It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls Correspondents Dinner "Inappropriate".

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Trump really got hammered by the President.

The Trump "BBQ" was complete with graphics.

"After a week when Obama released his long-form Hawaii birth certificate, he said Trump could now focus on the serious issues, from whether the moon landing actually happened to "where are Biggie and Tupac?"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's not in "The Donald's" personality to let it go...Remember Rosie ?

This could get very interesting. Trump will fire back.

They even made fun of his hair...You don't talk about "The Hair"...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow, just wow - What did he expect? The man goes on National Television and calls Obama out over a birth certificate, and then he shows up at his dinner and doesn't expect the same in return, all in jest? Lesson learned, Trump, lesson learned.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Election time soap opera!
So both are either making jokes or crying while the country falls into the abyss.
Of course this will go on and take over the media circus - there's real news that needs to be covered up!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Inappropriate hmm. Like calling China "mother-effers" perhaps. I don't like/support Obama at all, but that is totally a case of the pot calling the kettle black (no pun)

Yes Obama is president, and Trump is not, so they aren't really held to the same standard of behavior. But considering Trump is planning to run for POTUS in 2012 he should be on his best behavior too.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Hmmm. He can dish it out but can't take it...
What a schmuck.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I think Trump should run with "The Hair" as VP.

I'm pretty sure "The Hair" can survive if something happens to Trump, and it would do a better job than Biden!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
trump shoulda dropped the f-bomb last nite no guts no glory i say.

imagine the news today if he had!!!!!!!! that woulda been must see tv

obama tried to marginalize trump last nite did he succeed? or just did he fire up trumps base which i am not a part of.

maybe last nite was the lefts plan to fire up trump to get him to run for potus because they know trump cant possibly win in 2012.

all i know is the chump is the potus and not the trump.
edit on 1-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Oh by the way Mr. Trump.....YOUR FIRED!

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
He said he didn't expect to be addressed.

When the sitting US President rips you for 2:36 in front of the MSM.

I think the kids would say..."He got served".

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Yes Obama is president, and Trump is not, so they aren't really held to the same standard of behavior. But considering Trump is planning to run for POTUS in 2012 he should be on his best behavior too.

Yet the POTUS has slipped to level of Trump..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You know I think that Donald Trump lost a big chance for positive PR with this. It's been long known that Trump can't take jokes well, and he's even worse with genuine criticism. However, if he had been able to just swallow it and laugh along last night, that could have made him look great, and gone a long way to changing the public view of him as an insecure egomaniac.

Remember Donald, if you can't laugh at yourself you're taking yourself far too seriously.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Obama's writers should get a bonus. That was amazing. He dissed everyone without insulting anyone. Self deprecation included. I wish I had come up with that. Politics in the digital age. He does it well. You don't have to agree with it but you've got to admire it for what it is. Effective.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wait a minute? Wasn't there at Trump roast? And now this is "inappropriate"? Makes no sense. What was he expecting?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Trump got what was coming to him.

He's been wasting Americas time with a bunch of BS.

Seth Meyer got it right when he said "....that's funny because I thought he was running as a joke."

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Trump should rub some ointment on it and get on with life.

We are getting burned by Obama.

He is nothing special.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why does anyone even listen to trump?

he is just a dirty as a wall street banker.

Remember his bankrupts?

just a Celebrity Attention whore, Trump for president?

I lulz incredibly.

Sad to see though, my entire country just a total soap opera # basket.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Trump is just whinging about it because he got administered some Severe Pwnage by Obama.

I thought this was how these 'roasts' were supposed to go; people ripping the proverbial out of all and sundry in a light-hearted and not entirely serious manner.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Side note: I find it hilarious, the picking of sides.

Donald trump?

You're behind Donald Trump?

He'd step on you and not even flinch while you and your family starve to death, get real.

I suppose he has to do something to afford those lip injections and that idiotic looking wig of his.

Yeah that's someone that I can relate to.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I do not remember Trump making fun of Obama, he simply demanded the BC. I don't think that he had ever said anything 'mocking' or 'belittling' of Obama, only that Obama is "doing a terrible job" - which was simply an opinion?? Considering Obama's low approval polls, most Americans probably think that Obama is doing a terrible job, now, is he going to make fun of every one of them?

I don't get it, after producing a fake certificate, they begin to make fun of the Donald? Publicly humiliating and embarrassing him? Obviously they got pissed when the WikiLeaks came out, and publicly embarrassed the administration, but they have no problem picking on someone who is brave enough to challenge the authority.

Donald might not be as knowledgeable about the POTUS job requirements, I still think that he has good intentions if he is willing to leave his 50 Million/Year job as a real estate mogul for a 100,000/Year Pres.one. I think Donald has good intentions in this whole matter.

Maybe Trump will come up with some jokes about poor PhotoShop that was done on BC? Maybe...
I do believe that our President's decorum was inappropriate ...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hey you're right this guy is a crook he'd make a GREAT POTUS,

www.luxist.com...

oh yeah, and I'm sure he has GOOD INTENTIONS...

warning: incoming satirical nazi reference.

You know who else had good intentions?!

THATS RIGHT HITLER!

edit on 1-5-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join