It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman videotaped in scuffle with officer now faces felony charge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I can't count how many times a cop has used excessive force only to have the victim face charges.

The video was posted here a few days ago but now she is the one being charged with assault.

It seems that cops can do whatever they want, have it turned around to have us as the criminal as they go about their business...as usual.

Four Women stated that they did nothing wrong but ONE cop statement is all it takes to lay criminal charges. 4-1 doesn't matter I guess.

www.examiner.com...

A woman who was caught on tape in a scuffle with an off-duty officer now faces a felony charge, police confirmed Saturday. Ms. Ashley Leavell was now charged with felony obstruction as well as public drunkeness and simple battery, police said. “The charges were upgraded because of her actions in throwing punches at the officer,” Atlanta police spokesman Ms. Kimberly Maggart said. “At this time no others have had their charges upgraded, that will be up to the prosecutors.” But Ms. Leavell wasn’t the only one throwing punches, according to an Altanta police report.

Four women were involved in the scuffle with the off-duty officer at the IHOP in Buckhead about 4 a.m. April 23. The women said they did nothing wrong and that the officer went overboard. But the officer said the women were yelling and throwing punches, according to an Atlanta police report released Thursday.

www.examiner.com...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Please please please, let a judge throw this out. This is absolutely disgraceful.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by redNyx
Please please please, let a judge throw this out. This is absolutely disgraceful.

Unfortunately, she'll be found guilty.

Shame

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Too bad. She shouldn't have screwed with the police. Maybe if she had left the restaurant quietly and peacefully this definitely wouldn't have happened. Like the old saying goes; Don't wanna do the time? Then don't commit the crime. Simple as that.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If this had been a man taking several swings at a police officer would you be as upset?
Noooo!
But since it’s a nice looking, slim, well dressed babe, it becomes a police brutality.
You would still be outraged if the officer used a taser on her. You would rather have the officer(s) get into a prolonged physical struggle and risk injury to someone who is just doing their job. Go out and get a punch in the eye or a deep scratch on the face and see how many times a week you would want to repeat it.

If you get physical with police you are going to get a punch, night stick, taser or bullet. Drugs, alcohol or attitude is not a shield.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

I agree she had clearly taken hold of the officer's shoulder before he slapped her. Embarrassing for her yes, but I have never seen anyone get away with laying a hand on a cop before. She is either oblivious or just plain stupid. Had she never watched "Cops" What she got was far from excessive force if the cop thought she was about to fight.

It's time for people to take responsibility for their actions.
Oh, and her friends pathetic crying routine doesn't change anything. She is just trying to defend the indefensible.
edit on 2-5-2011 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

I'm sure bleeding heart liberals would be upset if it was a black man. So yes. Any way you slice it. They still want to crucify the police for doing their job.

new topics

top topics

join