It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So our troops can come home now right?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I mean that's what this war was about right? Um...right?

I was looking at comments on the Yahoo article, and a number of people seemed to think that this meant the war was now over and the troops were coming home. With that many people expecting the troops to come home, they are going to have to come up with some way to explain it. The war isn't going to end. I am just curious as to what method they are going to use to keep it going. Telling the people there are more terrorists out there? Maybe one of Osamas buddies, making new threats? Something else to instill fear in the people?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

No. They will have to get tend to this.
2nd.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I missed that thread. Very interesting. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if it plays out.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I wondered the same thing until Obama said this....

His death does not mark the end of our effort. There is no doubt that al-Qaeda will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must and will remain vigilant at home and abroad. Read more: www.news.com.au...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I actually think it would brilliant..

"Guys, we got what we came for, time to go home. At your request we will provide information, advice or review requests for funding of infrastructure or security improvements. Bye, bye now."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Nice thought. However, this is all far more likely to get us even more entrenched (probably in Pakistan, and then with Syria and then finally Iran, it's a clear path for the pipelines to Asia) than to bring anyone home.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Dark age thinking will proceed to martyr Osama,We made em mad.
And if you are a Muslim I do apologize for the mess but hey it's your back yard and it's out of hand.
We have Neonazis and KKK but we would never finance them and support such a group.The passed screw ups we have done need no longer be paid for by your blood everyone needs to wake the hell up .

top topics

join