It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little help please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey guys...I'm in a bit of a pickle. I am writing an argument piece for my english comp class and I have decided to argue for the existence of aliens interacting with Earth. (probably a bad idea, but oh well)... Anyhow, I have ran into a series of unfortunate events of late and I am behind the eight ball so to speak here.... I'm behind where I should be at this point. I could use some help with a few good sources of info I can use to source my argument. Anybody got any good credible sources in mind that reference this stuff? I know a ton of cases off the top of my head, but am finding the aquisition of credible sources of info sorta difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Are you in HS or College?
What is your full thesis?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

This is a collegiate paper. I haven't developed my thesis just yet. I am working on it right now. Sorta depends on what I end up using for my source material. Like if the implant removals are noted on a credible source I may use that as a primary piece of evidence...which will change my thesis.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yoooo, Jay. Long time, no see. I would suggest looking into the "Ancient Alien" series, for starters. All episodes can be found on YouTube. From there, you can look up certain things online and that may give you a good boost in what to write about.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

ufocasebook.com a highly credible source.
also look into the ufo hunters siries, very good work done into looking into ufos
edit on 1-5-2011 by connorromanow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Howdy Bonez. Yep, been awhile. You know, I thought of the ancient aliens angle early on, but decided to steer clear of it because it is simply too difficult to form an effective argument around it. I think things like Roswell and the implant removal cases are the way to go... Does anyone have any of the Gov archive sites bookmarked or anything?

***Notes....This new Beastie Boys song is pretty cool ***

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

Thanks, I'm forming a list. Much appreciated.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I think things like Roswell and the implant removal cases are the way to go.

If that's the case, you should check out "The Day After Rosewell" from Col. Corso who was the head of the Army's R&D Dept. He names companies that got some of the technology to reverse-engineer. He also talks about some of the technologies that we have today from some of the reverse-engineering.

You can read the book online here:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Does anyone have any of the Gov archive sites bookmarked or anything?

Have got this from the CIA : www.cia.gov...

Project Blue Book is archived here : www.bluebookarchive.org...

Some of the FBI Files : vault.fbi.gov...

The Black Vault has plenty too : www.theblackvault.com...

At the Black Vault go to FOIA Docs > Index, then down to UFO Phenomena. Link didn't work when posting, think it was too long.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Okay, I have formed a rough idea for my argument. It is going to focus on three parts. 1) Roswell and other intriguing UFO reports. 2) Cattle Mutilation. 3) Alien Implant removal.

I think that those three things combined can lead to an effective argument that something very strange is happening in our skies and with the best piece of evidence being apparent implants removed from the body of unexplained origin should lead a reader to seriously consider the alien hypothesis...
I think I'll source the first part of my argument to right here on ATS... Now to find good sources of information on the cattle mutilation and implant removal.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I would like to direct you to the newly posted information at the National Security Agency website, nsa.gov that introduces papers on messages that have been recieved and in process of decoding (at the time the paper was written) that came from outer space. I have seen " explanations" that these papers were written as hypothetical scenerios, but that is up to you to judge.

L

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Okay, I have formed a rough idea for my argument. It is going to focus on three parts. 1) Roswell and other intriguing UFO reports. 2) Cattle Mutilation. 3) Alien Implant removal.

I think that those three things combined can lead to an effective argument that something very strange is happening in our skies and with the best piece of evidence being apparent implants removed from the body of unexplained origin should lead a reader to seriously consider the alien hypothesis...
I think I'll source the first part of my argument to right here on ATS... Now to find good sources of information on the cattle mutilation and implant removal.

This might help with Cattle Mutilation : vault.fbi.gov...

Good luck anyway, hope it goes well.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Alright, sweet!... I knew that going this route would be faster than doing a google search! Much appreciated guys!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

For a list of books by notable people see (give the page a second to load):
* www.abovetopsecret.com...

For FOIA documentation you might want to check out ...

* The DOD / DDC and DTIC
* The Sign Historical Group's research ... project1947.com...
* The UK's archive ... webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk...
* The French COMETA report ... en.wikipedia.org...
* Brazil's FOIA documentation ... www.colinandrews.net...
And,
* Canada's archive ... ( also see: ufojoe.bravehost.com... )

For Journal publications ...

From literary sources you might want to investigate "The Classical Journal" 2007, V 103, I 1, R. Stothers, Unidentified Flying Objects in Classical Antiquity

Journal of Abnormal Psychology:
* 1993, V 102, I 4, N.P. Spanos, Close Encounters - An Examination of UFO Experiences

Journal of Personality and Social Psychology:
* 2010, Daryl Bem, Feeling the Future Experimental Evidence for Anomalous Retroactive Influences on Cognition and Affect

Psychological Inquiry:
* 1996, V 7, I 2, McLeod Corbisier and Mack, A More Parsimonious Explanation for UFO Abduction
* 1996, V 7, I 2, Newman and Baumeister, Not Just Another False Memory - Further Thoughts on the UFO Abduction Phenomenon

Systems Research and Behavioral Science:
* 1997, V 14, I 2, A.A. Harrison,'The Kennedy Assassination, Unidentified Flying Objects, and Other Conspiracies Psychological and Organizational Factors in the Perception of ‘‘Cover-up’’', 1996

Journal of American Folklore:
* 1989, T. Bullard, UFO Abduction Reports (supernatural kidnap narrative)
* 2006, W. Dewan, A Saucerful of Secrets - An Interdisciplinary Analysis of UFO Experiences

La Ricerca Folklorica (assuming you speak/read Italian):
* 1994, V 29, V.I. Sanarov, Ufo e ufonauti nel mondo della folcloristica

Virginia Polytechnic thesis:
* 2000, D.P. Hoyt, UFOCRITIQUE - UFOs, Social Intelligence, and the Condon Committee

Intelligence and National Security:
* 1999, V 14, I 2, C.A. Ziegler, UFOs and the US intelligence community
* 1999, V 14, I 2, G.K. Haines, CIA's role in the study of UFOs, 1947-90 - A Die-hard Issue

Political Theory:
* 2008, V 36, I 4, Wendt and Duvall, Sovereignty and the UFO

Sociological Perspectives:
* 2001, V 44, I 1, Markovsky and Thye, Social Influence on Paranormal Beliefs

American Journal of Physics:
* 1969-11, V 11, I 3, Review of The University of Colorado Report by a Panel of the National Academy of Sciences
* 1988-09, V 57, I 1, T.B.H. Kuiper, Resource Letter ETC-1 - Extraterrestrial civilization
* 2006, V 74, I 2, Book Reviews ~ Astrobiology - A Multidisciplinary Approach

American Physical Society:
* 1979, V 51, I 3, F.J. Dyson, Time Without End - Physics and biology in an open universe
* 2002, APS News, V 11, I 8, L. Krauss, Odds Are Stacked When Science Tries To Debate Pseudoscience
* 2009, APS News, V 18, I 3, March 13, 1930 - Clyde Tombaugh’s discovery of Pluto announced

Applied Optics:
* 1978, V 17, I 21, Callahan and Mankin, Insects as unidentified flying objects

Applied Solar Energy:
* 2010, V 46, I 2, M.S. Saidov, Macrofluctuating Stable Pinches in Solar Eruption Plasma and the Formation of a UFO

European Journal of Physics:
* 1997, V 18, I 6, M. Wautelet, How to simulate a UFO with high-power lasers

Icarus:
* 1969-11, V 11, I 3, J.E. McDonald, Book Review - The Condon Report, Scientific Study of Unidentified Flying Objects
* 1969-11, V 11, I 3, NAS, Review of The University of Colorado Report by a Panel of the National Academy of Sciences
* 1973, V 19, I 3, J.A. Ball, The Zoo Hypothesis
* 1976, V 28, I 421, E.M. Jones, Colonization of the Galaxy
* 1977, V 32, I 4, D.W. Schwartzman, The Absence of Extraterrestrials on Earth and the Prospects for CETI
* 1986, V 69, I 370, M.J. Fogg, Temporal Aspects of the Interaction among the First Galactic Civilizations - The 'Interdict Hypothesis'

International Astronomical Union:
* 1984, R.A. Muller, EVIDENCE FOR A SOLAR COMPANION STAR
* 1985, N.S. Kardashev, On the Inevitability and the Possible Structures of Supercivilizations

Journal of the British Interplanetary Society:
* 2004, V 57, M.M. Cirkovic, Geo-engineering Gone Awry A New Partial Solution of Fermi’s Paradox

Nature:
* 1967, V 214, Reports and other Publications - The Reference for Outstanding UFO Sighting Reports
* 1969, V 221, A Sledgehammer for Nuts
* 1972, V 239, King-Hele, Book review - UFOs Analysed
* 1974, V 251, Ridpath, Hynek and CUFOS
* 1977, V 267, Reports and Publications - Other countries-March - Report on a Survey of the Membership of the American Astronomical Society Concerning the UFO Problem.
* 1978, V 272, Rowan-Robinson, Book Review - Rundown Universe
* 1978, V 274, Rich, The 70-year-old mystery of Siberia's big bang
* 1978, V 274, Rich, Tungus expert discovers biofields
* 1979, V 280, 'Science, nonsense and responsibility'
* 1980, V 285, Books Received - Pyschology - UFO Phenomena and the Behavioral Scientist
* 1981, V 294, Zuckerman, Extraterrestrials - where are they
* 1983, V 303, Books Received - Education - Earth Lights - Towards an Explanation of the UFO Enigma
* 1993, V 361, Melosh, Tunguska comes down to Earth
* 1994, V 372, Blackmore, Mind possessed
* 1995, V 375, Nadis, Harvard 'starts inquiry' into UFO researcher
* 1995, V 376, Nadis, Panel clear professor involved in studies of 'close encounters'
* 1996, V 380, Cromer, Sceptical wonderment
* 1996, V 380, Sullivan III, Alone in the Universe
* 1996, V 385, Gardner, Book review - When superstition displaces science
* 1997, V 389, Marshall, Book review - Everyday tales of ordinary madness
* 1998, V 391, Morrison, Book review - Mastering alien etiquette
* 1998, V 395, Scheres, A LEAFY link from outer space
* 1999, V 401, Chyba, An exobiologist's life search
* 2001, V 409, Cohen, Where are the dolphins
* 2006, V 443, Kemp, A modern megalith
* 2006, V 444, Crook, Hotdogs at the end of the world
* 2008, Ball, Is the hunt for extraterrestrial life misguided
* 2009, V 461, SETI at 50
* 2010, Reich, Home computer finds rare pulsar _ Nature News
* 2010, V 465, Taylor, The crop circle evolves
* 2010, V 466, Burns, The four hundred years of planetary science since Galileo and Kepler
* 2010, V 468, Katsnelson, Microbe gets toxic response
* 2010, V 468, Mann, 2010 - The year in which ..
* 2011, Ball, The aliens haven't landed _ Nature News
* 2011, Schilling, ESA on countdown to flagship mission selection _ Nature News

Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific:
* 1959, V 71, I 422, Huang, The Problem of Life in the Universe and the Mode of Star Formation

Science:
* 1968, V 159, I 3812, Clarke and Asimov, Clarke's Third Law on UFO's
* 1968, V 160, I 3833, Page, Photographic Sky Coverage for the Detection of UFO's

Futures:
* 1985, V 17, I 6, A.R. Martin, The Plurality of Worlds - A synergistic approach to the question of the search for extraterrestrial intelligence (SETI)

RAND:
* 1950, Hungerford, Psychological Warfare and Superstition
* 1968, Kocher, UFOs - What to do

Journal of Scientific Exploration:
* www.scientificexploration.org...

I'd also highly recommend sourcing Brad Sparks' 1998 analysis of the 1957 RB-47 incident found in Jerome Clark's UFO Encyclopedia.

For a good overview of the more credible cases take a peek at a 'Brief Proof of UFOs.'

If you're willing to use less reliable sources I'd recommend:
  1. APRO's journal / bulletins
  2. FATE Magazine
  3. Flying Saucer Review (this one has some really astonishing research by credentialed researchers)
  4. MUFON UFO Journal
  5. Nexus
  6. OMNI
  7. UFO AFRINEWS
  8. UFO Magazine

edit on 2-5-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is a good idea either... but I've always wanted to write a paper on this... I have TONS of link, I'll find a few good ones for you..

And I'll try to think of a thesis myself, cuz I'm bored

good luck to you

top topics

join