They had his family's DNA to compare it to.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It has been stated the nano computers developed today the size of a grain of rice have a processing power so great I wont even state the numbers. It would be like a comparison being made between the first digital watch and one of todays high end computers. This would crunch even dna in moments, the dna results are the least hard to believe of this story for this reason.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

Why are you responding to me? I know the technology exists to confirm DNA very quickly, but you need DNA first in order to compare two strands.
This means they had osama's DNA already.
How did they have his DNA in the first place?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
they say they have DNA of his siter and thats how they matched it

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Possible.
Where'd you learn that? Or is it just a guess?
My guess would be it was on one of the video tapes he sent in.
But both of these would lead to possible mistakes being made. The only way to be 100% sure it's his DNA would be to collect it in person.

Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose it really was him then. I was pretty sure already, but I like to keep an open mind.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Now, I'm not entirely sure what DNA analysis has been done, but I can say this for certain—whatever method they used could be completed in a matter of hours given a lab ready to go and focused solely on this. Using commonplace PCR methods—which, for the record, is what I use in my lab every day—Bin Laden could easily be ID'd faster than you'd think. Heck, I can get DNA from a fish and turn it into sequences or genotypes in 24 hours, so I think the US government can work faster than me when time is of the essence. Allow me to explain how they could do it so quickly.

www.scientificamerican.com...

thanks for that, I figured most of the wait time was due to over loaded and understaffed labs.

link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

So they didnt even have his direct DNA and they where able to match it within hours? I dunno mang.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
100 billion dollars in the defence budget and do alot. I don't doubt that they could do a DNA test and know who it is in a matter of hours. I'm sure they had a sample of his DNA from Osama CIA days. I just wish they'd start showing more proof that he is in fact dead. Pictures, Video, Burial, everything.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bismarcksea

Originally posted by camaro68ss

So they didnt even have his direct DNA and they where able to match it within hours? I dunno mang.

Thats what i heard on the radio

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Responding in general. They had his DNA.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In this time spent in observation of him, and months of planning - I am sure somewhere along the line they managed to get his direct DNA. I also believe they have technology available that can compute identification in ways far more advanced then what we see on CSI or know about from crime reports. Remember we are not alone in completing assasinations, there is a market in the world for this kind of thing. Use imagination. What you see is just the tip of the iceberg, there are connections and countries and agencies that work together that may appear to be hostile to each other.

Of course that is if the whole story itself is legit.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

I'm new to this site and i encourage you to look at this video::
www.youtube.com...

Who is this sister that they are gettig this DNA from? What is her name? Does the hospital have any ecord of her actually being there? Why would the government need to retain her brain? Aren't there living Bin Laden family members that have ties to the Bush family and would willingly give a sample? They just happened to have a sample of his dead sister's brain on site? What sister are they talking about? How old was this woman? What did she die from?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey...there is always the possibility that they faked the killing of the wrong guy.

new topics

top topics

join