It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War with Iran?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Lol. Im also very tired. I stayed up way to late to watch the Osama drama unfold. They were muddling it up so much I couldnt bear to leave it until they settled on their solid story.

Those who missed it as it unfolded will not get to see all the changes of tune, weird insertions of this or that, timeline contradictions, it looked like it was being put together pretty much on the fly.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I had been hoping, yesterday and this morning, that enough people were questioning the the story being fed to us through the Whitehouse that we might have derailed the plan to "unite America like on 9-11" in preparation for more war in the Mid East.

Today's revelations that they will not release photos seems to indicate that this will not be the case. And, this,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Libyan rebels to receive £1.8 billion trust fund
Libya's opposition is to get access to a special $3 billion (£1.8 billion) trust fund established by its Western backers to finance the breakaway regions fighting Col Muammar Gaddafi.

demonstrates a further commitment to the current scheme of toppling "western unfriendly" governments in the Mid East even in the EU.

Its just a matter of time before we find out for certain who our next target it. Iran? Pakistan? Its still up in the air. They have made more noise towards Pakistan, which increases their odds a bit, but the remarkable silence on Iran may be telling as well. Particularly in light of Irans apparent weaknesses at the moment.

Pakistan may be a real target, or red herring. Time will tell.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The day before we "got Osama," Russia also seems to think Iran is the target.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
More going on under the relative silence our government and press have been keeping on Iran. Sometimes who you ARENT talking about says more than who you ARE talking about.

topics.nytimes.com...

Growing Influence

The popular revolts shaking the Arab world have begun to shift the balance of power in the region, bolstering Iran’s position while weakening and unnerving its rival, Saudi Arabia. Iran has already benefited from the ouster or undermining of Arab leaders who were its strong adversaries and has begun to project its growing influence.

In February 2011, Iran sent two warships through the Suez Canal for the first time since its revolution in 1979, and Egypt’s new military leaders allowed them to pass.

The uprisings have made Iran’s standing stronger in spite of its challenges at home, with a troubled economy, high unemployment and a determined political opposition.

In early 2011, Iran demonstrated its emboldened attitude in Lebanon when its ally, Hezbollah, forced the collapse of the pro-Western government of Saad Hariri. Mr. Hariri was replaced with a prime minister backed by Hezbollah, a move that analysts say was undertaken with Iran’s support.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The latest crack in Iran,

www.examiner.com...

A few minutes ago on May 5, 2011, Arab TV announced that Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khameini requested Iran's President Ahmadinejad to step down from his post. This has not been confirmed nor verified by Western media as yet, however, it has been reported that several of his close aides are already under arrest.

The UK Guardian reported today that many of Ahmadinejad's aides were accused of using 'supernatural powers', including invoking jinns (spirits) in an attempt to further the president's agenda against Khameini. This includes Irani Chief of Staff Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei,

We will just have to see. So far our government and media have remained silent for most part on Iran. Too silent, imho. I still tend to suspect that the noises they are making in Pakistan are distraction of the worlds eyes from their real target.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36aea2c5adb6.jpg[/atsimg]

Map borrowed from Proto in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
In addition to this escalation of rhetoric, we are also getting reports that Iran is accusing Israel of massing military might in Iraq. Something the US and Iraq denies,

www.rferl.org...

May 02, 2011
A report from Iranian state television suggests Israel has been gathering military aircraft at a U.S. air base in Iraq in preparation for an attack on the Islamic republic.

Iran's Press TV sourced the report to an unnamed person believed close to prominent Iraqi Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

To me this looks like Iran trying to find a good excuse to attack Israel, which "I'm-A-Dinner-Jacket" has been seeking for years.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Its certainly a sign THEY are concerned about their vulnerability to attack by outside forces at his point. But Pakistan is making the same noises at India now too. Both Iran and Pakistan are feeling threatened, I suppose its just a matter of which, if either (or both) of them, is right to feel that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join