It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA testing... How long does it take?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Fox news reports that results from the DNA tests prove that it is indeed OBL... www.foxnews.com...

I've always heard that DNA testing takes a few days for the test itself..

Does anybody know how long it takes to perform a DNA test with the most cutting edge technology?

Is it possible to get good results in 24 hours?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The story keeps changing. It has been variously reported as testing done, testing not yet done, and now testing done.

OBL was killed last week, then yesterday, two helicopters went in, one was damaged so everyone came out on one
(come one, no way only two helicopters would be used).

Can our Government ever tell the truth? Obviously not.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I dont know, but when i was watching smallville it took them a matter of seconds

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

I agree. There is no concrete story. They supposely dumped the body into the sea and now this www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
this should answer your question www.cellmark.co.uk... if you do not have a vid player i will see if there is words on it, how long does it take for dna testing? well take ypour pick search.yahoo.com... this is just one

How long does DNA testing take?
A. Paternity test results typically take about 3-5 business days from the time that all samples arrive at the laboratory (see chart). Other tests, like grandparent, sibling, or aunt/uncle tests, may take up to 4 weeks.

Tip: You can check the status of your order by logging into the results page (not available for New York State residents) or by contacting us.

DNA is uniquely different for each person and some tests may require additional time for analysis or testing.
so does the gov have a new test? and if so why is it not used in Criminal defense, just a thought. this is the link to the answer given www.dnatesting.com...
edit on 2-5-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I cannot say for sure....but here is what I do know for sure.

There are times when my boss will ask if I can do something, I usually say sure, I can. Sometimes I am asked to do things that I am not too enthused about doing and some things I cannot wait to get started on. It appears to me that the instances I am assigned to do something that I enjoy doing or want to do, I can always get it done a lot faster than the things I do not want to do. The things I do not want to do always gets a week or two added to my completion date whereas the things I like doing are done before the completion date.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

tell me about it...

how the heck can the story change so many times in 12 hours or so...

it's starting to make my head spin...

Iast night I heard it specifically reported that they waited a week for DNA results before making the announcement....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I agree. There is no concrete story. They supposely dumped the body into the sea and now this www.liveleak.com...

Yet again, that fake is from 2009...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

your taking the MSM word for it

have you lost your mind
do you not know that what they say is all made up there is no truth any more

edit on 2-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

yeah I did that search before I posted this... but I couldn't find any info on how long the actual test itself takes to perform... all the links I found were for businesses and you have to take into account workload, backups and the such...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Double post... keep moving people

edit on 2-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think that link may be the answer you are looking for.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

If I was taking anyones word for it do you think I would have posted this thread...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bryan4546
www.telegraph.co.uk...

I think that link may be the answer you are looking for.

nope no answer about how long the process itself takes... but thanks for the info about how they are claiming they got a match

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Haven't you heard ? Now its
four helicopters !
Two Chinooks and two black hawks !

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
hmmmmm..
concerning the photo
dated 11/10...so maybe they did have enough time to id the dna

[url=http://www.a-w-i-p.com...]http://www.a-w-i-p.com/years-of-deceit-us-openly-accepts-bin-la.html[ /url]
edit on 2-5-2011 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Well if they already have a family member's DNA with all the markers mapped out already I'm sure it would cut down on the time severely.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by bryan4546

So, they didn't keep his DNA profile on file from back when he was working for the CIA?? They had to use his sister to obtain DNA? They just use lies to cover up lies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I would agree. I think if they had the resources to their disposal, probably a day. However, one interest to note is that you can perform two types of DNA tests, mitochondrial and nuclear tests. During the briefing, they said, "Familial" DNA test - what is that?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

From what I have read there was about 40 seals who conducted the raid, so you are right they wouldn't use only 2 helos.

With that many people conducting the raid they probably went in by air and ground (think blackhawk down). That would make more sense.

As for DNA tests are concerned. They can be done in as little as 12 hours as was the case of Saddam. There was even an article concerning this very same thing in his case.

www.wired.com...

So it is possible to conduct a dna test if you have a sample handy as we apparently did with Bin Laden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join