It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Mercy - Calf Farm Cruelty Exposed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

No Mercy - Calf Farm Cruelty Exposed

vimeo.com

A new Mercy For Animals undercover investigation provides a horrifying look into E6 Cattle Co. in Hart, Texas.

E6 Cattle rears calves for use on dairy farms, confining approximately 10,000 calves and subjecting them to lives of prolonged neglect and misery. For over two weeks in March of 2011, an MFA undercover investigator documented the operation's deplorable conditions and brutal mistreatment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.webpronews.com

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The video is VERY disturbing, Don't watch if your squeamish. Viewer discretion is very much advised.

Disgusting. Absoutley disgusting. How anybody can do this to an animal is beyond me. Killing them is needed but surely it shouldn't be done this way? I understand how important and effective intensive farming methods are but there has to be a line.

vimeo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Killing them is needed

Why ?

There's only one thing worse than animal cruelty, and that's animal cruelty with the added factor of meat-eaters shedding crocodile tears over the most egregious treatment of their ''food''.

I guess it eases their consciences if they pretend to ''fight the good fight'' for all these ''poor cows'', while hypocritically tucking into them at a later date.

Cognitive dissonance rules the day.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

the pen is in your hands : stop buying industrial food. it's also not good for your health anyway.

(what Gandhi was saying about treatment of animals and civilization advancement ? )

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Good god I agree with you on something!

No matter how it is colored if you eat meat you need to recognize you are killing and causing suffering. I am a supporter of lighter meat eating or abstaining all together.

The biggest problem with humanity today is our separation from our food source. We don't know where our food comes from, we don't even care for the most part.

The killing can be avoided altogether if we so choose. In the modern world there is no reason to eat meat no matter what propaganda the meat industry tries to push.

I still it meat but I am a confirmed hypocrite.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There's farming, and then there is factory farming. Factory farming is one of the most inhumane things that I have ever witnessed on Earth, alongside corporate animal testing.

The fact is that...
...the people involved in factory farming are a bunch of f*cking sick bastards who care only about profit.

Animals are beings of nature, and should be raised with dignity, even if you're going to eat them in the end. There is no dignity involved with factory farming; just quotas, machines and death.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

absolutely

before consumption society, most societies were not eating so much meat, only special occasions (like ritual yes) but most of all they were killing themselves the animal they would eat (or someone would in front of their eyes). They'd see the blood which makes a hell lot of difference in term of respect for life and consciousness.

consumers, out of consciousness, and because they are told so, view the red square in the plastic wrap as progress, civilization...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

These workers' and the owner of this farm belong behind bars.
There are humane ways of killing animals for food and they need
to be enforced.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Animal cruelty is an early warning of psychopathic tendencies. I would not be surprised to find the workers in this video have a few human skeletons in their closet. If I was The FBI I would be taking a good hard look at these workers personal lives and hobbies.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Killing them is needed

Why ?

There's only one thing worse than animal cruelty, and that's animal cruelty with the added factor of meat-eaters shedding crocodile tears over the most egregious treatment of their ''food''.

I guess it eases their consciences if they pretend to ''fight the good fight'' for all these ''poor cows'', while hypocritically tucking into them at a later date.

Cognitive dissonance rules the day.

edit on 1-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Having grown up on a farm, we killed and ate a lot of animals.... We would never have thought of treating animals like this.... Why? Because it's one thing if the purpose of their life is to feed us, that doesn't mean we have to bring suffering to them day in and out...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I haven't watched the video. I honestly don't know if I can take it. You see, I am a butcher in a commercial grocery store and I often find myself wondering how the Cows and Pigs am handling were treated prior to being slaughtered and sent to me to butcher.

I wonder if the treatment of these calves at all reflects the treatment of the animals I butcher. I am afraid that If I watch this video it will push me over the edge. I already detest working for a corporation and furthering the agenda of Big Agriculture, and more so, our corrupt Government.

I am already ready to walk out but this might be the final straw. And I can't afford that.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
just quotas, machines and death.

Sounds like my current job.

I do think people should lay off the red meat. One guy at work brags about spending $500 a month on meat alone. I don't buy it much anymore. I do fish a lot and take what I need when I do. Every now and then I may buy a pot roast if it is on sale.

There has been a few animal cruelity busts. Some time ago it was chicken farms. It is rather rediculous but yet again some fellows at work brag about shooting birds with BB guns. I just have to shrug.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
absolutely horrific. can someone please explain to me why it is illegal to treat dogs and cats like this but it's okay when it's cows and chickens? if you are capable of treating ANY living creature this way you are a twisted and sick individual and should not be allowed to be a part of society.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

I had a guy brag about shooting all the little birds in the area he lived in when he was growing up. I lit him up. Thought he was going to cry when I was done.

I explained a traditional belief that upon death you need to answer for all the pain you caused in life and if you don't come to terms in life you will need to in death. What happens when you have a thousand little birds now ten times your size asking for an explanation as to why you killed them? What do you tell them? Was it to sustain your life? Did you simply forget to thank their souls? Or was it to exercise cruelty? Have you learned why it was wrong? Did you grow?

You better have an answer.

I feel like life is sacred and should be universally respected. Just because life feeds on life does not mean it should be disregarded, to the contrary that is why all life should be respected.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyStardust
absolutely horrific. can someone please explain to me why it is illegal to treat dogs and cats like this but it's okay when it's cows and chickens? if you are capable of treating ANY living creature this way you are a twisted and sick individual and should not be allowed to be a part of society.

Its illegal in Australia, The meat industry is a large congress lobbyist in the US the have a large influence and not many senators would have the balls to seem unsympathetic to the meat machine that supplies the population.
We worked it out in Australia so I have faith in my brothers and sisters in the states that you can to.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
And that is the exact reason i support genocide ...

Killing all these sociopaths with their twisted minds is a good thing because there are more benefits than downsides. Ok their family will cry over their bodies but tough luck, they should have thought more before getting involved with or/and raising their kids like some mindless beasts with such low IQs they shouldn't be called human beings.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Ok, having grown up on a farm in New Zealand and still having active involvement on it, I can honestly say that what is going on there is truly disgusting and definitely not the sort of practise that is employed on every farm every where.

There are several practises I see on that video that if we tried in NZ, our farm would be shut down immediately by the SPCA. Firstly the hitting over the head with a hammer - barbaric and banned. If an animal is sick and too ill to recover and a vet is present it is euthanised via injection. If the animal is in too bad a state to wait for a vet (ie broken bones and in pain or very very ill) It must be shot with a gun in the head. Not nice I know, but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind as there is no point in letting an animal suffer needlessly.

Secondly the 'dehorning' you see going on with the clippers and hot iron is also banned. They are now frozen off with dry ice - kind of the same as burning off a wart. I feel inclined to point out to anyone who takes issue with the horns being removed that it is done for the animals' own collective welfare. Horns are a weapon and cows / bulls are not exactly gentle with one another - head butting and pushing etc is part of daily life. If horns are left on an animal they can cause significant injury to other animals. Some farmers will raise the odd show animal with the horns allowed to grow and these animals have to be closely watched unless they are a particularly docile breed.

I am unsure whether these animals in the video are kept like that in those pens because they are intended to produce veal or if that is standard practise on that farm for raising calves. Hint from a farmer - do not buy or eat veal because it is the most cruel meat from beef. Calves are usually raised in stalls as you see in the video because the pale tender meat that people so love is from young animals that have not developed rumen in their stomachs ie only young calves living on milk only have this meat unless they are fed a cocktail of chemicals and kept in pens like the ones you see.

All that negative stuff being said, let me tell how cattle are raised on our farm in New Zealand. Our farm is reasonably typical of how things are done ,except some operations may raise a lot of calves in sheds to get them started. Not in the style of those pens in the video however. Think a big barn that has outdoor access where every calf can move freely and interact with other calves,

Animals on our farm are either born from a cow that has been naturally bred from a bull off the farm or bought in at any stage from a calf to an adult animal to be grown on.Calves whether born on the farm or bought in are fed on their own mothers or a 'nurse cow' if they have come from outside. The calves are only kept in a shed as described above over the worst winter months, but as soon as they are large enough to fend for themselves or the weather is kind enough they are outdoors and remain that way for the rest of their life on the farm.

The animals are never fed growth hormones or antibiotics unless an illness means the latter has been prescribed by a vet, who will usually administer them to the animal themselves in the form of an injection. Animal health treatments are kept to a bare minimum usually because the animals thrive when allowed to grow as nature intended. The most common regular health treatments are: drenching to ensure worms and other parasites do not make the cows ill and some minerals are fed to them occasionally at certain times of the year. i.e Calcium and Magnesium is given to the mother cows at calving time in order to ensure they do not get 'milk fever' or 'grass staggers' (Think taking vitamin supplements in human terms)

So I say to all of those of you who are put off and upset by the OP, demand from your meat retailers and / or government disclosure on how the animals are reared. Here in Australia and in New Zealand too eggs are labelled as to whether they are cage laid or free range. Maybe it's time meat products are treated the same so that people are made aware of the difference between fair and sustainable farming that cares for the animal throughout it's life and cruel inhumane practises that should really be ended.

The good farmers should not be punished for the acts of a few cruel ones and the cruel ones should be driven out of business.

edit on 3-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: to correct grammar

edit on 3-5-2011 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh GOD no.
That is NOT the way to kill an animal.

THIS is why I HATE agribusiness.
I hate them, and I hate people that try to outlaw people keeping their own.

My county - my stupid, stupid county - outlawed people keeping ANY chickens unless it was in an agricultural area. (Luckily, with my 4 hens, I am, but it outlawed most chickens in this area completely.)
They said people get upset because the Mexicans would go out in their yards - where they run fairly free, and get one and kill it and clean it.

Yeah, and I bet the same people that get so upset over it go home and eat some Tyson's chicken, where the chickens live knee deep in crap in a crowded dark building, never seeing the light of day too.

I hate agribusiness. I hate it. This breaks my heart. These guys have so much work to do - so many animals to kill, that they've lost their compassion and are not honoring the natural contract we have with domestic animals. We are SUPPOSE to care for them and protect their species, and treat them kindly, and in return they give their lives for us. That's what I believe.

I INSIST that animals treated kindly in life and death, if I have to do it myself.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Babyback ribs right? People want to put it into their bodies but do not want to take responsibility for how it got to them, they dont want to know.

Blessings to my fellow earthlings in cowform.

This is all part of what is happening with the ET connection guys, but youll have to wait to find that one out in the future. *True*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join