It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can too much Love be a Bad thing??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I have a daily ritual of sending out loving vibes unto the universe....I send loving thoughts to all of you.

Every single person alive. (yep, you too!!!)

I've done this for a long time but, lately, I feel something different coming back in my direction...(if that even makes sense)

It's not anything necessarily good or bad... or maybe it is...I just dont really know yet.

I just can't shake the feeling that maybe I need to stop caring so much about other people and focus on something else.

Can anyone else relate????

I know that I could never stop caring about others...I just can't quite place where my focus should be right now. I hope that makes sense.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yes. Too much love can be just as bad or worse than too much hate.
Once you realize that in the grand scheme of things, they are to
be balanced as one in the same, you will have started in the direction
of discovering you true will. Throwing energy about sloppily and wastefully
does cause feedback to affect you. Many times what comes back is the
opposite of what you projected. You dig?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Love is your connection to the Spirit, both yours and God's - they are one in the same. How can that ever be a bad thing.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

I think I definately dig.....I think I probably always knew this too. I think I was just being insecure and needed a bit of validation.

I Think I'm only Human after all

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Love is not a bad thing at all. Love is the greatest thing known to mankind. Love is what keeps the world in balance against all things negative.

I'm just feeling something different lately.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by illuminatitanimulli

I think I definately dig.....I think I probably always knew this too. I think I was just being insecure and needed a bit of validation.

I Think I'm only Human after all

Remember that love is still very important. But only when used with WILL.
As your WILL is very important, but only when used with love.
Always focus your love specifically.
edit on 1-5-2011 by illuminatitanimulli because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I just can't shake the feeling that maybe I need to stop caring so much about other people and focus on something else.

My advice is Don’t focus on something else...

LOVE is the most Precious Gift of All.

I know that I could never stop caring about others...I just can't quite place where my focus should be right now. I hope that makes sense.

LOVE is “Unconditional

First Love yourself because if you truthfully Love yourself You Love what Created You.

LOVE LIFE…. I'm referring to the LIFE “Entity” in yourself...

IF you Truly LOVE LIFE…. You will do NO harm to ether yourself or others…

LOVE Starts at Home in Your own Soul.

You can't LOVE others if you Can't 1st Love Yourself...

It goes something Like this....

1st. discover true Knowledge...

2nd. Knowledge Leads to Understanding...

3rd. Understanding Leads to Wisdom...

4th. Wisdom Leads to LOVE...

and
5th. LOVE leads to Eternal LIFE...

Simply because You Found LOVE... And by this have discovered "The TRUE Mind".

If you change your Direction in this it is because you have NOT Discovered LOVE….

From "The Gospel of Thomas" verse 56 Quote;

56. Jesus said,

“Whoever has come to understand the World
has found only a corpse,

and whoever has found a corpse,
is superior to the World.”

So Love thy Neighbour AS (and NOT Like yourself) thy Self….

For they are You.

Then also Some Love Evil, while others LOVE LIFE or "The TRUE Mind" as the Ancients called it.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Love is good. There are some who do not deserve it. Murderers, child molesters, rapists, actively malignant sociopaths, and so on... you are not the whole of god; you are finite. You can choose. Choose wisely.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

you are wonderful. And I don't think that there can ever be such a thing as "too much love".

In regards to where to put your focus - maybe its time to tune up your own self so that you may be able to give a more amplified love in the future? Just a thought ...

I wish you love, peace, and liberation!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I wouldn't even say too much love is bad, or that love and hate need to be balanced, but rather that attachment to either is what leads to problems. Obviously hate does us no good, but too much attachment to love can easily lead to hate, resentment, or some form of anger, when it is not present. Understanding is the best form of love because it encompasses all aspects of life, including hate, and includes no desire for attachment.

Love and let go... Love and let go...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you give out too much "love" without receiving any in return it will make you extremely weak.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nithaiah

Not a very enlightened point of view IMO.

Every single creature is deserving of the universal "spiritual" love. Without exceptions.

It neither encourages nor condones behaviours we find abhorrent in others. It just IS.

If you are sending out a positive love vibe to all and sundry, and are now receiving an unknown feedback that does not feel like love... my suggestion? Do not forget to surround Yourself with this universal spiritual love feeling.

There is nothing to fear in this endeavour, except fear itself.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by survival

It makes sense...I do tend to let my focus drift away from myself. It is actually harder to focus on myself sometimes than it is to focus on others. Thanks for your reply.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

I understand what you mean and I appreciate your reply. It's not so much that I feel a weakness though. I honestly don't even know what it is that I feel, I just have this weird sense that I should be doing more or doing something else???? Don't know exactly so, I guess I need to take the advice of others and try to center myself a little better.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Love is a lie, but its a good thing, when you're afraid to die.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

hhhmmm...you got me interested. Why do you believe love is a lie?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Too much of anything, can be bad.
Even love and chocolate...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
No, Love by it's nature is both unconditional and freely given as it should be freely offered, PERIOD. but too much, applied to some concepts and misused as in (oh, if he/she only "loved me more, maybe if I "'worked to prove such love") Yikes... That is not love but someone who needs some one else to "validate their existence", is truly looking for; "Love" in all the wrong place's. Your a human being who needs no person on Earth to say, or prove, anything to validate you. Your were "Born Validated" Let no one claim other wise, they lie, or hate themselves. And that saddens me deeply,

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Too much "love" can be "evil". It turns the "good" into a "dog". Feed dog much love and it attaches to you. Take food away, dog dies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

reply to post by SystemResistor

hhhmmm...you got me interested. Why do you believe love is a lie?

Love is sometimes what people seek or say, when they no nothing but "say "Love" and in that context is the worse of "cheap tricks" when they know nothing better. They "grope" no pun intended, in the dark...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join