It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors are over-rated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

Isnt it amazing. 2000 years later and still we hear the same story. Millions of people today spend millions of dollars on doctors, and hospitals, and surgery, and still they die. Yet for most people doctors are king. Their word is gospel.

My father who is 75 was some years ago diagnosed with lung cancer. A lung was removed and 20 years later he is still alive. Some will say - " so there is your proof - modern medicine saved his life". But did it really? Was lung removal his only option? According to doctors - yes it was. But is it more a case of WHAT you believe rather WHAT WORKS that provided the solution in this case? About 4 years ago he was AGAIN diagnosed with cancer - this time in the mouth. On this occasion again he took the advice of doctors and various cancer treatments were prescribed and followed. The cancer appeared to have cleared. But then they realised that the radiation therapy had killed the bone marrow in his jawbone and it began to 'crumble'. They advised him it would need to be replaced. So much for modern medicine..

About 12 years ago I met a guy who was extremely adept in the computer field. He had been diagnosed with prostate cancer some 10 years prior and was told he had 6 months to live. One day we discussed his condition. I asked him how it was that he was then still alive in view of his diagnosis 10 years earlier. His answer was - "I read books". I had noticed previously he had a bookshelf full of computer handbooks and medical journals. He said he had read up on his condition and applied his own treatment by following a strict diet and had defied his prognosis. I told him at the time I found this remarkable. And his response stunned me. He said "well what is a doctor anyway? Its just someone that reads books".

The reason for this post is not so much to attack doctors or the medical fraternity. They have done much good. It is more to enlighten people to the fact that doctors and modern medicine don't hold all the answers to every ailment, in every instance, despite what they might tell you.

Some years ago my sister gave birth to a child that was shortly after diagnosed with autism. This despite there being no record of autism in hers or my brother-in-laws family. She suspected a vaccination shortly after his birth. Call it mother's intuition - I call it a failure of 'modern medicine'.

When my father was diagnosed with cancer some years ago I decided to research it. I knew there were many people dying of cancer that were undergoing 'normal' treatment but I was curious as to what exactly caused cancer in the first place. What I found astounded me. Mainly because I had never heard of these alternative 'successful' treatments via the MSM. Not ever. I read why and how a blood cell becomes cancerous. I learned why these alternative treatments 'cured' people and it all made sense. It fitted in with everything I had ever read about what causes cancer. It was all about body PH. Cancer thrives in a PH of less than 7 (normal). Cakes and alcohol and sugar and junk food lowers your PH. Fruits and vegetables and water raises your PH to a level in which cancer cant survive. Pretty simple and obvious really...no complex formulas or analysis needed here. Yet society will say to you 'eat at KFC and have a Jack Daniels' and in the next breath say 'Our GE radiotherapy machine can cure a multitude of cancers - just see your local GP'...this might sound silly but just watch TV..

A few years ago I visited my local GP and while I was there asked him about a few mild warts I had developed on my forehead. They were the 'flat' type (not unsightly but enough for me to want to rid myself of them). The doctors response was "not much you can do but if your lucky they may drop off on their own eventually'. For me that wasnt enough (but hey what did he care - he'd earnt his $60 for the 10 minute consultation). So I did some digging and discovered 'tea tree oil' - a natural remedy for warts and a potent antiseptic and anti-fungal agent. I applied this daily and within 2 weeks the warts were gone. So much for 'modern medicine'..

A couple of years ago I had a blood test (for a non-life threatening condition) and was given the all clear by a doctor. A week later he called me back to say he made a mistake, had read the results wrong, and that in fact it was positive..so much for 'modern medicine'..

Im sure many people reading this post can identify or relate to someone they know that has spent thousands of dollars on medical cures and treatments only to remain ill or die. You are the lucky ones. You know the truth - and I hope the truth has set you free.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Do you know anything about medical science? We do not have a cure for cancer; chemotherapy involves dangerous levels of radiation sufficient to kill a human but can shrink and remove growths. Humans are constantly working on techniques to decrease human suffering. This has very little to do with a middle-eastern man mentioned in a few books written a hundred years after his death.
Misdiagnosis happens when mistakes are made; humans are not perfect!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

The natural PH of the blood is leaning more towards alkali than acidic, that is not a specific contributing factor of cancer. One of the discoveries regarding cancer is the p53 gene which regulates a process called apoptosis (cellular suicide), cells are programmed to destroy themsevles when they become aged to avoid mutation and cancer, unfortunately the p53 gene can become faulty and can "switch off" which causes rogue cell division and thus the formation of tumours, modern medicine seeks to find what exactly causes this to happen and what actually regulates the switching on of such genes which is a massive feet; but has been done before when studying metbolic pathways for regulation of tryptophan, read up on the TRP operon or the LAC operon for the regulation of lactose from the larger molecule allolactose.
I can sympathise with you that cancer is an absolutely awful affliction and i wouldnt wish it on anyone but for the time being there is only limited therapies which are available, as he last poster mention chemotherapy isnt all that affective because unfortunately all cells are attacked with the radiotherapy, not just cancerous cells.
Which brings me to another form of therapy which is being researched, before i explain i will give a breif explanation of immunology. Our immune system works by targetting foreign bodies, virus, and bacterial infections how both infections are fought within the body differ. If you were to encounter the common cold for example, an immune response is issued each time because of different strains which are here due to mutations within viral organisms and thus display different characteristics. A cell will display receptors on its surface, which are what are recognised by our immune cells. Now if a cell were to mutate and display different cell surface receptors recognition takes much longer.
This however is different to cancer, since it is our own cells, which do not display any different characteristics from any other cell on its surface and therefore our immune cells go on without recognising the affliction, researchers are working to find the tiniest difference in these cancerous cells in order to produce a potential drug to target the specific cells causing the problem, since in most cases cancer is not the killer it is the opportunistic infection preceding because of our compromised immune system from radiotherapy.

I hope this helped,
Mike
edit on 8-5-2011 by micko2011 because: a few mistakes were made

edit on 8-5-2011 by micko2011 because: mistakes made

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Doctors are great for ear infections and the common cold. But I agree, they DON'T have all the answers. I just got a nice 1,000 dollar BILL in the mail. I'm 28 years old and for some unknown reason, I'm no longer going through the natural cycle that allows me to have children. It just STOPPED cold turkey. I've had test after test done, and everything is normal. My doctor flat out called me a medical mystery. Not very encouraging words. I don't know what's going on, but I guess I should just enjoy enjoy the lack of the monthly curse. And no...I'm not prego. That was the first 10 tests I took. lol

new topics

top topics

join