It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 hours in Hell, 4 days to Home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The most upsetting thing about this story is how little media coverage this has gotten. While I can't speak for the newspapers (I haven't gotten any sense a little before the event), and I wasn't on the net the day of or day after this happened, I have heard almost nothing about it, because Osama and the royal wedding have taken over my news source (admittedly this is yahoo news, but still, come on).

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I live in an area where tornados happen, but fortunately have never witnessed one or have been through one. Natural disasters happen all the time and that's part of the reason why I believe in preparedness/planning and can't stand it when others scoff at me for my ideas. I have seen my share of thunderstorms and blizzards and always have a back up plan for when and if the power goes out. Every summer we have power outages due to storms and the longest outage was for four hours. To me, that seemed like an eternity. We get so used to our power and electricity and I personally, love modern living. I saw news footage on tv re: the tornado's damage to the towns down south and reminded myself of why I do the things I do for such a case. Of course, sometimes the best plans don't work out in some instances of natural disasters. Sometimes you lose everything. But like I told my husband, at least if a tornado came and blew our house away we wouldn't have to live in one of those shelters because we would be able to afford a hotel for a few nights anyway. To me, living in a shelter with a bunch of strangers would be so, so hard. I'm such a private person and like my own space. But that's part of what makes this country great is that we do provide for such tragedies and our people don't just end up on the street without food, medicine, water, etc. I wish the best for you and yours.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Not to burst your bubble, but hotels are not always an option. Without power, they don't appear nearly as comfortable or appealing.

Even with the massive destruction that was thrown at Alabama, most people still have their homes. The real problem was that no one had power... the stores closed, the gas stations closed, and the hotels closed. There was nowhere within 30 miles that one could get electricity outside of a personal generator. And even if someone had one of those, there was nowhere to get gasoline or supplies.

Now, on a brighter note: my son won first place in the state competition. Screw the mini-Al-Gores.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneckAnd even if someone had one of those, there was nowhere to get gasoline or supplies.

Well I know you said you didn't have any water bottled in case of emergency, but surely all those jugs of Tennessee Tea could run that generator

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Whoa this is too trippy sounds like one of those life changing spiritual experiences that I seldom hear about.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Thx for posting your comments I am glad the animals are ok and that you survived. I really enjoyed reading this even tho there was so much destruction. Prayers for you and your family

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join